Author's Chapter Notes:
This is almost the end. My beta needs a break so these last two chapters are not betaed. Hopefully they are readable and understandable. I just wanted to make sure you guys got to see the end of it. I'm hoping to be able to post another story soon so stay tuned! Until then, enjoy the last two chapters.

Chapter 60: Til Death Do Us Part



Buffy caught Angel’s eye and saw the reluctant approval in his eyes and she smiled at Spike and declared, “When I was a little girl, I dreamed of marrying the perfect guy who would love me and devote his life to me and me to his. I had an easy childhood and even the beginning of my teenage years were easy but as many of you know, life got tough and hard and my life was in danger almost constantly. I had friends who cared for me and about me but no real equal that was willing to stand by my side until Spike. Spike was put on his earth to kill me but instead he chose to protect me and did so even at the risk of his own life. He is my soul mate and completes me. When I was dead and brought back to life, I was bitter and broken. I didn’t think I’d never love again and didn’t think I could. Spike saved me in more ways than one. He told me once, ‘Everyday I save you’ and he is right, everyday he saves me. He brought me back to life and showed me how good life could be.”

She smiled taking Spike’s hands in hers saying into his eyes, “Spike, my sweet William, I love you and probably have long before I admitted it and I always will. You are the perfect mate and husband for me and I can’t wait to spend my forever with you. I pledge to this day to love you, protect you, and care for you as long as I shall live.”

Spike smiled at Buffy and wiped away the tears that had fallen to her cheeks as well as his own.

He turned to the congregation knowing exactly what he wanted to say, “This woman who stands in front of you all, was a dream to me. All my life and unlife I dreamed of finding someone who would love me as much as I loved them and who would complete me in every way. Buffy was this person. When I first saw her, her beauty amazed me and when I first talked to her, I was surprised by her strength. She saves this world everyday without asking for anything in return and she risks her life for the good that sometimes others can’t see. Buffy changed my life forever and gave me the strength to be what and who I am today. Without her, I’d probably be dust in the wind but beside her, I can be a champion and her hero. Buffy is an amazing woman and honestly, I ask myself everyday what I did to deserve her and I still have yet to come up with anything.”

He turned towards Buffy and with his voice filled with emotion spoke to her, “Buffy, luv, you are my everything. I pledge for the rest of my life and hopefully beyond, to love you, worship you and protect you from everything I can. I will fight by your side until the day the world ends both of our lives and will give you the best life there ever was. I can’t promise I’m the best person for you but I can promise you that there is no one in this world who will be more dedicated and who will love you as much as I do.”

Spike had to wiped away the tears in both of their eyes again as the preacher continued. Spike heard the preacher declare them husband and wife and wasted no time taking Buffy into his arms and kissing her passionately.

The preacher stuttered before the congregation cheered as Spike didn’t even break the kiss to think towards her, ‘you look beautiful Buffy. I’ll remember you like this forever.’

Buffy moaned against his lips thinking back, ‘You don’t look too bad yourself.’

They reluctantly broke apart the kiss as Dawn cleared her voice, “Save it for the bedroom guys!”


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Spike carefully fed Buffy a piece of the cake only to smear icing on her lips then proceeded to lick it off with kisses. Buffy did the same only putting a dot on his nose that she kissed off.

She thought to Spike, ‘Imagine if we add icing to your chocolate syrup and whipped cream adventures.’

Spike groaned as he thought back, ‘Honeymoon baby, all the way.’

Caught off guard, Buffy moaned at the images Spike sent to her and looked up noticing her friends staring at her. She looked embarrassed and Dawn shook her head,

“At least we don’t have to hear the nasty thoughts you guys share. We just get to see the amusing after affect of being embarrassed.”

Connor grinned wrapping his arm around Dawn to take her to dance on the patch of grass dedicated to the dance floor. Spike and Buffy followed knowing they needed to do much more dancing to work off the calories of the wedding cake.


@}-'--, --'--, --'--, -{@



Later that night, Buffy sat in her night clothes snuggled next to Spike with Dawn resting her head against Joyce’s shoulder holding Connor’s hand.

Joyce frowned, “Girls, it’s time for me to go. It’s been a beautiful day and I’m so happy to see how well you girls turned out.”

Buffy stood up rushing over to give the now standing Joyce a huge hug. Tears poured down her cheeks as she said, “I’ll miss you mommy. I tried to turn out well for you.”

Joyce put her hand against Buffy’s cheek, “You did beautifully and I’m very proud of you and what you do. I get to watch your heroic acts from heaven sometimes. I’m responsible for taking in the newly deceased and sometimes that overlaps with your duties as slayers. The work you and Spike do, dear, is amazing and please remember that.”

Buffy didn’t bother to wipe her eyes as she was hearing the words she needed to hear for years. Joyce smiled as she whispered, “Take care of Dawn but I know she will turn out well. You and Spike have done well with her. She’s developed into a strong young woman and she has you to thank for that. You taught her strength and compassion and it will serve her well.”

Dawn threw herself at Joyce who hugged her tight placing a kiss on her head and wiping away her tears, “Dawnie, you mind Buffy and listen because she still has much to teach you. Continue in your schooling and you as well Buffy.”

Spike smiled and spoke up, “I’ll make sure they do mum. They will have the best schooling possible.” Joyce smiled at Spike as she pulled him in for a hug, “Thank you for taking such good care of my daughters.”

She whispered in Spike’s ear so only he could hear, “Remember even though Buffy appears strong, she will always need a protector as will your future children. Never let their stubbornness get in the way. You are her savoir.”

Spike nodded respectfully at Joyce, “Take care mum and thanks for always treating me like a man.” Joyce smiled, “You always were a man, just for a while with a great disadvantage.”

Spike felt honored by what she said and stepped back as Joyce turned to Connor, “I never met you but I’m pleased you are with my daughter, Dawn. Take good care of her and you have my blessing to someday marry her if you so choose.”

She pulled Connor on for a hug when he offered her his hand and he awkwardly patted her back. Joyce stepped back, “Be strong and remember just because you can’t see your dead loved ones anymore, doesn’t mean they can’t see you.”

She gave one last smile before she faded away. Buffy turned her head towards Spike and cried finally feeling free of the guilt she felt for years for being a bad daughter. Dawn nodded to Connor who followed her outside to the garden leaving Spike and Buffy alone.

Buffy looked at Spike smiling, “I love you William Pratt.” Spike grinned, “I love you Buffy Pratt.” He swept Buffy into his arms carefully carrying her upstairs to start the rest of their lives together.