Author's Chapter Notes:
Another chapter betaed by Brittany. Thanks!

Chapter 5: How the Lost Get Clean



Buffy awoke surprisingly warm and very comfortable. She snuggled in closer and felt the grip around her tighten. She frowned trying to remember what was going on. The only person who made her feel this way was…she opened her eyes and looked around. Sure enough she was snuggled in Spike’s arms, safe and comfortable. She tried to remember falling asleep in his arms but for the life of her she couldn’t remember. She then noticed the fire that had gone out and then reality came crashing down on her. She was in a cave in the middle of another dimension where the blood was bad, food was weird and she was lost. Dawn was somewhere in this dimension possibly hurt or dead and they were alone with Spike to save them. She sighed as she thought about the fact she hadn’t even given a second thought as to who she wanted by her side.

The choice was obvious; she had wanted Spike by her side. Not Xander or Willow, her best friends but instead an evil blood sucking fiend who right now hadn’t feed in well over a day. She sighed once again as she stayed in his arms thinking about how things had changed between her and Spike. She didn’t want them to in a way. She wanted to pride herself in being strong and above feelings. She had managed quite well with Riley. She hadn’t felt much for him. He filled a gap and did okay as long as you didn’t count the fact she had to go kill vampires to work off all the energy before bed.

She smiled thinking that with Spike she never had to worry about that. The first night she had slept through the night after not patrolling was that night in the house. She squirmed a little thinking about it. She felt Spike stir behind her and before she could jump up she heard him chuckle, “Need a bit of cold comfort there?”

Buffy jumped out of his arms fast and spun around looking at him noticing she was still dressed and was a bit surprised as she yelled, “I do not need anything from you, not comfort, not warmth and definitely not any ‘cold comfort’ as you put it.”

Spike chuckled and looked down at her skirt, “Your body disagrees, love. You should listen to it sometimes.”

She took a step back hitting the wall as she stated, “My body does not disagree with me. I’m in total agreement. I’m all agreeable so you’re wrong!”

Spike chuckled even harder, “My nose doesn’t lie, love.”

Buffy glared at him as he tapped his nose and she shifted a bit, “I was having a good dream and it’s the result of that. It has nothing to do with you.”

Spike laughed knowing she was squirming in his arms because she was awake not because of some silly dream. Spike was smart enough to realize he wasn’t going to get anywhere with her so he changed the subject. He leaned back on his arms with them folded behind his head, “Sleep okay, pet? I slept really well. I’m thinking as long as you aren’t as starved as I am, that we can head further up the cliff today and see how far we can make it before nightfall. I’m not understanding why we aren’t seeing any sign of their traveling. I mean the bit has to leave a bloody trail. We aren’t seeing them further up on the cliff but perhaps we missed them by a few bleeding minutes or something.”

Buffy sighed because she was hungry but knew Spike was hungrier. She shrugged, “I can go without food for a few hours until we find something to save time. I kind of want to find Dawn and get out of here soon.”

Spike was kind of enjoying the sunlight but wished Dawn was safe before he enjoyed it. He nodded standing up. He pulled on his leather jacket and boots. Buffy bent down, slipping on her boots and drew her jacket around her. Spike went over to the water source and sipped some water and she followed drinking some as well. She was thirsty and the cool water felt good going down her throat. She wished she could bathe in it but she didn’t want to do so in front of Spike anyway. The temptation was just too great and hopefully they could get out of here within the next day so a bath would just have to wait. She frowned as she looked over at Spike and noticed he didn’t want to wait and was already sitting in the low water washing off his body. The water covered nothing and didn’t leave anything to the imagination and she felt herself react. She frowned really wanting a bath now.

Spike looked her up and down, “You going to sit and watch me while staying dirty all day or join me?”

Buffy frowned at the words ‘join me’ but requested, “Turn around.”

Spike shrugged knowing that he’d see everything in a second when she sat her body down next to him since it was a small pool and wouldn’t cover anything other than a bit of her butt and some of her ankles but nonetheless turned around. Buffy dropped her skirt and underwear in a pile as well as her jean jacket and shirt. She leaned down unlacing her boots, pulling off her socks and stepped into the water letting out a squeal at how cold the water really was. Spike heard her squeal and turned around making sure she was okay before realizing she was just making a fuss over the cold of the water. He was mostly grateful the cold didn’t affect him. There were some definite advantages to not feeling the heat or cold. He handed her another piece of his torn shirt and watched her as she dipped it into the cold water and washed her neck. She frowned, “You going to watch me bathe the whole time?”

Spike smirked and wagged his eyebrow, “I could help if you would prefer that to watching.”

Buffy rolled her eyes and tried to turn sideways in the pool of water only to realize there was just no way for her to do that. She growled a bit in frustration but gave up closing her eyes so she wouldn’t see him watching and proceeded to wash herself. With her eyes closed, she could imagine she was taking a cold bath back home and that she was alone but unfortunately the Spike tingles on the back of her neck didn’t disappear even if her sight did. She let out a deep breath and opened her eyes looking at him, “If you are going to stare at me, at least be useful and wash my back.” Spike watched as she leaned forward and he didn’t hesitate as he washed her back barely touching the edges of her breasts with each movement down.

She closed her eyes at the sensation, enjoying the sensual feeling of it until he reached around and tweaked her nipples. She opened her eyes and stared at him, “That was not an invitation that I was going to have sex with you.”

Spike laughed and wrapped his arms around her neck and gave her a kiss that she openly responded to and moaned into his mouth. He deepened the kiss feeling her desire fuel him as he felt himself being pushed back into the rocks as she moved over him to straddle him. He groaned as he kissed down her neck and took a cold nipple into his mouth. She wasted no time in positioning him at her entrance and lowering herself down on him so he entered her fully on the first try. Both of them stared into each other’s eyes amazed at how perfect they still fit and allowed themselves a moment to adjust before he started moving his hips expecting her to meet his rhythm. He was not disappointed as she immediately caught on to his rhythms and continued as he took her other nipple into her mouth bringing up one of his hands to massage her second breast. His other hand was helping guide her and holding her upright so that she could continue to rock on him driving them both into pleasure. He licked her neck feeling an uncontrollable urge to bite her but didn’t want to break her trust like that so didn’t. He instead contented himself with sucking on her neck giving her a hickey as he lowered his hand down to the other side of her hip forcing her into a faster motion.

She moaned out his name as she started to fight the sensations she was having. Spike had learned that this meant she was close and he swirled his hips to rub her clit driving her over the edge into a spiraling orgasm, which set off his as well. Both of them yelled out each other’s names in the heat of passion and he felt Buffy’s weight collapse on him. He stood up on wobbly legs and took her out of the cold water and wrapped her in his arms to try to warm her now shivering form.