Author's Chapter Notes:
I just want to say that no story has ever come as easily for me to write as this one and I honestly believe it is because of the awesome feedback you guys are giving. The chapters are just coming to me with such ease. I want to thank xoChantelly as always for her awesome banners and beta work and Annie for once again leaving phenomenal reviews as well as the rest of my readers. *Hugs*
"Buffy..." Spike whispered, but before he could get out another word, Buffy lunged at him like a wild cat and started to attack his mouth with hers.

A low growl emanated from Spike. He was no longer under the First's control, yet the more time that passed, the more he felt like the changes were affecting him. He was sensing that the Spike the First brought out in him was starting to blend more and more with him.

However, realizing that this alter ego he had developed was what had gotten Buffy so riled up, he pushed her away from him.

"I'm not him, Buffy." He said in a serious tone.

Buffy didn't care anymore, she was starting to realize that just because Spike was being controlled, that didn't mean the way he acted wasn't him.

"Yes, you are, Spike. Maybe not fully, but you know that deep down inside, that is exactly who you are." She said with fire in her eyes as she approached him with a hungry gaze.

Spike could smell her arousal and decided that if this was what Buffy wanted, this is what she would get... to a point anyway.

"So that's it then?" he asked softly. "That's what gets you off? Having me lose my mind and fuck you into bloody oblivion?"

Buffy gasped at his words but remained still in front of him.

"Answer me, Slayer!" Spike growled, involuntarily letting the Spike that Buffy seemed so aroused by take him over for a minute.

"Yes." She moaned.

"Well then," he said. "You're going to get your bloody wish."

******************************

It had started rough, Spike acting close enough to how the other would, but towards the end, he couldn't help but shower her with loving words. Buffy knew Spike was putting on a show for her, but she had also noticed that the more violent and primal side of him was starting to come out naturally now, at unexpected times.

As she was laying beside him in her bed, she wondered if the changes he was sporadically going through would become permanent. She also wondered what the claim was. What kind of hold Spike had on her. On one hand, she was okay with it. Being mated to the only person who got her so hot and bothered didn't create any problems for her. However, she wondered what the downfall would be. Would she slowly turn into a vampire? Would she grow fangs?

All she could do was wait until Giles returned to have her questions answered.

******************************

When Giles finally got there, Buffy was pacing nervously around the house. As he came in, everyone else following behind, casting confused and curious looks at the original Slayer as she pulled her watcher up the stairs and into her room.

"Buffy, would you mind telling me just what in god's name is happening?" He inquired, concerned.

"Giles, we need to talk."

*******************************

More than 5 minutes had passed since Buffy had finished speaking and Giles was still sitting next to her in silence.

"Giles?" Buffy looked at him expectantly.

"Don't!" He said in a serious voice. "Do you realize what you've done, Buffy? Have you the slightest idea of what this means?"

"Well... not really. That's,... kinda why I came to you."

"Buffy... I must be honest with you... I am very disappointed. The implications of this are,... well, let's just say this can either go very well, or very very wrong." He said more gently as he removed his glasses.

"Wait, what are you saying? There's actually an upside to this?" she asked, her hopes going up.

"Well, you are now bound to Spike for life, something which I am not sure is a good thing. But yes, this changes everything in a very immense way." He explained, rubbing his glasses vigorously.

"W- What do you mean?" she whispered nervously.

"Spike... well, he is now immune to the effects of sunlight he would normally experience, for starters.”

"What?" Buffy asked, shocked. She knew that there were going to be side effects from her and Spike claiming each other and becoming mates, but nothing like this. Yet as she looked at Giles, she knew there was something more, something much bigger that he wasn't telling her.

"What about me?" she asked calmly.

"Beg pardon?" Giles said, avoiding eye contact. Avoidy Giles was never of the good.

"What about me, Giles. How have I changed? I know there's something else that you aren't telling me, so spill." She demanded.

"Buffy... you're immortal."

********************************

Buffy was still reeling from the shock of what Giles had said. Her, immortal? This was a good thing, right? She would be able to beat the First now and keep all these people safe.

Buffy was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't notice where her feet had led her. She was now standing directly in front of the basement door.

Weighing her options, she decided to go down the stairs and talk to Spike.

He watched her intently as she explained both of their new "abilities".

"I think we should patrol tonight." She told him casually.

"Sounds like a plan, pet." He said as he smiled at her gently.

"Okay then, let's go."

*****************************

Buffy didn't know how they had ended up just 10 feet away from Spike's crypt, but as they stood there now, memories from the last time they had been here flooded her, followed by a wave of arousal.

Seeing her flushed expression, Spike inhaled deeply and went to kiss her, but had no chance to as he felt himself lose all control.

Buffy heard some rustling next to her, and as she started to ask Spike what he was doing, she was grabbed roughly by her hips and slammed against his body.

Spike stared at her shocked expression and gave her an evil smirk.

"Hi, baby," he growled. "Well, aren't you all flushed... and hot and... wet." He snarled as he raised her skirt with his hand, feeling her soaked panties.

"Memories, huh?" he smirked, tucking his tongue behind his teeth.

"So tell me, Slayer... are you ready to relive them?"

Buffy could do nothing but moan softly and close her eyes in pleasure as Spike's fingers found their way into her panties, teasing her drenched lips.

"Spike." She moaned, fully aware now that this was the deadly lover she enjoyed being with so much, but also the man she loved. Wait... loved? Loved? Loved!

As the realization finally hit her, Buffy slammed her mouth to his and started kissing him passionately.

Spike pulled away long enough to look her dead in the eyes.

"You're playing with fire, little girl, and you will get burned." He growled.

"I know." Buffy said huskily.

A dark smile crept into Spike's lips.

"Oh, Slayer..." he said in a deadly whisper. "You'd better start praying."


Chapter End Notes:
Thank everyone so much for all the love and support for this story. Let me know what you think about this chapter.