"I think my mom likes you." Buffy murmured into Spike's naked chest.

"I made a better first impression than 'that Angel'." Spike said, with a smirk.

"How did you know to come over tonight?"

"That mask was pulling dead things, I'm a dead thing."

"Then why weren't you trying to wear it?"

"I'm not MINDLESS dead, I could resist its pull."

"If you didn't know where it was pulling you, why come?"

"Thought it might be fun. Why didn't you phone?"

"I had my hands full. Besides, I'm the slayer, I shouldn't need rescuing."

"Not so I can rescue you, so I can fight WITH you. It's exciting."

"Yeah, you were loving it." She kissed him and slid her hands down his naked body. "Oooh, I've got my hands full, again."

"Minx."

Buffy trailed hot kisses down his body, loving the way he squirmed and his erection twitched in her hand. It made her feel so powerful, like she was the most sexually alluring woman in the world.

"No touching," She said, as he tried to reciprocate.

"I'm not allowed to touch?"

"I've got plans." She smirked.

"I don't think I can keep my hands off you." He said, leaning over to the drawer by the bed. He rummaged around and came up with a pair of handcuffs. He snapped one side on his right wrist, threaded the chain through the wroght iron bed head and cuffed his other wrist.

"There," He said, laying his head back on the pillow. "I'm helpless, do with me what you will."

He looked so trusting and vulnerable and the sight made Buffy's breath catch in her throat and a strange little tingle shot from her stomach to her clit. She could feel her moisture pooling on his leg as she leaned over and took the damp, velvety tip of his erection into her mouth.

Spike closed his eyes and groaned, as the heat of her mouth enveloped him. His wrists strained at the cuffs, as Buffy brought her tongue into play, flicking and sucking at as much of him as she could fit into her mouth.

"Buffeeee," He moaned, bucking his hips towards her. "God, Buffy, I'm gonna.......Arrrgh."

"Buffy swallowed rapidly, sucking until he had finished; his body limp and spent, beneath her. She kept her mouth around him until she felt him stiffening again. Scooting up his body, she positioned herself so that her clit was pressed against the hardness of him. He moaned as she leaned forward, her hard nipples rubbing his chest, her clit sweeping along his length until the tip of him slipped inside her. He strained to raise his hips and slide further into her but she held him down.

"Not yet." She admonished, teasing him with a little swivel of her hips.

Spike tried to relax, as Buffy gently scratched at his nipples with her nails. When she felt that he was squirming enough, she tightened her internal muscles and plunged down on him. The combination of pain and pleasure was too much and they both climaxed almost instantly.

"Where's the key for the cuffs?" Buffy asked, when she could speak.

"Top drawer." Spike moaned.

"Buffy retrieved it and released him. He had deep red marks around his wrists, where he had struggled and a smirk on his face that said he had loved it.

For the first time since she had been called, Buffy was happy to be the slayer. She was at peace with what she was and it was all down to Spike. Angel had done his best to convince her that she needed a normal life but the fiasco with Owen had made her see that it couldn't work. Besides, being with Spike made her realize how fragile 'normal' men were - too fragile for HER! She couldn't imagine what sex would be like, if she had to be careful not to damage her lover.

"God, Buffy, the things you do to me."

"Good?"

"The best. I'm so glad things worked out this way."

"Instead of killing me?"

He shivered at the very idea.

"When did you realize that you loved me?"

"Well, I was attracted when I first saw you but I was trying to bag my third slayer..."

"Consider me baggy girl."

"Then when you were in hospital with flu..."

"How'd you know about that?"

"I kept flashing back to my mum, when she was dying of TB and the thought of you dying of flu.... That's when I knew that I loved you. It felt so much bigger than with Dru....more REAL.... I didn't even have the decency to kill her." He finished, quietly.

"Huh?"

"Dru. Vampires don't die from a sword through the gut, do they. I sent her to hell, alive."

"She wanted it. God, she wanted it for all of us."

"Not you, she wanted YOU in heaven, so I couldn't have you."

"She KNEW about us?"

"Miss Edith probably told her."

"Huh?"

"Her favourite doll."

"And again with the 'huh?'"

Spike laughed.

"Dru was a precog., she had flashes of the future and the era that she grew up in, people thought she was the work of the devil. Angelus played on that, so, by the time she was insane and a vampire, she'd convinced herself that her dolls were telling her things. Absolving herself of the blame."

"She still had her gift, after she was sired?"

"Yeah. To WANT to go to hell..." He shuddered and then, as if he'd just noticed where he was, started to kiss Buffy's breasts.

* * * * *

Buffy and Spike were patrolling the woods and Buffy had a good reason to WANT to find a big bad SOMETHING. So long as Jeff Walken had been killed by something other than Oz, Buffy would be happy. The badly mauled body had been found and, thanks to Xander sleeping, when he should have been on 'Oz watch', no one knew if everyone's favourite werewolf was responsible.

"I'm not sure where exactly, just that he was found in these woods." Buffy said, as Spike strode confidently ahead.

"It's this way, I can smell the blood." He replied, looking over his shoulder at her. He wasn't that bothered about who or what had killed the boy but it was concerning Buffy and he might get a decent scrap out of it, so....

They came to a blood spattered clearing and, by now, even Buffy could smell it.

"God, what a way to go." Buffy said, watching as Spike stood amongst it and sniffed the air.

"I can't smell werewolf, at all." He said, a puzzled look on his face. "Nor demon, vampire, nothing supernatural. The killer was human but there's an odd undercurrent, drug abuse, maybe."

"Would you know if you smelt it again?"

"You want me to track it round Sunnydale, like a bloodhound?"

"Is your sense of smell really that good?"

"Your period's due in three days." He replied, with a knowing smirk, "Does that answer your question?"

"You can smell THAT?"

"Hey, vampire, pet; it's the highlight of my month."

"Yeah, me too." Buffy agreed, blushing.

"None of that now, now," He said, stroking her hair, "Never be ashamed of your sexuality. So long as we both enjoy it, it's not wrong."

"Oz is going to be so relieved that he's not the killer. Too bad I can't tell him 'til tomorrow morning."

"How are you going to tell him you found out?" Spike asked, not calling her on her deft subject change.

"I'll figure something out. I wish I could tell them all."

"I understand why you can't. I don't want you put in the position where you have to defend your choices to people that will just want me dead."

"Mom likes you."

"What's not to like? She doesn't know what I am."

"They gave me such a hard time over Angel."

"Yeah and that ponce has a soul!"

"Exactly! That makes YOU a better person. You have no soul but you CHOSE to stop killing people, to make me happy."

"Whoever tore apart that Jeff bloke, having a soul didn't stop 'em."

"If it's a human, it's a police matter. I only do supernatural."

"Take care 'til he's caught, love. It might be random but, if it isn't, it might be connected to the school."

* * * * *

Next morning, Buffy managed to get Oz alone.

"Oz, I can't tell you how I know and I'd rather you didn't tell the others..."

He looked at her, expectantly.

"I know it wasn't you that killed Jeff." She watched his face for any change of expression. "Wolf you." She clarified, when he didn't react. "Definitely, positively, guaranteed."

"And you know this from the Vampire?"

"I..."

"I can smell him on you. The same vampire, night after night."

"Please don't tell the others."

"Not my secret to tell." He put his hand on her shoulder, "I understand, Buffy. Love's complicated. Thanks for telling me about Jeff."

* * * * *

Pete was bleeding and more furious than he'd ever been in his life. Everything had been going hs way and then the sun had set. He'd tracked down his rival, the puny guitarist who had been trying it on with that slut, Debbie. HIS slut.

What was it with guys that played an instrument? First Jeff and now this little squirt, who everyone knew was dating the red-head but who Pete himself had seen, only this morning, touching up the skinny blonde and then, later, Debbie.

He had found Oz in the library book cage, dragged him out and begun to administer some payback and then everything had changed. Suddenly he had been fighting an animal, an animal that had BITTEN him. Then, the little blonde slut had HIT him. HIM. That couldn't HAPPEN. He had been chased, forced to hide away. That couldn't be right.

He was always in control.

Debbie, filthy little whore, was whimpering at his feet, unable to even LOOK at him. It was all her fault, she had every reason to be ashamed; manipulating him into killing....

"You're nothing but a waste of space!" He shouted at her terrified form.

"Whereas the world always needs bullying pieces of crap, like you." Spike said, sarcastically. Concerned about Buffy's safety and her unwillingness to hurt humans, he had sniffed around until he had picked up Pete's trail.

Pete spun and launched himself at Spike, who calmly stepped to one side and let Pete smack, full speed, into the metal shelf unit, behind him. There was a sickening crunch, as metal met bone and Pete slumped to the floor, blood spreading out from his, obviously fatal, head wound.

Buffy ran in.

"Spike, what happened?"

"He bit off rather more than he could chew."

"You killed him?"

"No, I got out of his way and let him kill himself."

"The others'll be here soon, I'll look after Debbie, you go. I'll call you later, when this is all finished." She looked down at Debbie, who was staring blankly at the floor, still waiting for Pete to kill her. "Oh, Spike?" He turned around, "Thanks." She said, with a smile.

* * * * *

"How'd it go?" Spike asked, later, when Buffy turned up at the factory.

"The police took Pete's body away and, at a guess, I'd say they'll find evidence of substance abuse. Debbie's not saying much, except that Pete loved her and that's why he killed Jeff and Mr. Platt. School counsellor." She added, to Spike's unspoken question. "Her family took her to an upmarket psychiatric unit and they've hired a lawyer, just in case. I don't think she saw you, so the police may try to charge her with Pete's 'accident' but I doubt it."

"Wolf boy bit him, so it was probably for the best that he died. Being a werewolf, on top of whatever he was on...."

"Bad combination."

"Yeah. Buffy? I would have killed him, if I'd had to."

"And I wouldn't have had a problem with that." Buffy said, pulling him to her for a long kiss.