Chapter 14

"The plan is to drive him insane?" Willow asked. She eyed the other group. William was so much like Spike that she had to mentally rub her eyes at the sight. She realized what a handsome man Giles was as a young man. Dee reminded her quite a bit of Buffy. Willow wondered how much like Anya Jenkins Anyanka was going to prove to be.

"Yes, that's the plan." William nodded with a smirk. "You and dogboy here pretend whatever he says is somethin' else. Ripper will completely ignore him. Dee and I will act like he's familiar, but we won't totally recognize him."

"I'll slip him the drug that Ripper made up," Anyanka said with a giggle. "I'm going to go get Ripper and I our jobs now." She blinked out of sight.

"I sure hope this works," Willow muttered.

"It will," William assured the girl. "Today's just a warm up. Tomorrow we'll bring out the big guns." He winked at Dee. "We'll be pulling a First trick on the poofter."

Willow and Oz looked confused while Dee giggled.

"I see dead people," the Key said in a creepy voice.

"You guys are really odd," Willow replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angel looked around the casino floor yet again. He knew Spike was around somewhere. He could feel the other vampire on the edge of his senses, but what confused him was the older vamp he could feel with Spike. Angel knew it wasn't Drusilla, but it felt like family. That confused him.

"Show yourself," Angel growled under his non-existent breath when he failed to see Spike.

"Your drink, Mr O'Connor." A waitress appeared at Angel's elbow.

Angel grinned as he took the drink from the young woman's tray. Whoever his look-a-like was, he deserved a few extra expenses for all the hassles that Angel was sure he would have to endure. Angel knocked back the drink in one gulp.

Within seconds Angel started to feel weird; like his skin was on fire and his eyes were melting in their sockets. However the feeling quickly passed, and he felt a pleasant buzz run through his body.

"I want another one of those," the dark-haired vamp told the waitress.

"Of course, Mr. O'Connor." The waitress nodded before she went back to the bar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Did it work?" Dee sat at the bar sipping a coke.

Anyanka nodded with a smirk. "Hook, line, and sinker." She tilted her head to the side with a curious look on her face. "What does that mean anyway?"

"Fishing reference." Dawn shrugged, but she didn't offer any more towards an explanation.

"He wants another Vamp High, Ripper," Anyanka said to the man acting as the bartender.

"Who knew Ethan's little book on supernatural psychotropic drugs would come in so handy," Ripper laughed. The greyer side of life really was a lot more fun at the moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a few more of the drinks -- at Mr. O'Connor's expense, of course -- Angel was feeling quite superb. What he hadn't realized was that the alcohol covered the taste of the drug that not only loosened his tongue, but it would make him more susceptible to suggestions. This particular drug would stay in his system long after the alcohol burned away.

"Angel, here's your key." Willow and Oz approached the vampire. They were both ready to execute their part of the plan as proposed by William.

"Give it here," Angel sneered. "Now fuck off and die. I mean really die."

"Are you okay?" Willow asked in a worried voice. "You know you can't go swimming in the sun." Her eyes darted around to check on any eavesdroppers. "Your allergies, you know."

"Huh?" Angel grunted in an inelegant manner. "I said, fuck off and die, bitch."

"Well, okay, if you want to go swimming in the sun, don't expect me to bring you back." Willow grabbed Oz's hand. "Let's go, baby."

Oz nodded with a small, tight smile. He had fought his inner beast quite hard when Angel had called his girl a bitch, but the werewolf knew they had to stick to the plan.

Angel mentally scratched his head. What on Earth was that? He decided that Willow was mental, and Oz right along with her.

Out of the corner of his eye, Angel noticed that the girl in the pictures with Spike was sitting at the bar. He smirked as he rose to his feet. It wouldn't be hard to lure her away. After all, everyone who knew Spike knew what a disappointment the bleached blond was as a vampire. Angel approached the girl.

"Hey, sweet thing," Angel said with a leer. "How about I take you to my room and show you what a real man can do?"

The girl turned around to look at him with cool blue eyes that strangely reminded Angel of Spike. She wrinkled her nose is distaste. "You look just like this guy my sister used to date. He broke her heart."

Angel giggled under his breath. "Oh, sweet thing, I won't break your heart. I'll eat it still beating in your chest."

"Now you even sound like Liam," the girl sniffed in with even more disgust.

"Liam?" Angel spluttered. His human name falling from the girl's pouty little lips startled Angel in ways he couldn't even understand.

"Another drink, miss?" Ripper asked as he approached Dee. He pretended not to see Angel.

"I'd like another drink too," Angel replied.

"I'd love one of those umbrella drinks," Dee said with a grin. "A virgin one, of course."

Ripper nodded at Dee. He made her a sweet non-alcoholic drink. He set it in front of her with a flourish.

"What about my drink?" Angel snarled with anger when the bartender continued to talk to the girl and ignored his presence.

"If you need anything else, let me know." Ripper winked at Dee. He still ignored Angel, and it took everything he had not to smirk at how worked up the vampire was getting over being ignored.

"Oh, I will." Dee said as she returned Ripper's wink with a flirty one of her own. "My date will be here soon. He likes the wings and one of those bloomin' onion things. Can we eat in the lounge?"

Ripper nodded. "I'll send the order to the kitchen."

"Where did you meet Spike?" Angel demanded. If the girl wouldn't come back to his room, he'd just have to question her here in public.

Willow and Oz walked past, and Willow commented loud enough for Angel to hear, "Looks like Angel changed his mind about swimming, Oz. I don't know what he was thinking."

Angel ignored the redheads, and he again demanded, "About Spike, missy. What are you doing hanging out with that good for nothing?"

"The only guy I've been hanging out with has been William." Dawn took a sip of her drink. "I met him when I was kidnapped by this idiot and his insane ho. He rescued me, if you must know."

"I find that hard to believe," Angel scoffed. Spike was a bloodthirsty demon that would never change for anything or anyone.

"It's true." Dawn grinned at Angel with much cheek. She noticed that Ripper didn't venture too far off, just in case Angel got all touchy. "Of course, it was so my sister wouldn't beat the crap out of him."

"Oi, Nib, the show's startin' in a mo'." William appeared at Dee's elbow.

"Look, William, doesn't this guy look just like Liam." Dawn pointed at Angel. "He even has the massive forehead."

William looked Angel over with a careless shrug. "You're right. He does bear a resemblance to the broodin' poofter."

"Spike," Angel growled. "It'll be a pleasure to rid the world of your presence."

"Name's William," the bleached blond vampire said with a smirk. Oh, how he loved to play with Angel's mind, even one from a different dimension. "Who's this Spike you're talkin' about? Sounds like a bloke after m'own heart."

"Cut the crap, Spike," Angel muttered. He swayed a little as the alcohol and drugs traveled through his body. "You were in Sunnydale just last year with Drusilla."

"Must have me mistaken for someone else, mate. I haven't seen my ripe wicked plum in years." William turned to Dee, and he held out his arm. "Let's go see the show, Nib."

"Hold on there." Angel grabbed William's arm. "You're evil and soulless. It's my duty to rid the world of you."

"You touch my friend, and you'll wish you were...." Dee's snarl was interrupted by a popping noise.

"Oh, a wish. I live for wishes."

The waitress appeared at Angel's elbow. Her face was aglow with eager anticipation as it rippled to her hideous demonic visage.

Angel let out a startled grunt. "What the fuck are you?" he uttered grumpily. "Because you are the butt ugliest woman I've ever seen."

"You're not so handsome yourself, asshole." Anyanka wiggled her fingers at the tall dark-haired vampire. She spelled Angel to now see his reflection. Only he would see the evil that lurked beneath the surface instead of his normal features.

"Have a good time." Anyanka smirked before she blinked out of sight.

"Let's go, William." Dee grabbed the bleached blond vampire's arm, and she dragged him away.

Angel blinked in surprise when he caught sight of what could only be himself in the mirror behind the bar. Did that bitch make me human? Then, he realized that his features were melting and reshaping into some kind of hideous creature. He reached up to touch his cheek, but it was as smooth as ever.

"What the hell is happening?" Angel muttered. "I've fallen into an insane world, haven't I?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anne and Spike escorted the vamped Buffy into the house that Anne currently lived in. Anne took the Slayer vampire upstairs to bathe while Spike reported in to Giles.

"We have her," Spike said in the way of a greeting when the Watcher answered his phone. "I don't think she's ready for a meet and greet with the masses yet."

"Does she have her soul, as Anne thought she might?" Giles asked in a tentative voice.

"Yeah, it's there." Spike's eyes drifted upward. He was deliciously intrigued by the young vampire. She had power he couldn't even begin to imagine. "She's remarkably sound of mind considering what we saw from Angelus' tapes. He recorded all of his tortures on her."

Giles let out a growl of anger. "Oh how I wish he could feel it all. He should suffer through every little thing he did to her."

Anyanka popped into Giles' apartment with her face still in its demonic visage. "That is so evil, Rupert. I like it. Wish granted."