Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok, so I this chapter has been a long time coming, but I have had a lot of family things this past year, as well as having to resit my second year at uni.
I know I intended this to be longer, but since it looks like the sequel to Older But Closer Together is going to have some Angel bashing, I decided to have Angel be a good guy in this one. I do promise that in the new year there will be a sequel for this as will Older But Closer Together.
Until then, this is the last chapter, but look out for the sequel.
Chapter 7 (Surprise)

“Hey dad,” Connor greeted. “Hey Cordy. Glad you could make it.”

“Angel’s your dad?” Buffy asked. “Dawn did you know and if you did why didn’t you tell us?”

“Yeah, bit,” Spike agreed. “You could have told us to let us know what to expect.”

“Sorry guys,” Dawn said sheepishly. “I didn’t know how you would react and whether you would stop me from seeing Connor or not. Now can we invite our latest guests in the house before it rains?”

“Sure,” Buffy said. “Come in Angel, Cordy. Everyone is in the living room.”

Angel let Cordelia enter the house before he entered and she smiled at Buffy. “Who is this little darling?”

“Hello, Cordelia,” Buffy smiled, glad Cordelia had learned some manners since they had graduated high school. “If you go into the living room, I will explain to you as I still have some stuff to talk about with everyone else anyway.”

Cordelia just smiled and walked into the living room, her eyes immediately falling to Xander and Anya. Anya was always going on about how men were just trouble in high school so it was hard for her to picture Anya so close to any man, let alone a deadbeat like Xander Harris.

“Hello Cordelia,” Anya greeted her old high school friend. “Xander’s mine now, so keep your hands off him.”

“Ahn, Cordy and I are ancient history,” Xander said in a hushed tone. “She’s obviously moved on, as have I. I’ve got you now and I’m not letting you go.”

Cordelia and Angel found a seat together on the sofa beside Faith and Robin. The two brunettes’ eyes clashed in a silent battle until Angel nudged Cordy in the ribs. He didn’t want the two of them to end up fighting in Buffy’s house. Buffy and Spike soon followed and settled onto the floor with Katie-Beth, allowing Joyce and Giles to settle on the other chair.

“Momma, I’m tired,” Katie-Beth said with a yawn.

“Okay, baby girl,” Buffy smiled at her daughter. Just lie down with your head on my lap and go to sleep for a little while since dinner will be soon.”

“Okay momma,” the little girl replied sleepily and she lay down, falling asleep rather quick.

“Right, well, where will we start?” Spike asked as he looked around the room.

“How about what Buffy has been up to for the past four years?” Angel asked pointedly as he stared at Buffy. “And why she disappeared.”

“I’ve been in Boston for the past four years,” Buffy said as she absentmindedly ran her fingers through the soft blonde hair of her daughter. “Raising my daughter. Alone.”

“Well, who’s her father?” Angel asked. “That overbearing TA that was sniffing around you before you left? Xander? Who, Buffy?”

“I’m her bleedin’ father,” Spike said angrily as he noticed Buffy get upset. “Buffy and I did the deed while we were under a spell and she fell pregnant. And don’t either of you two LA puppies try to deny the fact when you’ve got the living, breathing proof of the fact standing next to you.”

“Angel is Connor’s father?” Giles asked. “Who have you slept with since your ‘episode’ six years ago? Cordelia?”

“Eww, do I look old enough to have a teenage son?” Cordelia asked in a disgusted voice. “No offence, Connor.”

“None taken,” Connor smiled in return. “You’re a brilliant step-mom. But no, Cordy isn’t my mom. My mom was Darla and I was only born three years ago. I was trapped in another dimension where time went faster and I obviously grew up quicker than usual.”

“Darla was dusted,” Buffy whispered. “I saw you dust her Angel.”

“Wolfram and Hart resurrected her,” Angel said. “And after Dru vamped her again, I had a weak moment and slept with her.”

“So, my papers aren’t needed here,” Buffy smiled as she laid her head on Spike’s shoulder. “I have to say, though, it’s good being back with my family and everyone accepting me back so easily. I’m moving back here and I’m going to let my mom move in with Giles and Katie-Beth and I are going to move in here with Spike and Dawn.”

“That’s great news, B,” Faith smiled. “It’s gonna be good with you home. I’m starting to feel like my family is finally becoming complete. I’ve always looked at you like a sister and I guess that’s why we always fought so much; sibling rivalry.”

“Yeah,” Buffy smiled as she looked at Spike. “Especially when it came to guys. But, I gotta say, thanks with the whole Scott thing. I don’t think I ever did thank you for it.”

“No problem, B,” Faith smiled as she remembered the homecoming dance. “He deserved all he got for what he did to you. Honestly, who dumps a girl days before a huge event like senior year homecoming?”

“Enough, Faith,” Buffy said as she buried her face into Spike’s chest, not wanting to relive that year. “We’re here to look to the future, not dwell on the past.”

“I agree,” Dawn piped up. “I don’t want to think about the past when I was at that boring school and living with dad. I hardly spent any time with him but now I’m living here, I’ve had more family dinners than the limit on my credit card.”

“Why don’t we get everyone a drink and we can toast to the future,” Giles suggested. Everyone agreed and Willow and Tara headed to the kitchen to get said drinks. After everyone was settled with drinks ranging from soda to scotch to blood, they all toasted to the future whatever it may hold.

Fin.


Chapter End Notes:
Please please please review and tell me if this is a good ending to this story, and if you do want a sequel. Thanks for reading Laura (aka basket_case1880) xxx