Author's Chapter Notes:
Last one until next week. Leave me something to let me know what you think! Enjoy

Chapter 21: Thinking



Spike entered the room looking beaten and exhausted. He had deep wounds covering his body as well as burns and bruises. Buffy rushed to his side and he shook his head not wanting to explain anything right now. He went into the bathroom and Buffy followed. He drew a hot bath and removed his clothes stepping into the tub. Buffy frowned and whispered, “Can I join you?”

Spike nodded, “I don’t reckon I can do anything other than sit with you but we can sit together. I just really don’t want to talk about things right now.”

Spike leaned back on the tub letting Buffy climb in. She hesitantly rested between his legs and he wrapped his arms around her as she rested her head back against his chest on the side that wasn’t as badly beaten as the other. She wanted to ask him questions, make him explain and make things better but she didn’t know how. Instead she sat in silence resting her hands on his until the water got freezing cold. She still stayed by his side until she started shivering so badly Spike noticed.

Spike pulled the plug without a word and climbed out handing Buffy a furry towel and used one on himself. Still without another word he crawled into bed and closed his eyes. Within minutes he was asleep. Buffy pulled her nightgown on that still had yet to be properly tied and crawled on her side of the bed letting Fuzzball down to settle on her pillow. She scooted over to his side of the bed and rested her head on his arm and he pulled her close to him wanting to feel the comfort of her at his side. He needed to know she cared and that what he was doing wasn’t for naught. He sighed and whispered, “‘Night, Buffy.”

She whispered a quiet, “‘Night Spike.” As she listened to silence as he stopped breathing and went into a silent sleep.

He was such an odd vampire. He made a habit of breathing even though he didn’t need it. The easiest way to see if he was sleeping or not, was to see if he was still breathing. It bothered her the first time they had been together. She remembered sleeping next to him after their passionate love making and feeling his lack of heartbeat and breathing. It unnerved her but now it was just a part of him. She kissed his forehead hearing him murmuring her name in his sleep and closed her eyes to sleep as well.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



The room was filled with a mist, as blue eyes appeared watching over the two lovers as a gentle smile formed on her lips and she whispered something softly before her eyes disappeared from sight and with them, the mist.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Buffy awoke with Spike still holding her tight with Fuzzball on her pillow curled up in a ball. She watched, as Spike lay there so still and peaceful. She wanted to spend some time talking to him today. She also wanted to know if she could see Dawn.

He looked so incredibly handsome and the way he made her feel, beautiful and amazing. She had never felt like that really before. Always some part of her had been held back. With Riley, it was her strength and calling and it was the same with Angel. Both had to play the part of hero, she never got to do her calling with them. They always had to go do it for her.

She sighed realizing with Spike, it was a partnership. She thought of how she had never really been able to talk to Angel and Riley , rather they seemed to tell her how she felt. She brushed a lock of his curly hair out of his face and realized Spike was really her best friend and had been since she returned.

He was always there, always listening and standing by her side. He always seemed to know what she needed whether it be silence, sex, violence, or to talk. She ran her fingertips over his face as she thought about the fact that if she let him, he would always take care of her and still respect her. She giggled a little realizing he would never listen to everything she said nor would he be a slave even though he claimed to be.

He was headstrong, stubborn and God the way he had with words. She tried not to laugh out loud as she remembered some of the ways he had put his foot in his mouth. For being over 120 years old, he wasn’t smart sometimes. He was a poet though and always claimed to be a bad poet. Even sometimes when he slipped up during their love making and recited something, he always would wave it off as better than he could ever write.

He was a total dreamer and had more hope than she could ever imagine having. He inspired her at times. She wouldn’t have made it this far in this trip without him. It was tough for her to admit it and she wasn’t sure if she would tell him that but it was the truth.

She would have been lost and scared and he had saved her life many times. Hell, she wouldn’t have made it when her friends brought her back if it weren’t for Spike and his supportive behavior to bring her back to life. She lifted the blankets to look at his body. It had mostly healed already from the marks from last night. She still had no idea what had happened to him but would ask him eventually. His eye was still a tad swollen but most of the cuts and bruises were so faded you wouldn’t know they were there. Slayer blood must have been an elixir for him.

She was done thinking and wanted Spike awake. She leaned down and placed a kiss on Spike’s lips and he groaned against her lips whispering her name as his eyes popped up.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and she held his face in hers and they kissed passionately. He was already naked and when she straddled him, she could feel his erection against her leg. She rubbed her leg over him and he groaned whispering, “I want you, Buffy.”

She smiled and placed another kiss on his lips as he reached down rubbing his hand across her thighs then stomach inching her nightgown up. She moaned at his touch encouraging him to continue. When he reached her breasts, he broke the kiss yanking the nightgown over her head tossing it into some far away corner not even caring about finding it later. He yanked her panties down and she moaned his name softly as he reached between her legs feeling she was drenched already.

He rubbed her clit a few times having her whimpering in pleasure and with desire before her flipped her over onto her back and entered her slightly. She arched her hips trying to force him further in and he smirked and licked her neck on his mark from yesterday. Buffy remembered for a brief second, her question about why he only bit in the same location and holes every time but as quickly as the thought came in her head, it left as he inched a little more into her. She thrashed around and arched her hips to try to make him in further. She moaned, “I need you in me!”

He chuckled even though he was losing his own restraint and had been reciting poetry in his head by Robert Browning to help him keep control. He wanted her to really want it and really need him. He wanted it to be him she thought about, not anything else. He inched in a little further whispering in gasps that he knew he didn’t need, “I am in you, Buffy.”

Buffy screamed out of frustration, “I need you all the way in me. Please Spike, you know what I mean.”

She slapped him with half her strength in the chest and he chuckled knowing that would always be how Buffy would try to solve her problems, with violence. He whispered against her ear, “Do you want me, Buffy? Me, Spike, the evil vampire without a soul?”
Buffy shook her head no and then nodded her head yes. Spike inched in a little further and whispered, “Tell me then, say it Buffy.”

She moaned out of frustration and tried to force him into her herself. She was so close and finally she relented, “I want you. I want you Spike, William, the evil vampire who is torturing me at the moment. Damn it Spike, please!”

Spike relented, needing it as much as she did, and pulled out of her as she protested and shoved into her in one movement entering her deep. She screamed out in pleasure and he leaned down to kiss her lips to keep her sort of quiet since they weren’t outside anymore nor in his crypt. He gave her a moment to settle down before he started to move at a steady pace. She moaned out his name again against his neck as she scratched her nails on his back trying to hold on. He groaned and picked up the pace a little as he pulled her face up to kiss her again passionately. He whispered against her lips, “You’re so hot Buffy, so tight and so perfect. Every move you make drives me crazy. I can’t get you out of my system.”

Buffy heard his words especially the last two statements and found she agreed. She leaned up to nibble on his earlobe as his pace picked up even faster. She nibbled some more on his earlobe then down his neck to suck at his pressure point. She licked his neck he had growled as he shuddered in pleasure. She sucked on more time on his neck and he started to swirl his hips to rub against her clit to distract her before he blew his control. She moaned against his neck and drove him even crazier. He vamped out and bit into Buffy’s neck reopening the wound and took a few pulls of blood, which was enough to send her over the edge and into a powerful orgasm. She called out his name as she came clinging onto him with amazing power. He took a few more pulls of blood then licked her wound closed as she came another time bringing him along with her this time in an orgasm. Together they orgasmed moaning out each other’s names as each clung to the other.