Chapter 21







Willyria gazed at the Sunnydale High School. She knew her Spike and Buffy had passed through the dimension recently, and she still had time to catch up with them if she hurried. She was about to open a portal for herself when a blue vortex opened above the school.







Willyria watched with curiosity as several dark creatures slipped out of the vortex. They reminded her of Dementors from the Harry Potter movies. They floated on the air with long, black, tattered robes covering their skeletal bodies. Willyria felt the God King shudder beneath her skin.







Here is one of those we search for, brothers, a cold dark voice skittered across Willyria’s mind, and she knew they meant her.







Willyria quickly opened her own portal. Inside her mind the God King screamed in absolute terror. What the frillin’ heck is your problem? she asked Illyria.







You will remove us from here immediately, Illyria demanded. The Shades will suck the marrow from our very bones.







Willyria stepped through the portal to the next dimension. Under her breath, she muttered, “We can just zap them out of existence. We’re the most powerful being ever.”







That is where you’re wrong, mortal, Illyria replied. The God of your forefathers is the most powerful being ever. He, and only He, oversees all time, all matter, and all dimensions.







“There must be something that can take them out,” Willyria said softly. Her anger diminished a little in the light of the new information.







Yes, only the Immortal Guardians.







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*







“Is everybody ready?” William asked with great impatience. When the rest of his group nodded, he let out a great sigh of relief. “Well, it’s about bloody time. Let’s get this show on the road.”







“Sounds good to me.” Ripper came to stand by the vampire. He was tired of the long good bye speeches himself. When another round of hugs and kisses seemed to be going around, he whispered out of the side of his mouth to William. “You just wanna leap through the hole and see if they can find us on the other side?”







William gave Ripper a sly look. He might have a soul, but that didn’t mean he wasn’t ready to take a few risks now and then to relieve his boredom. “Ladies first.”







“Who you callin’ a lady?” Ripper grumbled. He grabbed Spike’s coat sleeve when he moved past the other man. Together they fell into the portal. They soon landed with a jolt on the other side where they found themselves inside the Initiative.







Ripper’s eyes widened when a Fyral demon rushed past them only to disappear into a swirling vortex. “I think I’m home,” he said softly. “We need to find Spike.”







“Right then,” William muttered. He sniffed the air trying to catch the scent of his counterpart. He’d hoped never to be inside the labs again, but if wishes were horses, beggars would ride. William homed in on the smell he was looking for quite easily in the sterile environment. “Hope to hell the soldier boys don’t catch us.”







Ripper grabbed a white lab coat from a nearby chair, and he put it on. “Let’s hope this works.” He grabbed William’s arm, and they marched down the hall trying to look like they belonged.







Ripper and William came to a stop in front of the cage that held Spike. Ripper kept an eye out while William fiddled with the locking mechanism.







“What happened to you, Rupes?” Spike asked. Then, he looked fully into the face of the Watcher’s companion. “Who the bloody hell is he?”







“I disappeared through a vortex and ran into a witch-bitch in Vegas,” Ripper replied. “This here is William. He’s your counterpart from another dimension.”







“Hey, you, what are you doing?” A soldier yelled out from the end of the hall. “You can’t be around here.”







William looked up from what he was doing. “Well, well, well, if it isn’t Captain Cardboard himself. Getting’ any suck jobs lately?”







“How did you get out of your cage, Hostile 17?” Finn growled.







“Now there’s a name I haven’t heard in years.” William finally got too frustrated, and he punched the key pad with a fist. The instrument panel popped and fizzled letting the cage door slide open.







Spike stepped out into the hallway. “Well, what do you know, you’re right. He does look like cardboard.”







“Two of you? How is that possible?”







William smirked. “We’re twins, you git. I‘m Randy and he’s Will.”







Spike let out a bark of laughter. “Desperate for a shag, are you, mate?”







“That’s for me to know and you to find out,” William said with a wink. “Our girl will keep you on your toes.”







Anyanka popped into the hallway. “Here you are. When you disappeared the Slayer got all hot under the collar.”







Spike goggled at the newcomer. “The Slayer? You’re shaggin’ the Slayer?”







“The one and only.”







“What about him?” Spike waved a negligent hand at Riley.







“Off in Belize getting orgasms from his wife, I’m sure,” Anyanka said. “Probably getting all horny from torturing all the demons.”







“I would never,” Riley protested. Demons were evil and abominations, but he would never torture one.







“Then what’s the plastic stake for then, soldier boy?”







Anyanka’s eyes grew large. “He staked you with a plastic stake. That is so evil!” She glared at Riley.







Finn felt fear for the first time in a very long time. He had no idea why this petite woman made him scared, but he took a step backwards anyway. He hoped that someone in security noticed his predicament on the monitors before it was too late.







“You really should be careful. Brassin’ off the patron saint of scorned women isn’t incredibly brilliant.” William laughed. “She’s had over 1100 years of emasculating men to fall back on when deciding on what to do to you.”







“Best thing to do would be to have everyone forget they captured Hostile 17 and a Fyral demon,” Ripper replied.







“That sounds good,” Anyanka replied. “Although, I really wanted to do some vengeance on Riley for how he treated Spike.” She waved her hand in the air to make the suggestion reality.







Ripper, William, and Spike found themselves in Restfield cemetery. After a few seconds, Anyanka appeared beside them.







“I guess this is good bye then,” Anyanka said to Ripper. “I wish we could have gotten to know each other better.” She grabbed the lapels of his lab coat, and she pulled him in for a kiss.







Spike and William watched with suppressed laughter. After a few minutes of intense, frenzied snogging, Ripper stumbled away from Anyanka.







“Now you do that to your Anya, and Xander won’t stand a chance.” Anyanka patted her hair back into place.







“Come on, Ripper. Let’s go talk about a couple of things.” William pulled the dazed young Watcher away.







Spike sidled up to Anyanka. “So, demon girl, how about you make soldier boy’s dick shrivel every time he thinks about sex. That’ll put a damper on his pursuit of the Slayer.”







Anyanka grinned. “Oh, I like the way you think.” She wiggled her fingers. “Wish granted.”







“Okay, Anyanka, let’s blow this Popsicle stand,” William said while he approached.







Spike grabbed William’s sleeve. “Before you go, mate, you’re really shaggin’ the Slayer?”







William smirked. “I think I’m gonna let that be a surprise, mate.” With a wave of his fingers, Anyanka and he disappeared.







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*







THE NEXT DIMENSION







Spike let out a puff of air. He was hungry and bored. Being tied up in the spare Watcher’s apartment wasn’t exactly exciting. Spike let out a gasp when a portal opened in the ceiling. That can’t be good, he thought to himself. Aloud, he said, “Watchers, Slayer, somethin’s happenin’ out here.”







Buffy, Giles, and Merrick appeared in the kitchen doorway just before a body fell from the swirling vortex. The new person looked incredibly like the tied up vampire, but his hair was grown out a bit so that only the tips were bleached blond. Another body fell out of the portal on top of the other Spike. This was a blond woman.







“Bloody Hell, Slayer. Watch the knees. You almost crushed the package.”







“Sorry,” the woman said in a contrite voice. “I’ll kiss it and make it better later.”







Giles cleared his throat. “Anne, William, you’re here.”