Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to everyone for their awesome reviews. Keep them coming.
When Spike awoke he instantly knew something was off. As he looked around, he noticed that he was back in his crypt. He started wondering how this had happened, but no longer had to when he turned to his side and saw Buffy fast asleep.

"Oh, bloody hell!"

******************************

After setting Buffy down on her bed, he made his way down to the basement and chained himself up. How had this happened? He knew that it had something to do with the First. However, sleep finally claimed him leaving all his questions unanswered.

*******************************

Buffy woke up to the pounding of her head. She jumped out of bed startled. She had been with Spike last night. No, not Spike... the Spike the First had created. Yet in all her worry, she couldn't get her mind off of the passionate night they had spent together. Remembering the things he had made her do was making her blush intensely.

She made her way out of her room, her first instinct to go to Spike but she decided against it, knowing that she needed a bath.

Buffy emerged from the shower an hour later, her thoughts clearer now and her body much less sore. She smelled of fresh vanilla and felt completely relaxed.

"Well," she said to herself, "I suppose this is as good a time as any to talk to him."

She made her way down the stairs and noticed that it was dark outside, realizing she must have slept the day away. She was grateful that Giles had decided to take the potentials and everyone else away for the weekend. She needed the break. Just as she went to make a left towards the basement, Buffy heard a knock on the door. Without a second though, she rushed over to it and swung it open.

"Angel..."

*****************************

"Buffy," Angel said with a soft smile. "You look good."

"What... what are you doing here?" she asked stunned.

"Well, I'll be happy to tell you that and more as soon as you invite me in." He told her gently.

"Oh, god, of course. I'm sorry. Come in, Angel." She replied as she let him in.

"Buffy, there's something coming. Something big. And you're gonna need my help." He told her, looking at her with concerned eyes.

"I know," she told him softly. "The First, right? We already got the memo."

She stared at him for a moment longer but noticed he wasn't focusing on her, but on her neck. Angel reached a hand out to it, his eyes starting to darken in a way Buffy hadn't seen since he was Angelus.

"Buffy," he growled. "Who did this?"

Buffy was about to respond but was cut off by Angel falling to the ground as Spike tackled him.

"Spike!" she yelled, trying to control him, but the fierce look in his eyes told her there wasn't a chance in hell he was backing down.

Spike stepped in front of Buffy as his grandsire lifted himself from the floor and growled at him.

"Mine!!!" Spike roared.

Angel stood with a look on his face that was a mixture of anger and hurt.

"You claimed her." He stated simply, his voice solemn.

"I'm sorry, he what?" Buffy asked, exasperated with the situation.

Hearing the words come from Buffy's mouth, a deadly look came to Angel's face as he stared Spike down. "You claimed her and you didn't tell her?" he snarled at the younger vampire.

"She's mine! You have nothing left for you here, mate, so you'd best be on your bloody way."

"This isn't over." He warned, not bothering to clarify who he was speaking to. With that said, he walked out into the night.

********************************

Buffy looked at the blonde vampire. "Spike?" she said gently, not sure who she was dealing with.

"Buffy, I'm so sorry," he whispered, tears rolling down his face, making Buffy relax when she realized it was her Spike talking to her.

"I didn't mean to do that, pet. It's just... I can't stand the wanker, and when I saw him reaching out to touch you, I just... lost it."

"Spike, what did Angel mean when he said... when he said that you claimed me?"

A look of fear suddenly struck Spike's usually confident face, making Buffy a little unnerved.

"Buffy, I want you to promise me that you won't hate me for this luv. I've been meaning to tell you, but I just couldn't find the right moment. Pet, I need you to know that I would have never done this to you if I had been under no one's control." He pleaded with her.

"Spike! You're rambling. What the hell did you do to me?"

"I- Buffy... I made you my mate."

*******************************

Buffy stared at him with a shocked look. "You did what? What do you mean? Spike, what does this mean?" she asked frantically.

"It means, luv, that we are bound for life. Feel any sudden urge to come to me lately? Have you thought that you have felt me calling to you and then decided that was a silly thought?" he asked her softly.

Buffy gasped at his words, remembering how she had felt as if Spike was calling her to him earlier.

"So, what, you can like, summon me now or something?" she asked him nervously.

"Not exactly. It's more like, I can feel what you feel and vice-versa. We're also going to be naturally drawn to each other. And as you witnessed earlier, I won't exactly take kindly to any bloody poofter coming near you." He finished with a shy smile.

"Oh," Buffy whispered.

"There's more to it, I'm sure. I just don't know every detail."

Buffy sighed. "Well, I'm gonna have to talk to Giles about this. I'm just not sure how."

Buffy went to look up at Spike but let out a surprised sound when she found herself pinned to the door by his body. She didn't need to look into Spike's eyes to know it was no longer him.

"Spike?" she whispered in a shaky voice.

"I'm disappointed in you pet, you would have let him touch you if I hadn't stopped him. Maybe Angel needs a lesson in keeping his hands off of what doesn't belong to him." He growled.

"Then again," he whispered in her ear, "maybe you're the one that needs to be reminded who you belong to."

Buffy felt the immense need to please the vampire. Something about his displeased tone was shaking her to the core in a way she hadn't imagined possible.

"I'm sorry," she whispered sincerely. "You know I don't want anyone else. Let me make it up to you." She begged him, needing to make him happy, needing to feel him inside her giving her the pleasure which only he could provide.

"Oh, you will, Slayer... you will."


Chapter End Notes:
Please give me feedback. I would love to know your thoughts on the story.