Chapter 18: First Night in Luxury



Just then Buffy heard a knock at the door and rushed to see who it was. The maid had returned with dinner, some weird brown stuff in a glass and some clothes. Buffy watched the maid walked over to her and tried to help her undress for bed. Buffy was horrified and Spike chuckled telling the maid, “I can handle that. It’s more fun if I do it anyway.”

The maid giggled and exited the room and Buffy frowned at the giggle, “What did you say to her?”

Spike shrugged, “That you can do it yourself. She was only trying to be a good maid and dress you for bed.”

Buffy sighed and walked over to the table where Spike was picking at the meat on the plate. There was a meat platter with meat she had never seen before, some drinks she had never seen before and some foreign cheeses and bread lay surrounding the meat. She watched Spike’s face as he nibbled on the food, “Not half bad. Now let me try this brown blood. Perhaps they do something different to it or it’s demon blood or something.”

He took a sip and ran to the toilet immediately puking it up. Buffy frowned in worry and took a sniff of the blood and gagged. It smelled horrible; she couldn’t even imagine how it tasted. It appeared to be the same stuff that they had found in the wild. Spike came back and opened the door to the outside room saying something she couldn’t understand. The maid and him bickered and she finally left and Spike came back, “Well the blood here is no better. I guess it’s either you or nothing. Sorry, love.” He turned glaring at wall, “Enjoy your dinner, Slayer. I have to go see the King.”

Buffy felt bad about being so bitchy towards him as she nibbled on her food but knew she needed her strength. She had been tempted to offer to feed him but she was so hurt and confused and now he seemed mad. She knew why he was mad. She had acted like a bitch earlier about the sleeping arrangements and they had just had a perfect week together with no fighting. She had depended on him in the wild and had used him for comfort, safety and love. She sighed as she fed Fuzzball a few leaves that she had stuffed in her jacket pocket thankful that Spike had talked the guards into bringing the two trees with her. She would need a place to plant those.

She then turned her thoughts back to the word ‘used’ for a moment. She didn’t use him. She had tried to give as much as she had received. Surely that’s not ‘using’. She wanted to talk to Spike. She wanted him to make it all better. She sniffled back a few tears as Fuzzball curled up in her lap for sleep. She would make sure he got exercise tomorrow after their long day.

She picked up her nightclothes and put them on realizing she couldn’t button up the back by herself no matter how hard she tried. She walked back into the room noticing Spike had returned and was watching her. She frowned asking, “Could you button this up?”

Spike shrugged and sat up in the bed where the blankets dipped dangerously close to reveling himself totally but politely buttoned up the back of her nightgown. Buffy frowned feeling as though she should say something so she apologized, “I’m sorry the blood isn’t any better here.”

Spike’s face softened as he spoke towards her, “It’s ok, love. I honestly didn’t expect it to be any better. These things just aren’t human….” He paused yelling, “Bloody Hell. Think these are considered human? Say I can’t fight for your sis.”

Buffy frowned in worry, “Ask the maid.”

Spike smirked and pulled back on his pants going to the door and yelling. The maid came over and he said something and she nodded and he hit her on the back. She squealed in pain but curtsied and left. He smirked, “Definitely not human pet. We are in luck.”

He pulled his pants off again as Buffy watched admiring the view as he snuggled back into the bed. Buffy frowned and walked over to the chair and closed her eyes to go to sleep. She was asleep in an awkward position 20 minutes later when Spike picked her up and carried her onto her side of the bed and tucked her in tight. He set Fuzzball down on the bottom of the bed but the animal quickly walked up to sleep with Buffy on her pillow. Spike crawled into his side of the bed reasoning with himself, “All we have left are each other, I can’t afford her not being up to par tomorrow.”


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Buffy woke up and she was resting her head on a comfortable pillow and was snuggled within blankets of a soft bed. This bed was much softer than hers and even softer than Spike’s crypt bed. She didn’t want to leave the bed nor open her eyes. She snuggled further into the bed and let out a yawn. She frowned then when she heard a noise under her head that sounded like a stomach growled.

Spike awoke and saw he had an armful of Buffy. Apparently in her sleep she had decided he was a great pillow and had put her head on his chest and wrapped her arms around his sides. His arms were wrapped around her as well and they were in a very intimate position only Buffy was dressed in a nightgown while Spike was naked. He felt Buffy snuggle in further and held her tighter to accommodate her thinking if he was going to be staked for this, he might as well enjoy it as a perfect memory.

He then felt her yawn followed by his stomach growling. He could have cursed himself but then he felt Buffy bolt straight out of bed to stare at him. He saw her look in shock, “How did I get here? ”

Spike chuckled and replied, “Um, cutie? I moved you in the bed last night because you were sleeping all awkwardly in the chair and I put you on your side of the bed but when I awoke this morning, we were all snuggling up like that. I’m guessing your body was used to sleeping with me, love. No worries, mine was probably too.”

She frowned as she thought about talking to him about how confused she was but decided now wasn’t the time. She remembered his stomach growling and thought about the fact he hadn’t eaten in at least a day now. Spike shrugged and got out to bed to pull on the black leather skinned pants they had provided him and the soft black shirt that reminded him of silk. He then put the leather tan vest over his shirt and noticed Buffy watching him dress. He gestured towards the clothes on the chair, “Pet, you got clothes too. No idea what they are but they are traditional garb for here.”

He slid on soft leather boots which is what he had requested for both of them knowing if nothing else, Buffy would at least have boots to be comfortable in. She frowned looking at her garment. She rolled the rest of the way out of the bed and picked it up noticing it was a soft leather skirt in the color of tan and a soft smooth white shirt. There was also a tan vest similar to Spike’s. For her feet were tan soft boots similar to Spike and when she picked these up and noticed another leather item. Spike saw her face and chuckled, “It’s a corset luv. Supposed to make you even thinner and shapely if that’s even possible. You probably don’t need it but those leather knickers are awfully cute.”

Buffy glared at him as she noticed he was looking at the leather panties that were next to the corset. She carefully slipped the panties on without showing anything important and carefully slipped the skirt on under her nightgown, then finally pulled the nightgown off to put on the shirt refusing to wear the corset. She looked at herself in the mirror using one of the two brushes provided to try to arrange her hair. Spike merely slicked his back and frowned as they had no hair gel so it was left in curls.

Buffy giggled as she watched him try to arrange his curls without the ability to look in the mirror and took the brush from his hand and arranged them so they looked sexy rather than adorable. He smiled gratefully at her and took the brush from her hair and gently began to return the favor. Buffy decided to indulge herself a little and allowed him to brush her hair. It felt so good having his hands in her hair, so sensual and so comforting.


Chapter End Notes:
Last chapter for now. Thanks to my faithful readers and to those who take the time to leave reviews encourging me to continue writing. It's been a busy year so far and we are only in February so I appreciate the effort it takes to leave a review. Thanks! Thanks to Brittany who has been faithful and standing by me even when life gets busy for us both. Hope you continue to enjoy! Look for an update this weekend on the Unsettled Business!