Author's Chapter Notes:
A BIG thank you to xaphania for all the support, help and beta'ing she did with this chapter, she is super-fantasctic-awesome. *Big hugs* Hope you enjoy this chapter! Depending on how much I write on this fic tonight, I *might* post another chapter later. Not sure yet.
“So your mom said 'no'. Just like that?” Willow asked, then picked up a french fry from her tray and nibbled on it.

“Yes. Add an 'I'm your mother, obey me' tone, and you hit the mark. But it doesn't matter anyway.” Buffy said, trying to sound as cryptic as possible, whilst at the same time holding in her excitement to tell her friend the news. "I don't care what she says."

“What do you mean it doesn't matter?!” Willow shouted, not able to grasp the fact that her best friend was going to let it slide so easily. “You aren't allowed to go to your favorite band's concert, and you're okay with that?”

“No, I'm not okay with it. But I've found a way to work around it.” Buffy said, then smiled mischievously.

Buffy then let Willow in on the little secret, filling her in on the contest, and that she was entered into it. Willow let out a squeal and leaned over to hug her best friend. “Oh, I hope you win! I could do a luck spell! You know, to ensure that you are extra lucky!” Willow said and clapped her hands.

When the bell rang, Buffy nodded at Willow, stood up from her seat, then scowled. “Ugh, great. Gym class. I want to skip it, just to spite my mom.”

“Then do it.” Willow told her as they dumped their trays in the garbage.

Buffy froze, a look of shock spreading across her face as she stared at Willow. “Did you just tell me that I should skip a class? Who are you, and what have you done with my friend?”

Willow giggled as she shrugged, then linked her arm through Buffy's as they walked out of the cafeteria. “I know, I know. Honor roll student, Willow Rosenburg is condoning skipping. Not something you hear every day, but hey... it’s only gym, and your mom isn't letting you go to the concert with me. I say that skippage is in order right now. For you. I'm going to class, outlaw.”

Buffy thought about it as she walked Willow to her next class. As they stopped at the door, Buffy nodded her head. “You know what, you're right. I should. I'm gonna! And, I'm gonna just skip the rest of the day too!”

“Buffy... that’s pushing it a little. Maybe--”

“No! I'm doing it, and nothing is stopping me. Call you after school?”

Willow wanted to stop her friend from skipping so many classes, but Buffy could be very stubborn when she set her mind to it. So, instead of convincing her to go to the rest of her classes after gym, she just nodded then leaned in for a hug. “Okay, talk to you later.”

Buffy walked down the hallway toward the back of the school, planning to go around so she wouldn't get caught.

First stop, the mall!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


The tour bus stopped in front of the hotel, and Spike could hear his band mates lugging their instruments out of the overhead compartments. Spike was glad that he had asked his manager, Lorne, to include this little town on the tour. It was small, and there might not be as big an audience to perform for as they would have in a city like L.A., but he wanted to come here to get away from the big cities for a bit. Who knew? Maybe something interesting would happen...

Spike hopped off the bed in the back and made his way to the front of the bus, happy that the bodyguard was going to push their way through the horde of fans outside. He hated the fame, but he loved the fortune, and the adrenaline rush he got from being on a stage, performing for thousands of people. Hence, the band's name. But he just wanted to be a normal guy for a change.

As he made his way through the narrow passage his bodyguard was making through the screaming fans and paparazzi, Spike decided that being in a small town definitely had its perks. There wasn't an overly large group of people here, not like there would have been in a big city, and he laughed as an idea sprang to mind. He could disguise himself and go out. It would be easier than trying to go out in a big city.

Spike turned to his friend and stole his black trucker hat and glasses, ignoring the disgruntled 'Hey!'. When they made it to the hotel elevator, he put the disguise on and pushed floor number two, planning to get out on that floor, then slip outside where the fans wouldn't notice him.

“I don't think you should do that, man,” Xander said, knowing what Spike was about to do. He tried to take back his hat and sunglasses to stop his friend. “Could be dangerous.”

Spike evaded Xanders hands and gently pushed him away. “No one can see me, Xan. Hat hides the hair, glasses hide the eyes and my cheekbones. Gotta love aviators!” he replied as the elevator door dinged open on the second floor. Spike poked his head out and looked both ways, making sure there weren't any people there to witness his escape. When he confirmed no one was there to spot him, he stepped out of the elevator and grinned at the rest of the guys in the lift. “Besides, gotta have a life, don't I?” he chuckled as the door started to close.

He looked back and forth down the hallway again, deciding which way to go first. “Finally,” he whispered as he headed left. “Freedom.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Buffy sat in a booth in the coffee shop, stirring her mocha latte with the stir stick as she replayed the episode she and her mother had had the night before. It wasn't like Buffy planned on going to the concert, get drunk and take drugs. She was just going to stand in the crowd, listen to the band play. Along with some loud singing, screaming and dancing. It wouldn't be a big deal if she went. And Buffy would have held up her end of the bargain if mer mother had caved. But oh, no. Joyce had to make sure Buffy was the good little girl who did her schoolwork and made it into a good university.

Well what if Buffy didn't want to go to university? Buffy didn't care if she flipped burgers to make a living. As long as she was happy with what she was doing in her life, her mother shouldn't care.

Okay, maybe Buffy did care what she did with her life, and she sure as hell didn't want to be flipping burgers at the Doublemeat Palace, but still, there was a point. Buffy was an eighteen-year-old girl about to graduate high school and turn nineteen. Her mother could have a little more leniency with her. Buffy felt trapped by her mother, and it wasn't a nice feeling.

Buffy sighed and slumped into her seat and sipped on her hot beverage. It just wasn't fair. She felt the sting of tears form in her eyes before she could stop it, then decided she didn't care if the people in the shop saw her crying.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Spike had been having good luck since he left the hotel. No one seemed to recognize him at all, and he was ecstatic about that. He felt like he was blending in with all the normal people in the town, and he loved it. He had already been in a book shop, a CD store, and a fast food restaurant, and no one had known that he was Spike Pratt, lead singer of Adrenaline Rush. It was refreshing.

He was walking down a street when he saw a small coffee house called the Espresso Pump and decided he could use a coffee. As he walked into the shop, the bell jingled above him and he froze, waiting for someone to look up and notice him. When no one even bothered to look up at him, he grinned, suppressed a chuckle and went to the cashier to order.

Once he had his coffee in hand, he went to a booth and sat down, scanning the people that were there. There was an older man, obviously wearing a toupée looking confused and frustrated as he tried to complete a crossword from the newspaper. Spike smiled and his eyes moved to the next person. A brunette, drinking a cappucino and furiously speaking into her cellphone. She looked mightily peeved, and Spike felt sorry for the bloke who had to deal with her.

There were two old ladies, gossiping over their teas and cackling loudly. He hated old women like that, unable to keep their noses out of other peoples business. Maybe it was just because everyone in the world knew what he was doing from week to week. He used to be a private guy, but privacy was a hard thing to have when you're famous.

He turned his attention to a small blonde, huddled in the booth across from him. She looked sad. Defeated, even. Like some part of her had been crushed, and he felt his heart go out for her. He had known that sadness before, and he wouldn't wish it on anyone. He studied her a bit more, watching her sniffle as silent tears rolled down her cheeks as she stirred her drink. Even with the splotchy redness in her cheeks and the puffy eyes, she was gorgeous. He found himself wishing he could see her all dolled up for a night out on the town with some friends.He bet she would look magnificent.

He watched as one of her dainty hands came up to push some hair behind her ear as she raised to cup to her lips and took a drink. Her golden blonde hair glinted in the sun streaming in from outside, her lips parted and her tongue darted out as the cup reached her mouth. He was mesmerized.

He had to meet this girl. Now.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Buffy knew that the creepy guy in the trucker hat and aviator glasses had been watching her, studying her every move. As creepy as it should have been, she felt almost comforted. It was like she could feel his heart go out to her as she drowned in her sorrow. Like he had been where she was before.

But then he stood up, still looking at her as he made his way over to her and her heart sped up. 'Why is he coming over here? Why is he going to talk to me? Can't he tell I'm not in the mood to talk to a stranger right now?' she thought to herself as he slid into the seat in front of her.

She looked up at him, quickly wiping her eyes so she could see him clearer without the tears blurring her vision. She couldn't make out any of his features with the ridiculous hat and glasses on his face, but she noticed he seemed familiar. When she couldn't place him, she glared at him, trying to silently tell him to go away.

“Hello, luv. Care for some company?” he asked, a hopeful tone to his voice.

And then she knew who he was.

TBC


Chapter End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed! Review to let me know? *bats eyelashes*