Author's Chapter Notes:
Another chapter betaed by Sallyntmare. For those following the story faithfully, it will only be updated once a week on the weekends so be sure to watch for the updates! Thanks and enjoy:)

Chapter 41: Nervous Talks


 
When Buffy arrived back to the room, she was met with the maid delivering a hot meal that smelled delicious. Once her presence was noticed, Spike and the woman acted guilty because of her witnessing such a serious conversation they were having. The maid bowed her head and made a swift exit, leaving the two lovers alone.

The Slayer took a deep breath, trying to get her emotions in check. She knew that now was the time to talk to Spike. There would be no escaping or running away this time.

She timidly walked to the bed to stand next to him where he lay. For now she would avoid the heated conversation that he and the maid seemed to be in. The important thing to do now was to discuss their issues.

“We need to talk,“ she frowned. “Should we go for a walk, or talk here?“

Spike shrugged. “Whatever is easier on you, pet,” he sat up on the bed, lightly grabbing her hand. “I just want this resolved, love. We can talk anywhere you like. I know you sometimes need the mood right, yeah?“ Buffy smiled at his small attempt to smooth over the tension in the room.

“I’d like to talk in the garden. If it’s quiet, that is.“

Buffy turned to leave the room and Spike silently followed behind her. They walked through the castle to the main garden. He sat beside her once she sat down in front of a tree and patted the grass next to her.

To Spike it felt like they were sitting like that for an eternity. Fear filled his mind for one of the few times in his life; it was an emotion he really didn’t like feeling. Buffy still hadn’t said anything so he decided to take action and put everything on the table.

“Buffy, if you expect me to go back to how we were before this trip, you should just let me get Dawn safely out and then stake me. I’ll end up being miserable, and obsessed again. You and I both don’t deserve that.”

Buffy sighed. “Hold that thought and let me talk this out, ok?”

Spike nodded, laying one leg out in front of him while the other he bent at the knee to rest his elbow on it. He cocked his head to the side so he could look at Buffy while she spoke.

The Slayer hugged her knees to her chest.

“I’ve been thinking a lot since we had that fight yesterday. While you were in the wrong for assuming, you had a valid point behind the assumption.” Spike bit his tongue as he was about to talk, but she held up her hand so he let her continue. “We have been together almost every day and every night for sixteen days. To be honest, I can’t think of anyone in my life that I’ve spent sixteen days straight with….” Spike continued to nod in understanding as she spoke. “And we’ve known each other five years. That’s the longest any guy has stayed in my life, besides Xander, and he’s dated a handful of people during that time period and he’s just been a friend,“ a pause, “Point is, I don’t count him.”

It didn’t seem like she was going anywhere with her speech and Spike was getting very anxious.

She hugged her knees tighter to her chest then said, “So what I’m trying to say but doing a poor job of it….” She sighed and repeated to herself quietly but Spike, with his vampire hearing, could clearly make it out, “Remember everyone has choices, you must give choices.” She said louder, “Ok, Dawn said, well forget what Dawn said, going back to Sunnydale isn’t going to be easy and in fact will be hard on everyone involved. I’ve always been drawn to you in some shape or form….”

Spike couldn’t resist speaking up at that statement. “Yeah, we fight perfectly whether it is against each other or side by side. I’ve always had a fascination and attraction to you, luv.“

Buffy nodded. “I guess what I’d like to say is simple: I’d like to try things with you and see where they go.”

Spike looked surprised and expected her to say that she didn’t want them to be together and that she wouldn’t even try.

His mind was spinning as he asked, “What about your friends and your Watcher?”

Buffy shrugged, letting her knees unbend and to cross her ankles out in front of her, “They get to choose how they will react, and I guess in a way their reaction doesn’t matter, as long as it doesn’t hurt either of us. I don’t know how else to do this. I want to be happy, but…can’t I be happy too? Willow has issues, but other than that, they have had their chance to live life and to make their own decisions and now it’s my turn. I’m tired of people telling me what I do is wrong and how I shouldn’t be doing what I’m doing. I’m the Slayer.”

Spike piped up again, unable to help himself, “And if your equal is a vampire, who are they to say anything?”
Buffy turned her head to look at him and repeated, “My equal is a vampire.”

Spike shrugged. “It makes sense. Willow’s equal was a witch. Xander’s was an ex-demon who didn’t fit in to her world either. Why shouldn’t yours be a vampire with strength and power to match your own who can handle a fight side by side?”

Buffy smiled. “I like that statement. Can I use it when my friends try to murder us later on?”

Spike laughed and nodded. “So what does this mean exactly?”

Buffy shrugged as she moved to lay her head against his chest. “It means you get to hold me, make love to me and continue loving me until one or both of us kick the bucket…well in both of our cases kick the bucket again.”

Spike chuckled and stood up, helping Buffy to her feet.
“I got something I want to give you and then I’m dying to make love to you.” Buffy giggled as she placed a kiss on his lips which caused her legs to feel like jell-o.

Spike wrapped his arms around her to keep her standing as he grinned against her ear, “You keep that up and we will be probably thrown in prison for indecent exposure, goldilocks.”

She laughed and backed up to a reasonable distance, taking his hand in hers and rubbing her thumb over his cool palm as they walked side by side. She was really nervous about her future but at least felt better knowing Spike would be at her side for it.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Two blue eyes appeared in the wall following close behind them. The owner of the eyes listened carefully to each word of the conversation. When they started to kiss, she disappeared from sight, wishing to respect their privacy.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



They had barely shut the door to their room before Buffy wrapped her legs around Spike’s waist and kissed him with all of the love and relief she felt. She had made her choice and knew it was the right thing to do, and wanted to show him that she was certain. She kissed his earlobe, sucking it into her mouth as he fumbled with removing both of their clothing. She deserted his earlobe to kiss her way down the side of his neck. When she reached his pressure point she sucked on it roughly, and then licked her way up the side of it.

Spike groaned as he pulled down her panties. “Bloody Hell, Slayer, are you trying to kill me?”

She grinned in response, and then kicked off her boots. She yanked her shirt over her head and shimmied out of her skirt. Buffy stepped out of her panties that Spike had worked down to her knees. She jumped into his arms as soon as he relieved himself of his shirt and vest.

Spike removed his belt and trousers, moaning because of the moisture collecting on his stomach due to the Slayer’s wetness.

She teased him by lowering herself so his cock rubbed against her moist folds, but didn’t let him enter her. Instead, she bent her head so she could suck and bite his nipples, knowing he liked it.

The vampire ran his hands through her hair, whispering and groaning sweet nothings into her ear. She could only make out a few but she was so turned on and focused on making him feel good, she couldn’t focus on his words that much.

She grinned, loving the way she could make him pant for breath, even thought he didn’t need it.

She sucked one of his nipples into her mouth, biting down gently making him gasp. He started to pant more as she licked then blew on his other nipple.

“Buffy, stop, stop I can’t take this,“ he growled.

He vamped out as she finally lowered herself onto his aching member. He slammed her against the wall and curled his hands into tight fists as she began to rock against him, using the wall as leverage. He growled again as she sucked his earlobe into her mouth, and then shuddered as she ran her barefoot along his back.

His eyes closed in ecstasy as her inner muscles began to quiver and tighten around him. She was squeezing him like a vise as she made her way closer to orgasm. He helped her by rubbing her clit as she continued to rock against him.

She threw her head back and screamed as a powerful orgasm came over her. He purred into her neck, letting her come down from her high, and then bit into her pulse point, causing her to scream in pleasure again. He took fast pulls of her blood until her muscles relaxed around him. He licked her neck to close the wounds as he carried them to the bed.

Once he laid her on the bed, he started kissing and sucking her nipples.

“I love every bit of your body, Buffy. I love the way your skin tingles and turns red when embarrassed or turned on like now. I love the way your muscles are so strong and can kick the hell out of someone, or can hold on tight around me as we make love. I love the way your eyes are so green and show your emotion in them, even when you are trying to hide your feelings,“ he grazed a hand over her hardened peeks. “Your nipples are amazing and respond the slightest touch or breath.”

Buffy moaned, arching her hips to drive his cock deeper inside of her, causing him to shudder in pleasure.

He groaned out her name, giving up on words, and focused on both of their pleasure as she withered under him. She was about to reach her third orgasm of the night. Her muscles contracted around him and he knew that he wouldn’t be able to last this time.

Spike licked the other side of her neck that she was offering him, and then slid his fangs inside, taking more of her blood and sending her over the edge. He barely took a sip before pulling his fangs out so he could roar his release.

She relaxed against him as he pulled her into his lap. Snuggling against him, she offered the side of the neck he just bit and he willing accepted it, re-sinking his fangs into her taking slow pulls as they held hands.

After a few pulls of blood, he had his fill, and licked the wound closed and kissed her forehead as he whispered, “I’ll never get enough of your love-filled blood Buffy. I promise as long as I live, I’ll never forget what you’ve done for me, Buffy, or the taste of your blood. Love makes it so much sweeter than fear.”

Buffy smiled and closed her eyes, wondering for a brief moment how harmful it would be to forever let him feed from her. In Sunnydale he wouldn't have to depend on her blood anymore but she wanted to savor and always enjoy the bond that was created whenever he fed from her. It always felt like she was a part of him and he a part of her. She never wanted to lose that. She suddenly felt relaxed as the feeling of his fingers drawing circles over her hand began clear. Feeling safe, she fell asleep in his arms.