Author's Chapter Notes:
Last chapter for now. Hope you guys are still following my story and as always enjoy and let me know what you think of it! Feedback is great for my writing muse.

Chapter 23: A Good Workout



Spike walked over to the food that had been left on the counter and frowned as he went over and put on his clothes. He turned towards Buffy and whispered, “Get dressed sweetheart, I’m going to call for room service. I want something hot and good.” Buffy giggled and shrugged looking over at the clothes the maid had set out for her. It was a white skirt with a tan shirt. The skirt was long, made of soft leather, and billowed out at her feet. The shirt was tight-fitting silk but had short sleeves, a round high neckline and was stitched with white leather strips. She wondered if it had been tailored specifically for her. She slid on the white leather panties and her silk socks and leather boots. Buffy looked over at Spike in his dark brown leather pants that showed off his sexy body and his black silk shirt that made him look devilishly sexy. She was tempted to jump him and couldn’t resist crossing the room to plant a kiss on his lips. It left her breathless as he pulled away whispering, “If you don’t want us to have to dress again, best keep those feelings to ourselves.” She blushed and busied her hands with picking up her brush to work on her hair while Spike went and talked to the maid. She frowned seeing the way the maid’s interaction with Spike seemed to suggest flirting.

Buffy picked up Fuzzball to pet him for comfort until the maid finally nodded and left the room. Spike turned to Buffy, taking the brush off the table and brushing her hair, “She’s bringing us hot food, some stew, roast beast and some kind of bird. I couldn’t translate the type, sorry.” He paused then admitted, “I also asked her to see if the King will see us. I want to ask him about training and about Dawn.” Buffy smiled at him thankful he been thoughtful enough to think she might want to see Dawn. Spike sat down the brush and watched as Buffy placed Fuzzball back on the floor to play while she twisted her hair up onto her head sticking it with a wooden stick she had found on the table.

Spike frowned at her wooden hairpiece but instead asked, “Are you feeling better now pet…now that we have talked?” She nodded, “You won’t pressure me anymore and things won’t get all awkward and stuff right?” Spike shook his head, “You feel something for me right?” Buffy laid her hand over his and rested it on his lap, “Yea, just not sure what exactly.” Spike chuckled, “As long as it’s not hatred, I can live with that.” She nodded and stood up as the maid arrived with steaming hot food. It smelled delicious and her stomach responded automatically.

The maid nodded towards Spike and began to speak, “The King will see both of you in his chambers as soon as you are done eating.” Spike nodded and repeated to Buffy what was said as Buffy started to dig in. The food was wonderful and hot and lovely spiced. Even Spike seemed to dig in and enjoy. He ate just as much as her and they nibbled off each other’s plates from the different items they had chosen. When both had finished, Buffy used her napkin to wipe sauce off Spike’s chin knowing he couldn’t see it in the mirror. She went over to the mirror making sure she was presentable to see the King. She eyed the bite marks, noticing they were mostly healed already. She was thankful for Slayer healing power. She heard Spike call out something and the maid returned and then motioned for both to follow her. She picked a few leaves from the tree placing them on the floor for Fuzzball and placed her pillow on the floor as well knowing there was no way he could get up on the bed by himself. After giving him a kiss, she followed.

Buffy trailed behind Spike, watching as he carried on an animated conversation with the maid. Sometimes she would turn around and look at Buffy and Buffy was annoyed she couldn’t understand what he was saying. He could be saying something horrible and she wouldn’t even know it. Why did someone have to go steal Dawn? More importantly, why is Dawn’s blood still active? Is this going to happen every time she gets a bloody nose or cuts herself? Why didn’t she open a portal after her suicide attempt? These were all questions that Buffy couldn’t answer. When she got home, she’d make the gang research them. The word home opened up Buffy’s feelings. She thought of what she was doing a few hours prior with Spike. For the first time, she was able to feel and experience without dealing with what her friends would think. She longed for that all the time, but her friends would never understand. He was wrong, and was everything she was supposed to hate and not love. She fell for Angel but he was different. He at least had a soul and seemed good. Perhaps seemed was the major word. Spike never pretended to be good. He did what he wanted and what felt good to him. He loved her enough to do some good things but it was mostly for her attention. If she gave it to him unconditionally would he stop doing good?

Buffy sighed as she found herself standing in front of the King again. Spike bowed and made a request. Spike asked as politely as possible, “Can Buffy and I have a place to train today? We are foreigners and we really need to practice our technique.” The King frowned, “Women do not fight.” Spike tried to change what he said, “Well she’s my inspiration and she always gets so hot when she watches me train.” The King chuckled at this, “Well I have a training room downstairs you can use for the next few hours. You must vacate it within 4 hours though in time for dinner. How did you find your living conditions?” Spike smirked, “Great, only wish you guys had different blood.” The King shrugged, “You’re mate to a blood factory. I’m sure that’s fine and will suit you well.” Spike tried to hide his frown and control his anger at what the King was suggesting. The King didn’t seem to notice, “Well enjoy your training and good luck to you. You will probably need it. There is a hunt tomorrow if you are interested. The lady is not allowed to come along but you are invited.”

Spike didn’t want to seem rude but was really not interested in hunting so said, “I’ll think on it. Thanks for the invitation.” The King nodded and Spike bowed again and took Buffy’s hand. which She resisted the urge to pull away, knowing it was for show. As soon as they exited the room she threw her hands into the air, “I can’t take this. I can’t understand what is being said and I feel so out of the loop.” Spike frowned but simply said, “Now you see how it feels to be out of the loop of the Scoobies and to be deemed unimportant even though you are a person.” Buffy frowned thinking on his statement, “So where are we going?” Spike grinned, “We get to use the King’s training room for up to 4 hours and you are going to come with me. If someone enters though you must stop training, understood?” Buffy frowned, "What about seeing Dawn?" Spike frowned as well as he admitted, "I didn't ask..." He paused then made a cross with his heart while he promised, "But I will tonight." Buffy wanted to protest but instead nodded, dying to get a bit of a workout, not that this morning wasn’t a work out. She fell in step behind him as he asked the maid to show him to the training room.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



The training room was much differently set up than back home. It was divided into two sections: one being an animal-run section, which Spike guessed helped with the hunt. You could release animals to hunt them. The second section was covered with straw and boards. Some things Spike didn’t even figure out what they were used for. He looked at Buffy who looked at him questioningly. He asked, “Want to spar for now?” She grinned dying to spar. She took a fighting stance with a big grin, “Oh yeah.” He grinned, “Ladies first!” She nodded and took a swing at Spike who ducked and she took another swing on other side of his head as he dodged each round. She swept a kick under his legs, which he jumped over and swung one under her legs making her fell backwards.

Spike jumped on top of her placing a kiss on her lips before yelling, “One for the vamp!” She pushed him off her causing him to do a somersault to land back on his feet as she arched her back to land up on hers. She grinned at him and dodged a few punches that he threw towards her and she spun around and kicked as he caught her foot. She kicked him in the knee with her other foot causing him to release her so she landed on both feet. She jumped to turn to the other side and then swung a punch towards him while spinning a leg in the air to kick him square in the jaw. He flew back holding his jaw while the other hand landed a punch on her shoulder. They both sat there frowning at the other and Spike shrugged, “You started it Summers.” She giggled and nodded as she swung her foot under his causing him to grab a hold of her as they both fell to the ground with her on top. She grinned and kissed him, “One for the slayer!” Spike took her hand that she offered, “Tied. Do we continue?”

Buffy nodded pushing some of the hair that had fallen in front of her face. He then said, “Ok you first.” She nodded and turned around with a jump of energy throwing a kick in his direction which he easily dodged as she threw a few punches in her direction, which he again managed to dodge. He smirked as he threw a kick in her direction hitting her in the high chest causing her to fall backwards. He again jumped on her but she rolled him off, “Na uh uh. Not so fast there mister.” Spike chuckled and threw a few punches at her, which she all dodged but the last, which hit her in the cheek. She winced as he looked apologetic but still swung his legs under her making her fall over. He tried to leap on her but she rolled over leaving him to land on his stomach on the ground. He growled and jumped up and dodged the punch she threw at him but got hit in the chest with the second one she threw before he had completely dodged the first. She jumped in the air kicking him hard with both feet knocking him backwards. As she leaped on top of him, he rolled over and then on top of her pinning her down. He placed a kiss on her lips, which she eagerly returned. His hands were everywhere all at once and they forgot they were in the training room. She moved her hands up and under his shirt enjoying the feeling of his cool skin against her hot and sweaty skin. She moaned as she felt his hands find her breasts under her shirt and then gasped as she noticed four guards were watching them. She used her feet to push Spike off her as she pulled down her shirt to straighten it out. Spike turned around noticing that four guards were glaring him at. The one wearing red spoke up, “What are you guys doing here? This is not a bedroom. There are other places for such activities.” Spike actually looked a little embarrassed as he tried to explain, “You see she gets all hot and bothered when she sees me training so we were just working off a little tension.” The guards chuckled but the red dressed one spoke up not impressed, “Perhaps you should work that off in your room where it’s more appropriate.” Spike nodded and took Buffy’s hand eager to get out of there as soon as possible. She followed willingly since she was already bright red with embarrassment.