Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it took me so long to write another chapter of this, but I have this one to post and another that I'm currently writing while the juices are flowing lol. I hope you enjoy! Thank you to xaphania for beta'ing so quickly for me! You rock!
Spike walked Buffy back to her school, hand in hand and sharing chaste kisses along the way. They didn't need to talk, it was just... comfortable between them. Like they had known each other for years, and yet it was still so new.

When they reached the front of the school, ten minutes before the bell rang, Buffy turned towards him, a big smile on her face. “Call me tonight?” she asked, hopefully.

“‘Course. Now, you should get back to school, yeah? Don't want your teachers wondering where their prettiest student went off to.”

She giggled and looked down at her shoes, kicking at a pebble. “I don't know about prettiest...”

“Now, now, love. Don't downplay your beauty. You're radiant, and I'm a lucky bloke.”

She looked up at him, wishing that he didn't have to wear his sunglasses. She wanted to see his eyes and the way they twinkled when the sun hit them just right.* “Okay, I should get going now,” she whispered, her smile fading. She didn't want to leave yet.

“I know, love. Have a good rest-of-the-day. I'll talk to you later.”

She nodded her head and went to turn away, but he caught her hand and brought her back to him, pulling her flush against his body and capturing her lips in a passionate kiss. The way he'd wanted to kiss her since he first saw her earlier. The small pecks they had been sharing just wasn't weren’t enough for him. He wanted more, he wanted it all.

Running his tongue across her bottom lip, he elicited a gasp from her. He plunged his tongue in, probing, bribing hers to dance with his. She kissed him back willingly, pushing her body against him further. She could feel the evidence of his arousal pressed against her stomach and it made her panties grow damp, which shocked her. She hadn't felt anything like it with anyone, not even her last boyfriend. It was so new and thrilling, but she knew she wasn't ready for more—no matter how badly she wanted to throw him down on the sidewalk and do naughty things to him. She gasped at that thought and ended the kiss, pulling away from him slightly. “Spike, I'm uh... Can we take it a bit slower, please?”

“Was that too fast? I'm… I’m sorry. You're just so...” he shook his head and took a step back, not wanting to frighten the girl. “Sorry. I'll call you later, yeah? Bye, Buffy.”

Nodding, she leaned in and placed a kiss on his cheek. “Bye, William.” She smiled, then bounced off to find Willow.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


After going to her locker and collecting her books, she walked into her biology class and sat beside Willow. When her friend looked at her knowingly, Buffy started to blush and ducked her head.

“Come on, spill!” Willow whispered, leaning towards Buffy conspiratorially.

Buffy broke out in a huge smile and opened her mouth to tell her everything, but before she could get a word out, the teacher came in and started the lesson. Buffy frowned and scowled at the teacher, then held her index finger up, mouthing 'hold on'. Opening her binder, she ripped out a piece of paper, scribbling out a quick note before passing it to Willow.

Spike kissed me! I, Buffy Summers, shared a kiss with Spike!

Willow's eyes widened and she looked at Buffy with an approving—but slightly shocked— smile.

Well, how was it? Good, bad? You totally had lusty wrong feelings, didn't you!

When Buffy got the note back and read it, she could barely conceale her giggles.

You wouldn't even believe it if I told you. It was amazing, to say the least!

Willow opened the note and just barely got the chance to finish reading what Buffy had written before Mrs. Barton cleared her throat. “Something you ladies would like to share?”

Willow looked around the room, then poked a finger to her chest. “Me?”

Mrs. Barton rolled her eyes. “Yes, you, Ms. Rosenberg. Would you like to stand up and read that oh-so-important note to the class?”

Buffy snapped her head towards the redhead, silently pleading with her not to do it.

“Uh, no... It's n-not that important. I'll just put it away now.” Willow replied, folding up the note and putting it in her pocket.

“No, no. I insist! You two were giggling while I was trying to teach. So, enlighten me. Tell me what is just so funny that it couldn't wait until the end of class.”

Dread crossed Willow's face as Mrs. Barton took a step to the side, motioning for Willow to come up and read the note to the class. Up at the front.

Willow gulped. 'Oh, God! Think quick! Cover story...'

She pushed out of her chair, the steel legs screeching against the linoleum floor as she got up. Her hands were shaky, and kinda sweaty, so she wiped them on her pant legs. When she got up to the front of the class, she glanced at Buffy, who was slouching in her seat trying to hide from the prying eyes of the rest of the class.

“Uh… it says...” Willow scanned the words, then looked up at the teacher imploringly. “Do I really have to read it to the whole class? I mean, it's kinda personal and I don't think that it's very fair of you to make me read it out loud. And yeah, I get that we weren't being very fair to you, writing this note instead of paying attention to your thrilling lesson on DNA replication, but couldn't you just... point and scold? I promise never to pass notes again, just please don't—”

Mrs. Barton took pity on the babbling girl, shaking her head as she gently pushed Willow back to her seat. “Go, sit. I don't want you girls wasting your—not to mention everyone else's—time with such mundane things. Whatever you had to say could have waited until the end of class. If I catch you again, I'll be forced to give you both detention.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


“That was so close!” Buffy said, as they walked out of the class. “Thanks for not reading it. I think I would have died. And his name is on it, so everyone would have thought I was a crazy stalker girl.”

“You're welcome. I know you want to keep it a secret, so maybe we should... you know, not pass notes during class if it has something to do with him?” Willow frowned, knowing that if Buffy were to skip class to hang out with him again, she would want to know what happened right away. “Or, oh! Code name! If you want to write his name, say... Ekipes.”

“Ekipes?” Buffy giggled. “Or I could just call him William. That's what I call him when we’re in public, anyway.”

“Not as fun to write as Ekipes, but yeah, that'd work.” Willow shrugged then stopped at her next class. “Talk to you later?”

“Yup. Bye, Wills!” Buffy chirped as she walked away.

Willow could see how happy Buffy was. Any doubts that her best friend had been lying about hanging out with Spike were totally banished, not that they had ever been strong doubts; Buffy wouldn't lie about something like that. But seeing how happy she was, and how not-fake said happiness seemed, Willow knew it was all true. She just hoped Buffy didn't get hurt in the long run.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Spike flopped down on his bed with a sigh. His cheeks hurt from smiling so much and his lips tingled from the kiss they'd shared in front of the school. He knew that Buffy wanted to take it slower, but he was definitely planning on getting another kiss like that from her very soon. She looked so innocent though, when she told him it was too fast for her. He couldn't help but think about how far she might have been with previous boyfriends.

'Yes, Spike. Think about her past partners and fill yourself with jealousy. That's always fun!

He leaned back and rested his head on his pillows. She had looked more than a little innocent, she looked like she was scared, nervous and intimidated. Like...

Like a bloody virgin!

And there he went with the smiling again.

He couldn't help the smile that bloomed across his features. To know that he could possibly be the first man to explore her body was like a gift. She was so precious, so amazing that he felt almost unworthy. Here was this wonderful woman who—for all intents and purposes—thought he was an equally wonderful man, when really, he wasn't. He was just as lost as the next person, trying to find his way in the world. Sure, he was a popular musician who could have anyone he wanted, but the one person he did want was unattainable. She was eighteen, for Christ's sake! Still in high school, and he was hoping he could sweep her off her feet and have a 'happily ever after'.

How would her parents feel about that? A twenty-two year old celebrity wanting to steal their eighteen-year-old daughter away from them. She was still in high school and his schedule didn't fit with hers. He would only be in Sunnydale for another week and a half, if his manager didn't decide it was time to move to the next city earlier, and school wasn't over for another month. She needed to get her diploma, that was a huge part of every teenager's life, and he didn't want to take that away from her.

Only, he did. Desperately. If it meant she could be with him, he would personally buy the damn building, then tear it down.

He was royally fucked.

Just as Spike was reaching for the phone to call Buffy, knowing she would just be getting home, someone knocked on his door.

“Yeah?” he called out, dropping his hand to the bed. The call to Buffy would have to wait.

“It's time for the prize draw,” Oz, the band's bassist, said as he poked his head inside the room. “Let's go.”

“Be there in a mo'” Spike said, dragging himself from the bed.

He passed a mirror and looked at himself. It seemed the happiness that he had been filled with not ten minutes before had disappeared, and he desperately wanted it back. He had to do something about this situation with Buffy. He didn't care if they were from different worlds. What he felt for her wasn't love, but it could be in time and he didn't want to lose that feeling again. He wanted to keep her in his life for as long as he could, and if that meant a long-distance relationship while he toured, then so be it. He could make his home in Sunnydale and come back when he wasn't with the band, spend all his alone time with Buffy and just...

He had to think more before he came to any conclusions. He had to talk to Buffy.

Opening the adjoining door to Xander's room, he headed to the meeting to draw the winner's name.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Buffy felt like she was walking on cloud nine. No, she was floating on cloud nine. There was absolutely nothing that could burst her...

“Buffy!!” Her mother.

"Oh, joy." Buffy sighed, her whole body going from relaxed to tense in one second flat. What did her mother have to say to tear her down a notch or two? She went down the stairs and accepted the phone from her mother's hands. Buffy held a hand over the phone, looking at her mother questioningly. “Who is it?”

“I don't know. Ask them.” Joyce muttered, then walked away.

“Hello?”

“Hi, Buffy.”

“Sp-William?” She asked, turning her back to the kitchen where her mother had disappeared to. “What's up?”

“It seems you've won the draw, love,” he said with a chuckle. “I guess that means you and I get to spend an hour together.”

TBC


Chapter End Notes:
Reviews? I love me some reviews!