Author's Chapter Notes:
Everyone check out xoChantelly's 'Big Bad... William?' it's an awesome story! Thank you all so much for your patience and support!
Just as they were about to go into Spike's crypt and ravage each other, Buffy saw a vampire coming their way. This seemed to snap Spike out of the First's control.

"Oh, bollocks!" he ground out.

As Spike started chasing the female vamp, Buffy trailed behind, knowing that he could handle himself. Just as he got the vampire and had her on the ground, Spike was thrown off of her.

In front of him stood a dark haired girl in a fighting stance.

"Whatcha wanna do to her, vamp? Huh? Somethin' like this?" The girl asked before throwing a punch. Taking the hit, Spike took a moment to look at her more closely, as he started to realize who she was.

"Nice punch you got there. Lemme guess. Leather pants, nice right cross, doe eyes, holier-than-thou glower. You must be Faith. " He smiled.

"Oh, goodie. I'm famous." She stated with a smirk.

"Told you were coming." He explained. "Bit of a misunderstanding here. I'm..."

"Spike. Yeah, we've met before."

"We have? I don't think we--" but he was cut off when she landed a swift kick to his stomach.

"Bloody hell! What're you doing? I'm on your side." He ground out.

"Yeah? Maybe you haven't heard. I've reformed." Faith retorted, throwing another punch at him.

"So have I," he growled as he punched her back, now becoming annoyed with the situation. "I reformed way before you did."

Then, Faith started pounding on him.

"Stop," punch, "hitting," punch, "me! We're on the same side!" he yelled.

Faith stared at him incredulously. "Please. You think I'm stupid?"

"Well, yeah." Spike scoffed.

"You were attacking that girl." She pointed out as she punched him yet again.

Suddenly, Spike saw Buffy beside the other Slayer, as she punched her square in the jaw.

"Sorry, Faith. I didn't realize that was you." Buffy said innocently.

"It's alright, B. Luckily you still punch like you used to." Faith responded.

Buffy then turned her attention to Spike, a concerned look on her face. "You okay?"

"Yeah, terrific." He grumbled, looking irritated.

Faith stared at Buffy in astonishment. "You're protecting vampires? Are you the bad slayer now? Am I the good slayer now?" she finished, thoroughly confused.

"He's with me. He has a soul." Buffy explained.

"Oh, he's like Angel?"

"No!" Spike yelled, feeling insulted.

"Sort of." Buffy said with a shrug.

"I am nothing like Angel!" he insisted.

"He fights on my side. Which is more than I can say for some of us." Buffy stated with a sigh, giving Faith a pointed stare.

"Angel's dull as a table lamp! And we have very different coloring." Spike continued, defending himself.

Faith was still unconvinced, though. "Yeah, well if he's so good, what's he doing chasing down defenseless--" her speech was cut off by the vampire that Spike had been running after tackling her.

"That's one of the bad guys." Buffy said in an amused tone. And now her night was complete.

********************************

Last night had gone from bad to worse. What Buffy thought was a potential, was now laying in a hospital bed, beaten and bruised, and all Buffy could do was wait for her to wake up so that she could get some answers. She had gone to S.H. this morning, but Robin had fired her, talking to her and making her realize that she didn't have time for a job right now. She needed to focus on keeping everyone alive.

As Buffy paced her living room, she noticed that Faith was nowhere to be found. Having a strange feeling that she knew where she was, Buffy made her way down to the basement.

Faith's voice floated to her just as she had expected.

"You should have known it wasn't blondie behind the wheel. She'd never throw down like that." She heard Faith say.

"Oh, you have been away." Spike responded.

"What? Don't tell me little Miss Tightly Wound's been getting her naughty on?"

"Not of late." Spike said with a small smirk, not wanting to let Faith in on the fact that he and Buffy had been doing much more than "getting their naughty on".

"Wow, everyone's just full of surprises." She heard Faith say before she decided to step forward so they could see her.

"Well, it's nice to see you two getting along so well." Buffy said tightly, her arms crossed in front of her chest.

"Yeah, uh, you just know all the cool vampires." Faith replied uncomfortably.

Suddenly, Dawn's voice came from upstairs. "Buffy, the girl's awake." At that Buffy left the room, deciding that she would have a talk with Spike later.

*******************************

The trip to the hospital had proven to be useful, yet depressing. Apparently there was a new player in town. Caleb, he called himself. Dressed as a preacher. Buffy tried to clear her head, but found it almost impossible, her pent up anger and frustration proving to be too much for her. She quickly decided to grab Spike and tell everyone they were going patrolling, not caring about the comments and looks that they were all throwing her way.

********************************

As soon as they reached the cemetery, Buffy shoved Spike against the nearest crypt wall, no longer being able to hide her anger.

"Bloody hell, Buffy, what was that for?!" he yelled, frustrated by her actions.

"I am through playing with you, Spike!" she growled. "You think you can just do that shit? You think that you can be fucking me, and then as soon as any slut comes around, basically drool at her feet?!" she knew that she was exaggerating. She also knew that she was probably way overreacting, but she didn't care. The last few weeks had made her realize how much she loved him, and although she was still waiting for the right moment to say it, it made her livid to see Spike and Faith so cozy. He was hers dammit! And he shouldn't be paying attention to anyone but her.

"Buffy," Spike tried to reason with her, "I don't know what you think happened, pet, but we were just making friendly conversation is all. You know I love you."

"You say you love me?" Buffy said darkly. "Fine, then you're gonna prove it... right now."


Chapter End Notes:
Thoughts? Feelings?