Author's Chapter Notes:
A MASSIVE thanks to my Beta Pixiecorn (Kelly) for going over this chapter for me *hugs*Also a huge thanks to Edgehead for the awesome banner i love it so much!
Chapter 6

Confessions

Buffy had spent the past two days hiding away in her room, telling Cordy and her parents that she wasn’t feeling well and just wanted to rest. Jenny and Giles had brought it, making her chicken soup and tea in the hope that it would help her feel better but Cordy wasn’t as easily fooled.

Cordy had asked her a few times what was really wrong but had quickly dropped it knowing that Buffy would talk to her about it when she was ready. With a sigh, Cordy prepared herself and knocked on Buffy’s bedroom door. Once she heard Buffy’s muffled ‘come in’, she entered with a smile and joined her on the bed.

She didn’t need to say anything, by the look on Buffy’s face Cordy knew she knew why she was there., Buffy sighed before smiling.

It was time.

“I’m sorry I’ve been hiding up here,” she smiled sheepishly.

"It's okay; you want to tell me why though?"

Buffy looked down at her hands, almost ashamed as she played with the hem of her shirt.

"I don't want to lose your friendship," she whispered. “you’re my best friend.”

"Buffy, there is nothing in this world that you could do that would make me stop talking to you. You’re like a sister to me."

Buffy smiled, hoping and praying that her secret wouldn’t destroy them. She took a much needed deep breath and began.

“This isn’t the first time I’ve meet your brother.” Buffy couldn’t look Cordy in the eyes, instead she kept her eyes down.

“Will?” Cordy asked, confused. Looking up, Buffy nodded.

“I meet him as Spike though.” She swallowed the lump in her throat and continued. “I met him two months ago on that trip to L.A.” Cordy at first looked confused but it quickly registered what her best friend was trying to tell her.

“Oh my god! Will was the guy you went home with that night?” Buffy only nodded in response, looking down ashamed and kind of scared. “You slept with my brother?” Buffy’s head shot up at the confusion in Cordys voice. Panic gripped her, terrified she was about to lose the most amazing friend she had ever had.

“I didn’t know he was your brother. If I did I never would have slept with him you have to believe that. I would never betray you like that…” Buffy started on a long and panicked rant.

“Buffy. Buffy calm down… it’s cool.” Cordy let out a laugh, holding in her giggle at Buffy’s confusion.

“You’re laughing…Why are you laughing?”

“I’m sorry,” Cordy suppressed another giggle. “It’s just, I was actually going to try and set you guys up over Christmas. I guess I don’t have to now.” She smiled, her proud grin only lasting a few seconds.

Buffy looked crushed.

“It’s over Cordy… Whatever Spike and I had, it’s over.” She whispered, feeling her heart break.

“What? Why? You’re perfect for each other, trust me I know.”

“I’m seventeen years old and he’s twenty two-”

“Yeah and?” Cordy cut in. “Xander’s twenty two and I’m only seventeen.”

“It’s different,” Buffy whispered sadly. “We talked and he made his thoughts about the two of us ever having a relationship very clear.” She sighed, letting a tear fall.

“My brother’s an idiot.”

Buffy laughed and started wiping her tears away.

“He would be lucky to have someone like you… I swear this is all Drusilla’s fault.” Cordy sighed.

“Who?” Buffy asked, confused and intrigued.

“My brothers ex,” Cordy almost spat out. “She was a real evil witch if you ask me. I hated her from the word go but William loved her so…” She shrugged. “They met when he was only sixteen and she was twenty four and they dated for around four years.” Her shoulders dropped. “We all knew she was cheating on him but my parents were so afraid of losing him… Anyway, on the day of his graduation he went to her apartment to propose and found her in bed with another guy.”

Buffy’s mouth dropped open in a silent ‘O’.

“William was devastated. She ended up moving to England with the guy and Will went onto college but he was never the same. He lost that sweetness… After that followed a string of one night stands. He refused to get close to another girl again and got this stubborn notion that dating someone older or younger then yourself was a recipe for disaster…” Cordy let out a deep sigh. “Another reason why Xander and I haven’t told him the truth yet.” She explained, rolling her eyes.

“I’m starting to get a clear picture of where his head is now. No wonder he freaked.” Buffy sighed.

“You know why William freaked? Because he fell for you.” Buffy laughed at this.

“Oh yeah, he fell real hard,” she replied sarcastically.

“My brother NEVER takes his one night stands back to his place EVER! To many uncomfortable conversations he says, better to go to her place so he can slip out in the middle of the night. Trust me, he likes you. Now we just have to make him see that you’re not like Dru.”

“No! Please Cordy, just leave it.” Buffy begged.

“You like him, I know you do.”

“Please, I’m begging you to leave it. We’re just not meant to be.”

Cordy sighed in defeat.

“Fine but only if you promise to come out of this room,” she stood. “Mom is taking us on a girl’s only shopping spree.”

“I don’t have any money.”

“Don’t worry dad gave us the credit card.”

“Oh no I couldn’t.”

“Mom insisted. Now I promise not to say anything to William but you have to get off your mopey butt right now and come shopping with me.” Buffy laughed and took Cordy’s outstretched hand and stood up.

“Okay.” She smiled and embraced her best friend in a hug. “I love you.” She whispered.

“I love you too.” Cordy smiled back.

Buffy quickly grabbed her purse and mobile before heading out of the room and down the stairs.

“Note to self. Talk to Xander tonight and make a plan to get Buffy and William together.” Cordy thought to herself, smiling wickedly. True she had promised to stay out of it but some promises needed to be broken. Buffy and William deserved to be happy and she knew that they belonged together.

Smiling happily at the morning’s event, she shut the guest room door before following Buffy down the stairs.


Chapter End Notes:
So?? what do you guys think?? let me know :)