Chapter 19

LIAM’S DIMENSION

Buffy plucked nervously at the buttons on her jacket. She’d never been intimate with anyone beyond a few smoochies. Now she needed to mate to save the world. Dying sounded so much easier and potentially less embarrassing.

“Come on, Slayer. Don’t wimp out on me now.”

Buffy whirled around to confront the vampire only to find that Spike had already removed all of his clothes except his skin tight black jeans. Her eyes were glued on the firm, toned, and pale muscles of his chest.

“Like what you see?” Spike gave the young woman a smirking leer.

“Guh.” Buffy couldn’t get any words past her suddenly dry lips.

Spike stalked over to Buffy, moving like the predator he was. He slid his hands up the lapels of her jacket and then inside to slip it off her shoulders. As the coat dropped, the vampire buried his face in the Slayer’s exposed neck.

Buffy groaned with arousal when cool lips ghosted along her skin. She gripped Spike’s elbows to keep herself upright when her knees turned to jelly and threatened to buckle.

“Never thought about fuckin’ a Slayer till I met you, Buffy,” Spike whispered in a husky voice. “Now it’s the only thing on my mind. Can’t wait to taste each and every inch of your delectable flesh.”

Buffy whimpered while she surrendered herself to Spike and the sensations he caused to her body. Dying might be easier, she decided, but this would be oh so much more pleasurable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

ALMOST WISHVERSE

AT THE BRONZE

Anne and William entered the Bronze. There were very few humans present. Just those who thought the curfew was for wimps. Vamps and demons outnumbered the living, but that didn’t bother Anne and William. They were used to uneven odds after all. Besides what were a few demons and normal vamps after an army of ubervamps?

“Any minions you recognize?” Anne whispered to William.

William raised an eyebrow. “That was years ago, luv. The only one I remember is Dalton, and the Judge burned him.”

Anne nodded. “I’ll take the vamps, you take the demons.”

Two young men stepped up to stand by Anne and William.

“Hassib sent us,” one said. “We’re Akbar and Akash.”

“We blocked the door. No one can escape,” the other continued.

Anne turned to study the two boys. She found herself looking at twins with dark hair and dark complexions. She thought they very much resembled one of Hassib’s wives. “Sounds good.” She slipped off her coat to expose her halter top. “Let’s see what the baddies think of this.”

“Show off,” William muttered in a good natured voice.

“Better believe it.” Anne allowed her pure white angel wings to burst forth.

The demons, mostly vamps, with evil in their hearts fell to their knees in the presence of the winged Slayer. The humans gazed in confusion at the prostate demons.

“That’s never happened before,” Anne whispered.

“It’s not like you bring ‘em out very often, pet.” William glanced around at the quaking demons. “Right handy though.”

Akbar and Akash moved easily among the vampires and demons, dusting and killing as they went. In a few minutes the only creatures left alive were the non-evil demons and the humans.

“Wonder if yours do anything special.” Anne looked at William in speculation.

“There’s one way to find out!” William removed his duster, and he pulled off his t-shirt. Then, he extended his own wings. At the sight of the jet black wings, several of the humans fell to their knees screaming in pain. When they finally stopped writhing in pain, there was something fundamentally different on each of their faces’.

“That’s something you don’t see everyday.” A familiar voice to both Anne and William spoke from the shadows.

“Faith.” Anne turned to look at the newcomer. Her eyes shifted to the tall, lanky man behind the other Slayer. “Hey, Wesley.”

“You two aren’t the typical Slayer and vamp,” Faith observed.

“Not hardly.” Anne shrugged. “Of course, we’re not from around here.”

“Yeah, I get that.” Faith looked around at the remaining humans and demons. “So, what do we do with the rest of these jokers?”

“Tell them to go home and be quiet,” William growled. “The less old bat-face knows the better.”


“You’re going to take out the Master?” One of the demons shuffled forward.

“That’s the plan.”

The demon nodded. He turned to the other demons and the humans. “You heard him. Go home. Don’t talk to anyone about this.”

The other agreed, and Akbar allowed them to leave. The twins started the clean up process. Anne and William both retracted their wings. Then, they put on their jackets.

“Maybe we should hit Willy’s,” Anne suggested. “See how Spike and Buffy are doing.”

Faith looked confused. She glanced at Wesley who shrugged his ignorance. “Thought you all were Spike and Buffy.”

“Oh we are,” Anne said with a dismissive waved of her hand. “Like I said, we’re not from around here.”

“Where are you from then?”

“A different dimension, of course.”


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Spike and Buffy strolled into Willy’s with every sense on alert. They were completely unsure of what to expect in the bar. Spike’s rep was sure to precede him. However not one of the warriors planning on the Master’s demised knew if any of the vampires would recognize and remember Buffy. They were hoping not.

“You can’t come in here,” a tall minion with a mullet growled when he saw the newcomers.

Lenny looked up from his drink. His eyes widened when he recognized the bleached blond vampire. “I suggest you sit down and shut up, Gerald,” Lenny hissed.

Gerald turned on Lenny. “This is the Master’s territory. Newcomers aren’t allowed.”

“I’ll be sure to tell Grandpappy how protective you are of his territory,” Spike drawled at Gerald. He turned his attention to the other vampire. “Hello, Lenny.”

Lenny sighed. Spike was easily maddened at the best of times. Having his authority questioned was sure to send the master vamp into a killing frenzy. “Hello, Master Spike. Welcome back to Sunnydale.”

“S-spike?” Gerald stuttered in terror. If he was living the blood would have drained from his face. He’d heard tales from other minions about Spike.

“That’s the name don’t wear it out.” Spike gave a contemptuous wave of his hand. “Sit down, pissant.”

Gerald fell back into his chair after he recognized the blond vampire’s name. Spike was one scary, vicious monster. He glanced at the fledgling female that accompanied the older vamp. Rage filled Gerald’s breast as he realized that she continued to snicker at him from behind her hand. He growled at her in the hopes of intimidating her.

Buffy didn’t care for the minion’s attitude. She let out her own intimidating growl.

Spike tilted his head to the side. “Go talk to the barkeep, pet. I’ll take care of the minions.”

Buffy flashed her demon eyes at Gerald before she complied with Spike’s command. She knew this was her cue to talk to Willy. He’d agreed to point out those vampires working for the Master. She sauntered away.

Spike leaded over Gerald who watched Buffy leave with hatred in his eyes. “She outclassed you when she was alive, mate. Being dead hasn’t changed a thing. Best be careful around m’girl. She dusts little pillocks like you.”

“Willy.” Buffy gave the bartender a nod. She glanced around the room taking in the identities of the occupants. Then, she tossed a wad of cash on the bar. “A round of drinks to Grandpappy’s best workers.”

Willy nodded, and he immediately started to fill shot glasses. He waved over the two waitresses specifically recruited for the evening to deliver the drinks. The two ladies passed out the drinks in a quick and efficient manner. Both Willy and Buffy looked up when the front door opened.

Akbar and Akash stepped into the demon bar together. The twins surveyed the room.

“Their kind is definitely not welcome here,” Gerald snarled.

Spike glanced over his shoulder. “Thought you blokes were helpin’ at the Bronze?”

“Been there.”

“Done that.”

“We’re all finished,” Akbar and Akash said together.

“Good, good. Time to start here.” Spike watched the waitresses hand out the drinks. His group now knew all of the Master’s minions and allies in the room. As the two women finished their journey around the room, Spike studied the minions.

Buffy sauntered over to Spike. She leaned into him, and she ran a finger up and down his lapel. “I’m ready, baby,” she cooed.

The waitresses joined Willy behind the bar.

“Of course, you are, pet.” Spike smirked. “A Slayer’s always ready.”

“Slayer?!” Lenny bellowed. It had been quite some time since a Slayer had been in Sunnydale.

“You called?” Another blond woman that looked exactly like Buffy stepped into the room behind Akbar and Akash. The twins stepped apart to let the newcomer enter.

“Maybe it’s me he called,” a dark-haired woman entered the bar next.

“Three Slayers, no waiting,” Anne chirped.

The vampires realized they were in big trouble. Several of them inched towards the back room, only to find themselves confronted by crossbows held by Willy and his waitresses.

Neither Spike nor Buffy knew who this new Slayer was, but Anne didn’t seem to be concerned. They both mentally shrugged. The more, the merrier.

“Well, well, Lenny the pissant.” Another Spike, one with longer hair and less bleach, joined the group. “It’ll be my pleasure to dust you.”

Anne smirked. “Again.”

Lenny goggled at the group. “It’s time to get out of here!” He jumped to his feet.

“Thanks for volunteering to die first.”

A dozen thumps echoed through the room. As the dust settled, the only vamps left in the room were Buffy and the two Spikes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Giles and Ripper strolled into the Rusty Beaver. Anyone that saw them together thought they were brothers out for a night on the town.

Hassib and Richard Jones were seated at a table when the Watchers arrived. Hassib shook his head when he saw Giles and Ripper.

“No minions here,” Hassib said in a quiet voice. “Zoof said they caused a ruckus last night, and he banned them from the club.” He waved the club owner over.

Bernd sat down, and he studied the others. “Those of us here are willing to fight the Master,” he finally said.

“Why?” Ripper sounded genuinely curious.

“The Master has a plan to kill all the humans. We can’t let that happen.” Zoof shifted in his seat. He was human himself, but most of his associates were demons.

Giles gestured towards some demons lurking in the shadows. “Even the Polgaras and Fyrals?”

“Polgaras have racial memory.” Zoof cleared his throat. “They remember what it was like before God created humans. Even they don’t want that chaos to return. I don’t know what Nest is thinking. Vampires will die out without humans to feed from.”

Giles looked around at the nodding demons with an unsure look on his face.

Hassib leaned forward. “I can vouch for them.”

Giles nodded. He was still suspicious, but the thought of defeating the tyrant that had held Sunnydale in a grip terror for the past two years was too good of an opportunity to pass up. He laid out the plan to rid the dimension of the Master.