Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok, so I am so so so sorry to all those waiting on this update, but a combination of problems creeped up on me and I was unable to write for some time. But I'm back for the moment.
Just as Giles was going to answer his wayward charge, the front door opened and in walked a handsome African American man and the brunette that Buffy hoped she would never to have seen again after the debacle with the mayor.

“Faith?” Buffy asked as the brunette realized who exactly was in the house of her surrogate mom. “What are you doing here?”

“Hey, B,” Faith jokingly greeted. “Long time no see, eh?”

Buffy just grinned mockingly at Faith as she cocked her head to the side. “I’ll ask once more,” she gritted out between her teeth. “What are you doing here, Faith?”

“My coma changed me,” Faith said as the new man wrapped his arms around Faith’s waist. “When I came round and realized you’d left the Hellmouth in the hands of none other than William the Bloody I just had to get back into my Slaying. For all we knew he was cooking up some ploy to end the world.”

“Oi, Faith,” Spike commented as he stood up next to Buffy. “Told you before I had no plans of the like. That whole ‘end the world’ gig was bloody Angelus’ game. I like this world.”

This made Buffy giggle as she remembered the last time Spike had said this to her. “I remember this line,” Buffy said as she sobered up, then she put on her best ‘Spike’ voice. “‘We like to talk big. Vampires do. 'I'm going to destroy the world.' That's just tough guy talk. Strutting around with your friends over a pint of blood. The truth is, I like this world. You've got... dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people. Billions of people walking around like Happy Meals with legs. It's all right here. But then someone comes along with a vision. With a real... passion for destruction. Angel could pull it off. Goodbye, Piccadilly. Farewell, Leicester Bloody Square. You know what I'm saying?’.”

“I do not bloody sound like that,” Spike said indignantly. “And when did I say that?”

“Yes, you do, baby,” Buffy cooed. “And it was the night we made the truce and you called me cutie.”

“Right,” Faith said slightly loud. “Enough with the mushy stuff. I may be settled down myself, but I still can’t handle mushy PDA’s. Oh, B, this is my boyfriend, Robin Wood. He’s the new headmaster at the school since my old boss ate Snyder.”

“So, you’re the new evil at the school,” Buffy said as she held her hand out to Robin. “Buffy Summers, Dawn’s big sister and former student of your fine establishment.”

“Good to finally put a face to the stories,” Robin joked as he returned the handshake. “Did you really burn down your school in LA?”

“Guilty,” Buffy said as she felt herself being pulled back into Spike’s lap. “But I’ve been MIA for the past few years. Mainly through selfishness though.”

“What do mean by that, B?” Faith asked as she and Robin settled on the sofa and everyone else settled down into seats.

“Dawn,” Buffy shouted. “Can you bring Katie-Beth here a minute. I want to introduce her to Faith.”

“I’ll be there in a minute, mommy,” a small voice called from the kitchen. “Aunty Dawn gave me some ice cream and I’m almost done.”

“Dawn!” Buffy exclaimed. “I’m going to kill you.”

“Mommy?” Faith questioned when she heard the small voice. “Since when have you had a kid?”

“Long story short,” Xander spoke up noticing that Buffy looked ready to kill her little sister. “Five years ago, Oz cheated on Willow and he left. She got upset and tried to cast a ‘thy will be done’ spell to mend her broken heart. Only it didn’t work on her, but what ever she said came true.”

“I told Giles he didn’t see anything and he became blind,” Willow continued. “Told Xander he was a demon magnet because of his dating history when he tried to talk to me about Oz and then said that Buffy and spike should get married.”

“Never told me you got married to B here, Blondie,” Faith smirked.

“The spell was broken before we could get married,” Buffy explained, a hint of sadness in her voice that Spike picked up on.

“But while we were Watcher watchin’,” Spike continued. “We snuck off to the bathroom, which just happened to be where they chained me up, and done the deed.”

“But, vampire, hello?” Faith said after checking that no one new had entered the room before she said vampire.

“Willow found some stuff about Spike’s vampiric bloodline that explained a lot about things,” Buffy explained. “It explained that the Aurealias line can reproduce with either humans or other Aurealias vampires of the opposite sex and have healthy human children. I miscarried after I lost my virginity to Angel.”

“Wow, and I thought you were a vampire slayer,” Faith smirked. “Not a vampire layer.”

“Mommy, I’m all sticky now,” Katie-Beth said as she came up to her parents waving her ice cream covered hands.

“Spike, why don’t you take her to wash her hands,” Buffy suggested. Spike nodded and lifted Katie-Beth into his arms and leant down to press a chaste kiss to Buffy’s lips. “I’ll shout when it’s okay to come back down.”

“Sure thing, love. We’ll just go into our room when we’re finished.”

“Why don’t you and Katie-Beth come into my room and me and Connor will come up, too,” Dawn suggested and Spike agreed.

Just as Spike, Katie-Beth, Dawn and Connor left the room; Joyce came in with as despondent look on her face. “I know I invited you over for a barbeque,” she said. “But looking at the weather, it looks like it will be movies and take away instead. I hope that’s okay.”

Joyce’s suggestion was met by many voices agreeing with her and she headed back to the kitchen and Giles followed her. “Buffy gives us her blessing,” Joyce explained when Giles held her close to him. “Spike and Dawn let it slip and she said it was ok. She even offered to move in here and look after Dawn so we can have our own place.”

“That’s good,” Giles murmured as he placed a soft kiss to Joyce’s temple. You will be able to relax while you recover from your operation and regain your strength. I love you Joyce and I will do anything for you.”

They both just sat quietly in each other’s arms and whispered words of love to each other.

In the living room, Buffy was explaining to Faith about what Willow had found years ago and about the miscarriage after Angel and then they began discussing everything that had happened in the past five years to both of them. They were just getting to the joys of motherhood when they were interrupted by the doorbell and Dawn and Spike running down the stairs, with Spike holding Katie-Beth.”

When Buffy and Faith saw Spike snarling, they immediately went into Slayer mode and could sense the presence of another vampire. “Who is it, baby?” Buffy asked as she held Katie-Beth between Spike and herself.

“What the hell is he doing here?” Spike asked. “Nobody told him you were coming home.”

Before anyone could say anything else, Dawn and Connor opened the door to welcome their new guest into the house. Buffy walked out into the foyer to see her ex-boyfriend standing at the door.

“Angel,” Buffy whispered in a state of shock. “What are you doing here?”


Chapter End Notes:
Please review if you are still interested in this fic or shall I just delete it until I have the time to finish it? Even if I get reviews saying keep it, this fic will be on hiatus as I have exams next month.