Chapter 5

Anne and William stepped off the boat onto the Sunnydale dock. They had successfully taken the arm of the Judge out to sea, and they had dumped it overboard. William was pretty confident that Drusilla's minions wouldn't be able to find it. It was then that they noticed Xander skulking around as if he was looking for something. By silent agreement, Anne and William decided to follow the teenager when he decided he couldn't find what he was looking for. The mated pair followed Xander at a distance. Either the boy didn't know they were there or he was ignoring them.

Anne and William were both surprised when Xander entered the factory that housed Drusilla and this dimension's Spike. They snuck up to spy through the window.

Did this with Angel last time, Anne chuckled silently. She peeked through the window. Anne gasped at what she saw.

What, luv? William asked when he heard the gasp.

This is worse than seeing you with Anya, Anne answered. She made her alcohol 'ick' face.

What? William moved up so he could look in the window, too. The vampire actually blanched at the sight. Below in the main room of the factory, a disgusted Spike watched as a naked Drusilla pressed Xander's face between her legs. Bloody Hell. I thought catching her with Angelus was bad. This was revolting

Look at Spike. He's thinking the same way. Anne chewed her bottom lip. You think he'd talk to me?

Worth a try, luv. I can sneak you in the back way. William leapt down off of the boxes, and he landed quietly on the pavement. He smiled when his mate landed next to him, and he brushed her cheek with the back of his hand.

Anne and William snuck quietly into the factory. They had no idea that the vampires in the main part of the factory were partaking in an orgy and were unaware of anything going on around them.

Anne slipped up behind the wheelchair, and she caught Spike's shoulders. "When did Xander start shagging the ho, Spike?"

Spike started in his chair, but he was unable to break away from the Slayer. He idlly wondered why she hadn't staked him yet since she had the perfect opportunity. "The night you threw the organ on me, bitch. Let me tell you, that boy isn't the same one Peaches offered to me at your school, Slayer." A growling filled the room at his first words, and Spike turned his head just enough to catch a glimpse of ... himself keeping watch out the door behind him.

"Crap," the Slayer muttered. She moved away from Spike, and she paced the floor. "That means he showed up the same time Demonic Giles and we did."

Spike whirled his wheelchair around to confront the Slayer and the imposter. "The git smells like Drac and his brides," he growled. Spike was more than a little surprised by the non-shocked looks on faces the Slayer and the other vampire. He knew he couldn't fight both of them, not from the wheelchair. So, he knew he had to go along with them until he could figure something out.

"Well, guess the Whelp's not a bug eating butt monkey for someone new," William snarked.

"Why would he hook up with Dru?" Anne asked.

"Dru liked Drac," Spike and William spoke at the same time. They each eyed the other carefully. William spoke softly, "Do you think a thralled Harris would off himself?"

"I don't know." Anne pressed her hand to her forehead, and she plopped down on Spike's bed. "Where could Xander hide ... well, Xander, that no one would know about." Anne looked back and forth between the two vampires. "Your crypt! No one from now would know about it."

"True. With all the sub basements there's lots of places to hide things." William smirked at Anne, and then leapt out of her way when she flew at him. "Hey, luv, no fair beating up your mate this way."

"It's your turn to be in the chains anyway," Anne remarked. She turned her back on the vampire, and she playfully stuck her nose up in the air. Anne had completely forgotten about their audience of one.

"Mate? Chains? What the bloody hell is going on with you two?" Spike demanded. This was just way, way too weird. He sniffed the air, and he realized that the pair in front of him smelled different. Their two scents had combined into one scent that clung to both of them.

Before anything else could be said, there was a commotion in the main area of the factory. William put one finger to his lips. He quietly snuck out the door and down to see what was going on. He was back in just a few minutes.

"Angelus is here, and he's none too happy with the Whelp at the moment," William muttered, "Guess she shagged him even after we warned her."

"Are you sure? Maybe it's just a ploy," Anne said, "He pretended with Faith when she was siding with the Mayor."

"The Rogue Slayer isn't Dru, luv. Last time she knew the second he stepped into the factory." William grabbed Anne's hand, and he dragged her towards the door. He turned toward the wheelchair bound Spike. "Be careful, mate. Angelus knows about us, and our claim."

"Probably knows about the other thing, too. I kinda let it slip when Buffy was talking to me," Anne said softly.

William chuckled. "I know, pet. Vamp hearing. I also heard you say I didn't need it." William looked over Anne's shoulder at the perplexed vampire. "I went to see a demon about a girl. Told him I wanted to give her what she deserved, and he gave me my bloody soul."

"Bugger," Spike muttered. He studied the pair as they stared into each other's eyes. Spike was stunned to see the sparks that flew between his counterpart and the Slayer. He studied both of them carefully. The Slayer was still petite, sleek and powerful, but she had lost the roundness that she had as a teenager. Spike could tell this Slayer had seen her share of tragedy. The other Spike didn't appear any different than him, except around the eyes: a little more life-worn, a bit more tired, but wholly in love with the woman in his arms.

Dalton burst into the room, and he mumbled, "Angelus is coming for you, Master Spike. He plans on dusting you."

"Ponce," William growled, "I think you and Dalton here need to find some new lodgings. Better grab what you need."

Spike wheeled over to a large chest in the corner. He opened the lid, and he pulled out a small suitcase and a strongbox. Spike was surprised when the Slayer hurried over and took the suitcase from him. He kept the strongbox on his lap, and he motioned for Dalton to push him.

The four unlikely companions slipped out of the back of the factory. They kept themselves on alert as they went to the garage where Spike stored his DeSoto. As they were loading everything into the trunk, Anne smoothed one hand down one of the fenders.

"Look, so nice and smooth," Anne murmured. She turned innocent eyes on William who smirked at her.

"Mate, never ever let the Slayer drive your car," William snarked to Spike, "There are two things she can not do even under the threat of an apocalypse." He ignored Anne when she let out an indignant gasp. "One is driving, and the other is cooking."

"I can too cook." Anne stomped her foot and pouted prettily. She waved a forefinger in the air. "I can dial Dominos and the chicken place with the best of them, I'll have you know."

"That you can, luv." William held the front passenger side door open for Anne. "Where to, mate?"

"Hell if I know," Spike grimaced, "It's not like I planned on stayin' anywhere else in this soddin' town." He watched how the two maes had a silent conversation in the front seat.

Finally Anne spoke up, "You can stay with us as long as you both keep your fangs to yourselves. You have to drink pig's blood though." She giggled when she saw the two vampires in the back seat grimace. "Don't worry, Spikey. You'll get use to it if the government stuffs a microchip in your head that gives you pain when you try to kill any humans."

"Don't grimace too much there, Dalton," William snarked, "In our dimension, the Judge burned you up by this time. He said we had too much humanity."

Silence descended on the two vampires in the back as they both became lost in their own thoughts. Spike haphazardly listened to the conversation occurring in the front seat, while Dalton just wondered what he got himself into. One volatile master vampire was bad enough, but two? He hoped he wouldn't live to regret this decision.

The car pulled up to a two story house in a decent enough neighborhood. The Slayer got Spike's suitcase and strongbox out of the trunk, while William got the wheelchair situated so Spike could maneuver into the offending object. William wheeled Spike into the house, and he placed the vampire in the living room.

"Come in, Dalton," Anne said at the doorway. She walked into the foyer, and she put the things she was carrying to the side. "Dee, Giles, we have guests."

"Anne! William!" Footsteps clomped down the staircase. "Non-demonic Giles and Willow came by looking for Buffy. She's been out with Angel." The girl stopped at the entrance of the living room. "Oh, you brought Spike with you."

"We've got lots to tell, Dee. Let's wait for Giles," Anne said. She puttered around the living room, and she poured drinks for William and Spike. When she offered one to Dalton, the bookish vampire politely refused.

Spike was surprised when a Fyral demon slipped into the room from the kitchen, and it must have showed on his face. He took a deep gulp of his whiskey when Anne launched into her explanation of things.

"We're from different dimensions, Spike. William, Dee and I are from one about 6 and half years ahead of this one." She indicated the three of them, and then she pointed to Giles. "Giles here is from two years ahead, and the Xander that was at the factory is from about 2 and a half years ahead."

"How the bloody hell did all this happen?" Spike asked. His eyes slid from one person to another.

"Not sure about the others, but the Nibblet here brought us here," William informed Spike. He suddenly looked at Anne with a certain amount of terror in his eyes. "Luv, what if Red was successful in some dimension and she unmade Dee?"