Author's Chapter Notes:
A big thank you goes to PaganBaby for the quick beta job! And another thank you goes to xaphania for the awesome banner! Thanks soooooo much, ladies! Also, thank you to everyone who has read and reviewed. Your thoughts and comments mean so much to me!
Buffy walked into her room behind Willow, shutting the door softly and listening for any sounds outside of the door before spinning around to face Willow. “I have the biggest news like, ever!”

Willow felt her curiosity flare when she saw the excitement written all over Buffy's face. “Well! Spill!” Willow giggled, setting her bag of clothes on the floor.

Buffy giggled and grabbed Willow's wrist, pulling her over to her bed so she could tell her best friend the huge news. Once they were settled in, Buffy went on with the story.

“Well it all started when I skipped that class today. I was all sad and crying at the Espresso Pump and just guess who decided to talk to me...” Before Willow could even open her mouth to voice a guess, Buffy continued. “Spike! Yes, I mean Spike from Adrenaline Rush!”

“Holy shit!” Willow squeaked then quickly covered her mouth with her hand, blushing because of the word that had escaped her lips.

“Willow! Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?” Buffy laughed.

After explaining everything there was to know about the meet-up, right down to the tiniest bit of information, Buffy took a deep breath, waiting for her friend's reaction. “So, what do you think?”

“Well...” Willow started, searching for the right words that wouldn't upset Buffy. Knowing there was no 'soft' way to say it, she just said what was on her mind. “I know that yeah, meeting Spike is incredibly huge. But... I don't know if it's the best thing to do. To date him, I mean. What if he is just a typical rockstar, you know? What if he just wants to get into your pants then leave you high and dry? Unless... that's what you want?”

Buffy stared at her friend, her eyes wide and unblinking. “You think he'd actually... use me like that?” Buffy asked, feeling a little bit of suspicion sink into her stomach. It was very weird that all of a sudden an extremely good-looking celebrity, who could probably have anyone he wanted, was interested in her. She didn't want to doubt him, but she couldn't help it. Especially considering her past with guys. But then again, it was Spike. The 'man of her dreams'. It would be amazing if she could have sex with him. However, she didn't want her first time to be a fuck n' chuck. She wanted to have a lasting relationship with the man who would take her virginity. No one night stands for Buffy. Even if he is her favorite rockstar. "I don't want that at all. Unless we were in a relationship, not just a fling. Do you think he might really want to be in a relationship with me?"

“I don't know, Buffy. But I'd be cautious about it. Just, look out for yourself, you know?" Willow answered, shrugging her shoulders.

“I will. Thanks, Willow.” Even though Willow had a point, Buffy wasn't going to let it take away from her excitedness. She could enjoy her time with Spike as long she was cautious. For now, she would try to just relax and enjoy hanging out with him while she could. She could have fun while being on the lookout for any signs that Spike would point out that he was only after one thing. Sporting a huge grin on her face, Buffy held up a shirt she'd pulled out of her closet. “What do you think? Should I wear this tomorrow?”

Willow just shook her head and laughed. Although she was nervous for Buffy, she couldn't deny that she was totally excited (and a little jealous) of her best friend.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


After a night of planning, primping and talking, Buffy and Willow woke up and got ready for school. Buffy was feeling extremely nervous about her 'maybe-a-date' with Spike, but she was planning to make the most of it. She knew that Spike wouldn't be in Sunnydale for much longer, so she wanted to make the most out of hanging out with him.

She and Willow had picked out a white sundress with cherries on it and some red flip flops. She left her hair wavy and put a black crocodile hair clip at the back of her head, holding some hair away from her face. She put on some eyeliner, mascara, a light smoky eye shading and some raspberry lip gloss. Deeming herself ready, she turned towards Willow, holding her arms open so the redhead could get a better look. “So, what do you think?”

“Ohhh, Buffy!” Willow gushed, pulling her friend into a hug. “You look beautiful! Definitely 'date with rockstar' ready.”

Buffy beamed, then slipped the lip gloss into her purse. “Okay, I think I'm ready. Are you ready? I think we're ready. I'm so nervous!”

Willow giggled then linked her arm with Buffy's. “That's totally understandable. But let's go already!”

Buffy nodded her head once, then left for school.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


After a particularly boring math class, Buffy made her way to the Espresso Pump. She was shaking with excitement and nervousness. She had no clue how this would end up. Would she live happily ever after, the girlfriend of Spike? Or would things get all screwy and not work out? Hoping for the former, she opened the door to the cafe and searched for the guy wearing a black hat and sunglasses.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Spike put on his sunglasses and Xander's black hat, having successfully swiped it again. He was nervous about two things. One being his date with Buffy. He had thought about what Xander had said last night, about Buffy being one of those girls who were out for fame. He was an A-list celebrity. If Buffy was out for fame, she definitely chose the right guy. He hoped she wasn't like that though. His gut feeling told him she wasn't, so he would continue trusting her until she showed him a sign that she was untrustworthy.

The second reason he was nervous was because of the disguise. He hoped it would work like it had before. Blending him in with the crowd so he could have this semblance of normalcy. With Buffy.

The thought of Buffy brought a big smile to his face. He hadn't met anyone that sparked this much emotion in him in so long, and he wanted to sing with happiness. He had been so terribly lonely for a while now, he needed someone in his life again. He craved that touch, that intimacy only a woman could give him. It was about time he found someone that could hold his interest. Someone special he could risk giving his heart to again. Because life just wasn't worthwhile without the potential of love.

With a smile on his face and a bounce in his step (a manly bounce), he left his room to go see Buffy.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


“Hello, cutie,” Buffy heard from behind her, a grin instantly blooming on her face when he slid into the booth in front of her. “William was right. You look great, luv.”

Buffy giggled at his compliment. “Hey, Spi... you! Thanks for the compliment...” Buffy rolled her eyes, immediately feeling guilty and scared that she'd almost let their secret slip. 'Jeez, Buff, get a grip! Don't you dare ruin this for yourself!'

“Sorry,” she whispered, lowering her eyes to the table.

“No, no. Don't do that,” he said, reaching across the table and placing a finger under her chin to lift her face up. “It was an accident, and you didn't say it, really. It's fine.”

Buffy smiled shyly, wringing her hands in her lap. “I'm just so nervous and it's all so new and you're... I mean... you're you and... I'm just gonna shut up now.”

Spike chuckled as a slight blush stained her cheeks. “If you're afraid of lettin' the secret out, do you want to go somewhere less... busy with people? The park, maybe?”

Buffy stiffened a bit. He wanted to take her somewhere less public. On one hand, she understood. He was probably more afraid of what would happen if she let his secret slip, so being somewhere where they could talk freely would be better. But then again, what if Willow was right? He could be luring her to a more private place so he could get what he wanted from her... She didn't want to think badly about him, but she wasn't exactly ready to just give herself to him either.

Maybe he was being genuine. Maybe he really was just taking precautions so they could speak more freely. Trusting her instincts and pushing Willow's words out of her mind, she nodded her head. “Yeah. That sounds like a great idea.”

“You'll have to lead the way though, luv. I don't exactly know my way around. It's your town."

“I know exactly where to go.” She smiled as they walked towards the door.

TBC


Chapter End Notes:
Reviews?