Author's Chapter Notes:
Since this story hasn't been updated in a while, Sallyntmare agreed to beta this story as well as finishing up my other one: A Wish for a Normal Life. Hope you enjoy this chapter. Thank you so much for helping Sallyntmare!

Chapter 31: Preparations for a Day Alone



Spike removed Buffy’s nightgown and kissed his way down her body. He trailed soft kissed from her lips, down her face and neck. He felt, slightly, bad for trying to wake her up, but he needed to make love to her so he could feed. He needed the strength for the day. He had an important day ahead of him and he didn’t want to explain to Buffy what it entailed.

She moaned his name, even in her sleep, as he kissed and nipped at her breast. He loved how he had gotten so into her system that she knew his touch, even in her sleep. Spike was the only one that her body craved.

He abandoned her breast with his mouth but replaced it with his hands. He kneaded her mounds as he continued his journey of soft kisses down her stomach, stopping between her thighs. He, gently, pried her legs apart, pulling them up to rest on his shoulders. He took in a deep breath, enjoying the smell of her musk. He would never grow tired of her smell-the sweetness of it.

With a heavy tongue, he licked her fully, trailing up her slit. Spike sucked her clit into his mouth, causing Buffy to flitter her eyes open-his name whispered on her lips. She grinned, reaching down with one hand to grasp his hair, pushing his mouth closer to her pussy. Her other hand gripped the sheets tightly, her hips humping his face as he entered a finger inside of her. She gasped as he curled his finger, brushing against the sensitive bundle of nerves.

“Please, Spike. Enter me. I’m already turned on enough,” she whispered.

Spike gave her snatch another lick before crawling up and capturing her lips with his. He gripped the base of his cock and lined it at her entrance. Staring into her eyes, he thrust in. They both moaned at the union. Buffy scratched her nails down his back, leaving red welts in their wake. He grinned as she sucked on his earlobe as he settled into a quick pace, driving them both insane with pleasure. She was withering and moaning, already having been turned on during her sleep, and he was close already because he had been turned on by the idea of her dreaming about him. Both were eager for release.

He used his blunt teeth to pull on her earlobe then sucked it into his mouth. He pulled away to blow in her ear before whispering, “Buffy, sweetheart, I need blood this morning. Do you mind?”

She frantically shook her head and arched her neck out, giving him full access. He nodded and kissed the side of her neck, feeling guilty she wasn’t offering and he had to ask, but it couldn’t be helped. He sucked on her pressure point, bringing the blood to the surface as he felt her shudder in pleasure. He swirled his hips a few times to bring her off as he plunged his fangs into her neck. Spike took deep pulls of her blood, determined to make this day, a tiny bit, easier on him. He felt her heart falter for a second before he pulled his fangs out, licking the wound as he felt her moving again ready to get him off.

He kissed her on the mouth, sharing the coppery taste of her blood with her. She wasn’t as repelled as she should have been. It wasn’t addicting by any means, but it, also, wasn’t disgusting.

She shuddered at the feeling of being so close to him. His hips began to spasm above her. She knew he was close.

“Cum for me now, Buffy. Cum. luv.” Spike groaned in her ear.

She closed her eyes and allowed pleasure to overcome her so they were able to come together in a spiral of emotions. She closed her eyes and clung to Spike, feeling more lightheaded than normal.

Buffy started to drift off as she heard Spike say, “Today, I have to spend some time with the King. I’m very sorry, Buffy. I wish I could stay all day with you but this must be done or I risk making him angry. The maid will bring you food and you can explore the fortress and village if you would like.”

“I’ll miss you.” she breathed.

He smiled and replied gently brushing her hair from her face, “I’ll miss you, too, luv. Now sleep for now. I have two hours before I have to get up and get ready. I will wake you to say ‘goodbye’. Then I will let the maid know to help you dress.“

With a final yawn, she fell asleep.

He hoped the amount of blood he took from her wouldn’t make her too weak today but he rested easier knowing she would have a leisurely day in the fortress and village and not be fighting off beasts.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Buffy stretched as she rolled out of bed. Spike followed suit and together, in silence, they dressed. He helped her to button up the dress the maid had chosen for her, knowing she would probably be seen outside of the fortress walls. He smiled seeing her in the light tan dress. It was fluffy like the others with lots of layers to make the lower part flare out.

“You look like you are going to a ball without me.” the vampire teased.

She grinned. “I’ll be sure to save you a dance in case you happen to arrive in time for one.”

Spike chuckled as he twirled her around. He caught her by the waist then bent down to whisper in her ear.
“It would be best if you were to save me all of the dances. I will kill whoever touches you.“

Buffy was surprised that she found his comment to be flattering instead of controlling.

She grinned back, wiggling her hips against him. “Only if you promise to make sure you dance every one and not make me become a boring wall flower.”

Spike smirked. “Oh, I grew up around dancing parties. I didn’t actually dance at them, mind you, but I know every dance step and I think I’d have to teach you them, you bloody bint. I do think that it would be fun.“

He nibbled on her ear, causing her to moan out loud. At that moment, the maid entered, looking embarrassed from witnessing an intimate moment. She let Spike know that it was time to leave. Buffy frowned because she didn’t like the idea of spending the day alone. But she did understand that Spike needed to spend time with the King. She saw her lover off with a wave and kiss.

The maid returned a few minutes later, bringing with her some breakfast. The woman smiled at her neck, knowing that meant that Spike had fed already and watched as she ate her meal. She then led Buffy into a room with the strange woman with long white flowing hair. She was wearing the blue dress that sparkled. She almost appeared to be floating in mid-air. Buffy smiled at her beauty. She wished she could tell the lady how beautiful she was but knew nothing she said would be understood.

The lady handed her a necklace and Buffy looked at it strangely, not knowing why she was given it. The lady took the necklace from her hand and clasped it around her neck, only confusing Buffy more. She looked up at the other woman, a confused look on her face.

“Now you can understand us.”

Buffy gasped. “You speak English?”

The lady shook her head and giggled slightly, saying, “No. The necklace acts as a translator. Remember we had used it earlier but I had told you that you couldn’t keep it? The King is allowing you to wear it for the day, as you will be expected to talk to others. You will have to return it when the tours are done. The King is debating on allowing you to wear it for the ball tomorrow as you might be expected to interact with others but he will decide that tomorrow. It will rest in my care normally but today, during your tour, and explorations, you may wear it.”

Buffy felt braver, knowing she could understand the kind lady and made a request, “Will you help Spike, Dawn and I return home when it’s time?”

The lady tossed her white hair behind her shoulder as she nodded, “I’m Engina, the wisest witch in the land and I can help you the moment you three are all free. As long as your mate, Spike you call him, wins all of your freedom. Then I can help you return. Only it might take some work as I have never successfully opened up a portal to another dimension.”

Buffy frowned. “What happens to us if he loses?”

Engina frowned, as well. Her blue eyes seemed to cloud over with trouble, “He didn’t tell you?” Buffy shook her head and Engina explained, “You will be taken in by the King. Both, you and your sister, would be owned by the King until his or your own deaths.”

Buffy straightened herself.

“Well, Spike will just have to win then. He can do it.”

Engina nodded, not knowing what to say. She had made a vow, long ago, not to use her magic to see the future into normal commoners’ lives. She wouldn’t allow herself to make any exceptions with the two warriors who she knew so much about. She was, however, tempted.

“Would you like a tour of the village? I can have my assistant give you a tour of the village now while I am otherwise occupied and then this afternoon, after I have finished the request for the King, I can give you a tour of the fortress.” Engina was tempted to ask Buffy if she knew what her mate was up to this morning but decided against it. It was their issue, not hers. It wouldn’t be right to intrude.

Buffy smiled. “I’d like that. I haven’t seen much of the village, only to walk past it while heading into the gates upon my arrival, and then once walking out. I was unconscious when we returned so I do not remember that trip.”

Engina smiled, standing up as her blue dress flowed to her ankles, “The village is wonderful. I’m certain that you will enjoy it.“ She waved her hand, casting a white fog into the corner of the room and her assistant stepped out of the fog and curtsied. “Tasha, this is Buffy. She would like a tour of the village. She is wearing the necklace so that she is able to understand us. Keep her safe as she is new to this world.”

Tasha nodded, motioning for Buffy to follow her. Buffy turned around to Engina, “Thank you, Engina, for your help and for this necklace. You are a very beautiful lady.”

She smiled and nodded as Buffy turned around to follow Tasha.