Author's Chapter Notes:
I wanted to introduce a very loved character into this, he will make his official debut in the next chapter but I'm sure you can all guess who it is.
Spike was on the hunt. All his thoughts were on Angelus, and the pain he would inflict on him when he found him. He could sense his Grandsire was near, and Spike knew he was just bidding his time. Then, he felt his presence behind him.

"Angelus," Spike growled, as he turned to face the older vampire.

"Willy, my boy. How have you been?" Angelus asked in a sinister voice.

"I've been just peachy, mate. However, I have recently discovered that my Slayer had a rather interesting encounter with you."

"Spike... you never did learn. What about this is so complicated for you to understand? Everything you've had, I had first. Buffy will never be yours, just as Drusilla was never truly yours."

At this, Spike's eyes darkened with a murderous gleam.

"She's not yours either pops, never was. Girl needs a little monster in her man, not a bloody psychopath. She will never go back to you."

"Really now? That's not what her body told me. Surely you could smell her. All those succulent juices flowing... all because of me. For me." Angelus sneered.

"Slayer's mine! You'd best remember that, mate." Spike retorted furiously.

"No, Spike. See, what you don't realize, is that soon, she won't even be alive. I will turn her, and when that happens, not a bone in her body will fight me. I've made sure of that."

"What the bloody hell do you mean?" Spike asked nervously.

"Let's just say... I have my connections. But make no mistake, Spike, Buffy will be mine." And with that, the vampire left, leaving behind a dumbfounded Spike.

*********************************

Buffy could no longer stand the worry. She was about to go out looking for Spike, when he burst through the door.

"Spike! Oh my god, I've been so worried. What happened?" she asked desperately, but had no chance to continue her onslaught of questions as the blonde vampire led her into Giles' bedroom and locked the door. As he did so, he heard the complaints from everyone in the living room, but decided to ignore them.

"Spike, it's not what you think... I mean, I never meant to... he just--"

"Buffy! If you say another word, I swear I will kill you with my bare hands!" Spike bellowed.

Buffy watched the vampire in silence, knowing how disappointed he was.

"Now," Spike continued, "I did talk to Angelus, and while I would have liked to pummel the wanker into the bloody ground, he said some interesting things. Luv, I want you to tell me what happened when you ran into him. I smelled the general situation, trust me, but I need details."

"Spike... I- I never meant for this to happen. I just saw him and... well he started coming near me and then, I just couldn't hold back. Then, he said he smelled you on me and started ranting about how I was his and we would see each other again." She explained worriedly.

"Like hell, you will! Slayer, I don't think you're reaction to him was natural. I- I think he's controlling you somehow."

"Oh, thank god! I mean, yeah, the bad boy thing was always a little sexy about him, but I never thought I would let him... well you know." She blushed.

"Buffy... what exactly did he do to you?" Spike snarled.

"He... he touched me." She whispered.

A loud roar emanated from Spike's throat.

"We are doing something about this, now!" he growled, fighting to keep his demon at bay.

"Well, what do you suggest we do?" Buffy inquired.

"There's this demon in L.A. I've heard of. They call him The Host. He sets people on the right path, can see their future and whatnot. We're going to him. If there's a way to know what Angelus plans to do, it's him."

"Okay, when do we leave?"

"Now."

**********************************

Buffy had finally finished packing all of her necessities, and was now bringing a small suitcase to Spike's DeSoto, which was conveniently parked in front of her driveway.

"Buffy, are you sure you wish to do this? For all you know, Spike could very well be lying to you. You musn't trust him." Giles ranted, following her down the stairs.

"Yes, Giles, I'm sure. And for the love of god, would all of you please stop telling me that I can't trust Spike? He helped all of you with everything you needed while I was gone. How about you show some damn gratitude!" she yelled, leaving her former watcher stunned.

"Goodbye, Giles. Take care of Dawn while I'm gone." And with that, she closed the door behind her.

*******************************

The trip to Los Angeles was silent. Neither Spike nor Buffy wanting to speak of what had occurred. Finally, Buffy broke under the stillness of it all.

"Spike?" she asked tentatively.

"Yeah, Slayer?" he responded just as softly.

Buffy frowned at the name he used for her.

"Spike, I'm sorry. I can see that you're upset with me and you don't know how much that bothers me. I- I need you to love me, Spike. If you stop loving me... what happens then?" by the time she was done speaking, her cheeks were flooded by the tears that were spilling.

Spike, seeing this, pulled over immediately and taking off her seat-belt, pulled her onto his lap.

"Sweetheart, I will never stop loving you. Couldn't even if I wanted to. I once told you that I was drowning in you, Buffy. That hasn't changed. I can't imagine not being with you, kitten. I promise you, if there is some sort of supernatural reason behind your reaction to the poof, we will find it... and we will stop it." Spike said, hoping to soothe her.

"I just feel so... disgusting. The way he touched me... the things he said... and I did nothing to stop him. It's like I couldn't. I actually wanted him, Spike! The thought of it makes me want to throw up."

"Luv, I really don't think you had a choice in that. I'm pretty sure he was working some heavy mojo on you."

"Spike... what did he say to you?" she questioned.

Spike stared at her for a moment. Should he tell her of Angelus' plans to turn her? No, she was already too sensitive. He would wait to see what The Host said.

"It doesn't matter, Buffy. He won't have you... I swear."


Chapter End Notes:
So?