Author's Chapter Notes:
I have been nominated at the Reader's Have Chosen Awards! For my story Early One Morning Just As The Sun Was Rising. Here is the link.

http://thereadershavechosen.eternflame.com/forum/index.php?topic=1383.0

Wow, I want to say thank you to the people that have voted for me. It is an awesome honor to have you guys think that my story is worth an award. Thank you! Please vote!

Thanks as always to xoChantelly for her awesome beta work and banners! xoxoxo
Spike and Buffy reached L.A. just before sunrise.

"Alright, now we find a hotel to stay in until sunset, then we go to this bar that you're talking about." Buffy stated.

"Where to, luv?"

Buffy directed him to where she wished to stay, and they drove the rest of the way in silence.

**********************************

Buffy awoke just before sunrise. She turned to her side to see Spike still sound asleep.

"Spike?"

"Yeah, kitten?" he responded immediately.

"Oh! I thought you were sleeping." She whispered.

"Been awake for a while, was just resting my eyes, is all."

"Okay... you ready?"

Spike's eyes opened, engulfing her in their blue depths.

"I am... let's go."

******************************

They reached the bar just after 7pm.

"Caritas? What kind of name is that?" Buffy inquired with a confused look.

"Don't rightly know, Slayer. Just know that our bloke is here."

"Okay."

They stepped out of the car, and made their way to the front door. After hesitating for a moment, they finally stepped in.

The place was like nothing Buffy had ever seen. There were demons everywhere, yet none of them seemed to take heed to her. Maybe they didn't know she was the Slayer. To the right, there was a large bar, and right ahead, there was a stage where a demon was singing karaoke to his favorite tune, which he happened to be butchering.

"That's our demon." Spike stated, pointing to a green demon with red horns at the end of the bar.

They both walked towards him, and stopped just before they reached him.

"Hello, mate... looking for The Host. Assume that's you, yeah?" Spike inquired.

The demon turned instantly, a bright smile on his lips.

"Well, aren't you two just cute and cuter? Welcome, pumpkins... I had a feeling you were coming. Oh, and please, call me Lorne."

Buffy spoke up at that. "Okay... Lorne... I'm Buffy, the Slayer, and this is Spike. We're here because--"

"I know why you're here, sugarplum." The demon interjected.

"I heard all about Angel Cakes going coo coo for cocoa puffs. Now don't you worry your pretty little head, sweetums, I'll help you as best I can."

"Oh... okay, but, shouldn't we do this somewhere with less... demons?" Buffy asked.

Lorne laughed at that.

"It's not a problem, princess, the whole place has a spell on it that allows no violence. Now, what are you going to sing for me?" he inquired joyously.

"Sing?!" Buffy and Spike replied in unison, horrified.

"Well of course, that's how I read you."

******************************

After almost half an hour of deciding, Buffy finally picked out her song. She sang it directly to Lorne, letting the anger of the lyrics, as well as her current situation wash over her.

"'Cause the joke that you laid
On the bed that was me
And I'm not gonna fade
As soon as you close your eyes
and you know it
And every time I scratch my nails
Down someone else's back
I hope you feel it...well can you feel it?"

As Buffy sang, Lorne stared at Spike.

"Boy... she's a fiery one. She seems very upset about what's happened."

"That she is, mate. Slayer hates feeling like she's being controlled."

"Well, I'm here to remind you
Of the mess you left when you went away
It's not fair to deny me
Of the cross I bear that you gave to me
You, you, you oughta know"

When Buffy finally got offstage, the whole room was clapping, including Spike, who had never known his Slayer could rock out like that.

"Ramon, another Seabreeze, would ya, pumpkin?" Lorne instructed his bartender.

"Okay... so?" Buffy asked nervously.

"I need to hear him." The demon stated pointing at Spike.

"Why?!" the vampire blurted out.

"Because, gorgeous, she gave me half the picture, now I need your half."

"Oh, bugger."

As Spike got on the stage, Buffy looked at him adoringly.

"You love him don't you?"

Buffy's eyes locked with Lorne's at his comment.

"Yes."

"A little advice, muffin, don't wait too long to tell him. You two belong together."

"Thanks," Buffy whispered, managing to turn her head back around just a Spike began to sing.

"I'm not the one who's so far away
When I feel the snake bite enter my veins.
Never did I wanna be here again,
And I don't remember why I came."

Buffy was instantly hypnotized by the haunting melody.

"Candles raise my desire,
Why I'm so far away.
No more meaning to my life,
No more reason to stay."

Lorne seemed to be in deep thought as he watched the vampire sing.

"Demons dreaming,
Breathe in, breathe in...
I'm coming back again..."

Spike looked at Buffy as he continued to bear his soul for Lorne.

"Voodoo, voodoo, voodoo, voodoo."

When the vampire was finally done, he slowly left the stage, wanting nothing more than to get the information they needed, so they could stop Angelus.

"Well, aren't you just a stud muffin with the angelical chords?" Lorne chirped, causing both Buffy and Spike to give him a look.

"Right, not exactly the best thing to say considering who you're dealing with."

"Alright, tell us what we need to know." Buffy asked as she paced.

"Okay children, sit and I shall tell all."

When they all got comfortable in their seats, Lorne began.

"Now, look, kiddies, things are gonna get ugly real fast. With Angel no longer being... well... Angel. Buffy, there are some things you need to know. The only way you're going to get out of this alive, is with blonde and scrumptious here."

"You mean, I'm gonna need Spike?" she raised a confused eyebrow.

"Oh, more than need sweetie pie... I can't tell you much, but what I can say, is that you and him will need to be united in every way possible to overcome this." Then, Lorne turned towards Spike.

"I'm sure you know what I mean, Spike. If you don't, you'll figure it out." Now, he directed his attention at both of them.

"Angelus' main goal is to sire the Slayer. He wants to--"

"What?!" Buffy yelped.

"Well, if you settle down, sugar, I can explain things to you. Now, he wants this, because a turned Slayer along his side, well... that would make him unstoppable. He has been using a little orb called the Rhodian Orb to control you. It makes you susceptible to him. Makes you experience feelings of lust for him."

At this, Buffy blushed.

"His intent, is to make you susceptible enough to be able to turn you without a fight."

"Right then, so how do we stop him? We just smash this orb thing?" Spike asked worriedly.

"Sadly, it's not that simple. While part of it is destroying the orb, Angel could still find ways to claim her. The only way she will be safe, is if she belongs to someone else."

"Wait, what do you mea--" but Buffy's question was cut off when an employee called out Lorne's name.

"Sorry darlings, but that's all I can tell you." Then he gave Spike a pointed stare.

"You'll know what to do."


Chapter End Notes:
Did ya like it?