Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to everyone who reviewed so far. I love you all.
All the way to Angel's place, Buffy's stomach was churning. What the hell was going on? Was Angel evil, now? Maybe he was trying to DESTROY Acathla. But then, why kill the museum staff? Maybe some other vampires stole Acathla and Angel stole him back.

She was clutching at straws and she knew it.

She might have to dust Angel. For some reason, the possibility didn't feel as bad as it should, given what she used to feel for him. She thought about staking Drusilla. She and Angel were probably together, so it was a possibility. She found she didn't want to. She realized, with shock, that she didn't want to hurt Spike and killing Drusilla would hurt Spike.

She was so in love with Spike, that she'd probably let Drusilla kill her, rather than risk hurting him.

God, what a mess.

She glanced at Kendra, striding along beside her, Mister Pointy in her hand. Everything was black and white, for her; vampires bad - stake vampires. SHE was the real slayer. Buffy was just a cosmic accident; alive when she should have died. If Kendra died tonight, a new slayer would be called; if Buffy died, nothing. Just a silly confused teenager, cold in the ground. Dead because she loved the wrong man.

God, she wanted Spike. She wanted him to fight by her side, to help her kill Angel and to kiss her again and make everything alright. She glanced at Kendra again. 'Yeah, seeing all the ways THAT could wrong.' she thought.

Against Angel, Drusilla, god knows how many minions and a hell sucking demon, two slayers were probably going down tonight.

The research Giles had done, suggested that to wake Acathla, 'the blood of the worthy' was required and he could be put back to sleep the same way but ONLY with the blood of whoever had woken him. If he was awake, they couldn't dust whoever was responsible.

At the apartment, there were a couple of minions standing guard but they didn't put up much of a fight. Buffy kicked the door open and she and Kendra strode in.

Acathla was in the middle of the room and Drusilla had her bleeding hand on the sword that protruded from him.

Kendra started fighting the bunch of minions who were standing clear of Acathla and Drusilla.

"No fair, sunshine," Drusilla said, pouting at Buffy, "you crash my party and I can't crash yours."

"Take your hand off the sword." Buffy said, raising her duplicate sword.

"You play with my toys, li'l girl; you bathe in the moonlight. Soon we'll all burn in hell."

Her blood ran down the blade and she pulled the sword smoothly out, with a flourish.

Buffy swung her sword and the two weapons clashed; Drusilla lost her grip, her hand slippery with blood and her sword spun harmlessly away.

A low moan, from behind, caught Buffy's attention and she turnd to see Kendra pass out on the floor, with the last of the minions bending over her. Buffy's sword bit deep into the vampire's neck and he sank, dustily, to the floor. Buffy turned back to Drusilla.

"Where's Angel?" She demanded.

"The music stopped and I had no one to dance with," Drusilla said, dreamily. "He had to miss the cakes and jellies. No life and soul at MY party." She glared at Buffy and waggled her fingers towards her eyes. Buffy had been focused on Acathla, his mouth was slowly opening and a whirlpool was starting to form. This was important, Buffy was sure but Drusilla was talking and that was important, too...

* * * * *

The floor was freezing. Buffy could feel the cold seeping into her bones, from her knees to her feet. Why was she kneeling on the floor?

"Hey, kid? Slayer?" The voice was annoying and too close to her face. She opened her eyes.

"Wha...?" She managed, looking up at a youngish looking man, with serious bad taste in clothes.

"Slayer, you back with us?"

"Who...?"

"Name's Whistler," he said, taking her hand and pulling her to her feet. "It wasn't supposed to go down this way. Angel was meant to help you..."

"I helped her." A low growl came from in front of the now stony Acathla.

"Spike?" Buffy ran to him, where he knelt, head down, tears in his eyes. "What happened? Acathla was waking up....I don't remember..."

"Dru had you in her thrall." He looked up at her, "Buffy, I sent her to hell."

"Spike, why?"

"Oh, Buffy, how can you ask me that? For you." He started sobbing again. Buffy turned to Whistler.

"Who are you?" She demanded.

"I'm a demon but I'm not a bad guy, the powers sent me. Angel was meant to be helping..."

"You wanna help? Get an ambulance for Kendra. I'm taking Spike home."


She went to Spike and gently pulled him to his feet; he put his arm around her and she put hers around him.

"Is the car outside?" She asked.

"Yeah,"

"Can you drive? Or should I try?"

Spike laughed, through his tears.

"I didn't save your life, so you could kill us both." He said, kissing the top of her head.

* * * * *

They left the car where it was and walked. Spike seemed to be weakened physically, as well as emotionally, by what he had done to his sire and Buffy was almost carrying him by the time they got to the factory. She got him onto the bed and started to take his boots off.

"Don't leave me, Buffy." He murmured, his voice barely there.

"I won't. Is there anything you need?"

"Blood...need blood."

He was almost unconscious and Buffy didn't think he could wait while she searched for take-out blood. Kicking off her shoes, she lay on the bed next to him. Craddling his head with her right arm, she lay her left wrist across his mouth.

"C'mon Spike, snack time." she said, encouragingly.

He started to kiss her wrist, pressing his tongue hard to the pulse point. She shivered, as pleasure from nerves she didn't know she had, spread through her body, igniting a fire between her legs.

"Oooh, that's so good." She murmured, kissing his soft hair and wriggling slightly. She felt his face change and gasped as his fangs slid smoothly into her.

She moaned as the most unbelieveable heat poured through her as he pulled on her blood. Heat that pooled low in her body and left her panties damp.

"Oooh, god, Spike." She groaned, when he stopped feeding.

He laved her wrist with his tongue, to close the wound and then he kissed her.

"Thank you." He said, his eyes full of gratitude.

Buffy wound herself around him and kissed him, hard; her tongue slipping between his lips, tasting her own blood on him.

"Spike, I want you." She gasped, when she broke for air.

"Buffy..." He groaned, as she ground her aching mound against the bulge in his jeans.

They kissed again, with more urgency, as they ripped at each other's clothes, Spike kissing his way down to Buffy's breasts as her top peeled off. She moaned as he sucked first one nipple, then the other, rolling his tongue around them and creating so much heat in her that she thought she'd melt. Her back arched and he took the opportunity to slide her jeans off, then kissed his way down to her soaking wet panties.

"So wet for me, kitten." He whispered, running his tongue over the dampness.

Buffy squirmed at the sensation and tried to scoot away, up the bed.

"Has no one ever kissed you here?" Spike asked, when he looked up at her face and saw how much she was blushing.

"No," she admitted, biting her bottom lip.

"Has anyone ever made love to you?"

She shook her head, too embarrassed to even meet his eyes.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of, pet." He said, sliding his hands tenderly over her hips and bringing her panties down. "Let me take care of you."

Her legs were closed but his mouth, trailing down, soon opened them. She sank back into the pillows, as he teased her hot folds apart and fluttered the tip of his cool tongue into her. Without realizing, she opened her legs wider, her body begging him to go deeper. He deftly slipped a finger in and his tongue began to flick over her hot little clit.

Buffy writhed and moaned as his finger penetrated further, his fingernail gently scratching at her barrier. He sucked hard on her clit and she screamed, as her first real orgasm hit and he drove his finger all the way in.

"God, Spike," she whimpered, as he sucked the virgin blood from his finger and pushed his tongue deep into her, to feast. "That was......Oooh, you're not finished."

"Not nearly," he rumbled against her thigh, as he wriggled out of his jeans.

It wasn't like he NEEDED an aphrodisiac but the taste of slayer's blood, mixed with slayer's arousal, was making him harder than he had ever been in his life. He trailed his tongue back up her sweet little body, his hand carressing between her legs. 'God, she's so tight, so hot.' He slipped the tip of his manhood into her entrance, as he kissed her; his finger gently rotating on her clit. She gasped and pushed her hips upwards, impaling herself on him, as he drove down into her.

Pain had never felt so good.

He stayed still, to give her time to adjust to the sensation and to keep himself from losing control. 'God, she's so TIGHT!' He gently pulled almost out, then slid slowly back in. He could feel her gripping him, her internal muscles flexing around his shaft, as waves of pleasure rippled through her.

They fell into a gentle rhythm, the sensations of skin against skin an unbelievable turn on. Bufffy had never felt anything like it, it was like melting inside, like her whole body was wide open for Spike to do whatever he wanted. He was covering her face with kisses and murmuring her name when something inside seemed to tighten and her body exploded with heat and mind blowing pleasure. She felt herself clenching around his shaft, as he pumped his cool seed into her.

* * * * *

"I'm sorry." Buffy said, into the silence.

"What for, luv?" Spike looked down at her, her head pillowed across his chest.

"Drusilla."

"Don't be. I couldn't let her destroy the world. I'll go to hell when I dust, I'm in no hurry to get there." He smiled, "Only just found heaven."

"I love you."

"Buffy..."

"I know that wasn't the plan. We can't have our big fight to the death because I could never kill you. It's not like I'm even the real slayer."

"Not...? How d'yer work that out?"

Kendra was called when I died, SHE'S the slayer, not me."

"You want me to go fight her?"

"Course not," Buffy smiled, "I love that you don't kill anymore."

"Killed Dru..."

"How did you know where we were?"

"I smelled her here, after you'd gone. Angel's place was the logical starting point. You were 'sposed to phone me."

"I didn't want Kendra to stake you. I hoped we could handle it."

"You fed me your blood." He said, as if he'd just remembered.

"You said you needed it."

"You trusted me not to kill you?"

"I love you, of course I trust you."

"I've been thinking about our fight to the death." He said, drawing her up the bed and kissing her. "I haven't wanted to kill you for some time."

"How long?" She whispered, looking into his eyes.

"Since I fell in love with you..."


Chapter End Notes:
Stay tuned for season three...