Author's Chapter Notes:
Almost there!

Chapter 59: The Big Day



A Year Later:

Buffy stood in front of a mirror and gazed at her form. She was wearing a silk wedding gown that hugged tightly to her curves. The top dropped down in an a-line and a simple design of lace created a high neckline and sleeves. She looked the perfect image of elegance,

The only item missing was a veil. Her mother and she had searched for ages for the perfect veil, but none seemed good enough for the silk gown. With a grin, her mother waltzed into the room and handed her a white box that was tied with a blue ribbon. Inside was the prefect veil: it was a long flowing lace veil, beautiful. Joyce explained that it was a gift from the powers that be.

Joyce helped her pin the veil to her wavy hair before clasping a pearl necklace around her daughter’s neck. Anya had let her borrow the pearls that she had picked up while on her honeymoon with Xander.

Their wedding had almost not taken place because a demon disguised as a Xander from the future showed Xander horrible lies. Luckily for all of them, Spike was able to smell the man and know for certain that he was actually a demon. Chaos had broken out as Buffy and Spike killed the demon. The vampire gave Xander a pep talk, making it clear to the boy that Anya and he were just right for each other and he’d be daft not to marry her.

Anya cooed over Buffy’s dress and asked her, “Do you know what you are going to say for your vows yet?”

“No, I plan to speak from my heart; they will come when the time is right.“

“That’s the best kind of vows,” Tara said, and Willow agreed.

“Aren’t you nervous you won’t know what to say?” Dawn questioned with concern.

Buffy only shook her head in response as Willow dashed out of the room to check on the men. She walked in to a mini disaster as all the men were ranting about their ties. None of the men could tie one properly. Willow smiled as she tied each of their ties, silently admiring how handsome they all looked.

“Do you know what your vows will be?” Willow asked Spike.

“I’m hoping William will help me out with that. He’s the one that’s a sappy romantic,“ he and Willow laughed at his attempt at humor. Willow thought that he and Buffy were so alike at times.

“You guys ready?“ After receiving a nod from the men she continued, “Give me a minute and I’ll get Tara so then you three can go out. Giles you should come with me. Joyce is in with her now,” she giggled as she watched Giles clean his glasses for what had to have been the fifteenth time-which she had witnessed. The men nodded again as Willow breezed out of the room with Giles in tow and back into Buffy’s room.

Buffy and Spike decided to get married in her backyard. Spike had spent the last year growing a beautiful flower garden. It was filled with beautiful bulbs and seeds from the other dimensions they had visited, as well as seeds from this world. Centered at the front was a gazebo that Xander had built. It was the perfect setting for their wedding. On Spike’s side Tara, Xander and Clem were meant to stand. And one Buffy’s side Willow, Anya and Dawn were going to stand.

Buffy was standing inside the house with her mother and Giles, both were giving her away.

“You look beautiful and I know Spike will make you happy. I secretly always hoped you would choose him because he adored you so and he’s such a fine young man. Hard to imagine him not a vampire since he still has that way about him but I’m glad to see you are finally happy, Buffy,” Joyce hugged her daughter and caused Buffy to sniffle.

Dawn stated, “No crying, you will ruin your makeup.”

Anya rushed over with her wash cloth gently washing the mascara from Buffy’s eyes and tried to refresh it as Buffy made a face not liking all the fuss over her. Dawn giggled at her facial expression and Willow bounced into the room. “You girls ready?”

Buffy took a deep breath. “Definitely.” Everyone in the room admired how she seemed to glow.

Dawn twirled around in her pastel pink dress with a grin. “I’m ready to see Spike in a penguin suit.”

Buffy nudged her younger sister. “Don’t make fun of him. I’m sure he will look amazing.”

“I’ll go tell the guys we are ready. Good luck, Buffy!” Tara gave the bride to be a hug and exited the room.

Buffy looked at herself in the mirror with a smile. She was getting married to Spike. It was amazing how much her life had changed in the last year and half. She had been brought back to life and given a second chance to live. She had gotten involved in a relationship with a vampire, only to have him turned into a slayer like human with vampire senses. The happiest of the news was that she was two months pregnant. She had yet to tell anyone, only Spike knew. She couldn’t hide something like that from him because first of all he could hear her thoughts and second of all, he could hear the baby’s heartbeat. She couldn’t wait for her wedding to be done and for her to be Mrs. Buffy Pratt.

She heard the music and she beamed at her mother and Giles. Willow and Anya walked out of the door and disappeared down the stairs. Next, Dawn waved towards Buffy and did the same. Once Dawn disappeared out the door, Buffy knew it was her cue to go.

She took a deep breath, walking down the stairs with Joyce and Giles behind her. She walked to the door and once outside they each took an elbow and walked her gracefully down the aisle.

Spike's breath was taken away as he watched Buffy walk closer and closer to him. The idea that she was going to finally belong to him as a wife was truly amazing. He was thankful that he got the time he did with her in that world away from her friends so she could be herself and really see him as he was. She seemed stronger now too and able to stand up for herself. He would soon be a husband and a father to their unborn child. He smiled at her proud to be able to soon call her his wife and for the world to recognize what he already knew, he was the luckiest bloke on the world to have Buffy for his mate and wife.

Buffy looked up at her smiling mate and knew she was making the right choice. Without Dawn getting thrown into that world, she would have probably never been able to see Spike through her own eyes instead of those of her judgmental friends. Now she would be able to fully live her life together with Spike and she was sure they would live happily ever after. If she would admit it to herself, she felt her life was honestly perfect. Plus Spike looked good enough to eat standing next to her. He looked dashingly handsome and she knew without a doubt that her and bitty Buffy, as Spike liked to call the quickly growing baby, were the luckiest people in the world to belong to Spike.

Both Joyce and Giles looked proud when the preacher turned towards them and asked who gives away Buffy and they both answered, ’We do.’ Buffy was happy her mother was able to share this day with her. She was so grateful that she had been given such an amazing gift as being able to have her mother there on her special day.
 
Buffy took a deep breath, knowing it was time for her vows. She looked out at the small crowd of people. There were demons and humans alike. Angel and his gang were in the back aisle looking awkward but since it was a nighttime ceremony it didn’t bother Angel. The gang included: Illyria, Gunn, Wesley, Lorne, and even Harmony.

Oz and his band had turned up for the occasion but were keeping their distance from Willow, knowing she moved on. Clem had brought some buddies along with a new girlfriend to the ceremony. Willy sat in the back row next to a few people he brought along. Whether they were humans or just looked like humans, no one was sure. and even Dru along with her chaos demon turned up for the big day.

D’Hoffryn and Hallie and a few other girls, whom Buffy didn’t know by name, were sitting towards the front. Xander had invited a few of the guys from work but only two had chosen to attend knowing how strange Xander’s ‘other friends’ were.

In the front rows were three familiar faces-Engina, Titana, and Ogie-who were visiting from the other dimension since Dawn had managed to open up the portal to their place and allow them in for the day.

Connor was sitting in the front rows with them as he had come as Dawn’s guest since they had hit it off during Dawn’s accidental visit. She was lonely and was trying out her new powers in hopes to meet the boy of her dreams. She had carefully imagined someone similar to Spike. She wanted someone stronger than human but not a vampire. She wanted someone who had vampire senses but still had compassion and a soul. She wanted someone who was her age and who would understand who she was and what she was going through- someone that could support her. After casting this, she had landed in L.A. in the middle of battle, which Connor had prevailed but only after Dawn had gotten knocked aside by a vampire. Connor had killed the vampire and rushed to her side to see if she was ok and they had talked for hours. This had been the start of the perfect relationship in Dawn’s eyes. Someone who understood what she was going through of being unique but still a teenager.

To protect all these visitors from the nighttime life, Engina had set up a barrier as to protect the sacred ceremony so any slaying could wait until after the celebration.

Buffy turned back to her future husband and grinned widely before speaking.