Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy
“My goddess, Buffy, are you certain?” Tara exclaimed.

“I know what I saw, Tara. One minute I was—“ Buffy paused, not wanting her friend to have any knowledge of her tryst with Spike. “I was fine… a-and the next it was this blinding pain. I saw things that made no sense, things I’ve never lived through. But… it all seemed so… real.”

Tara patted Buffy’s back soothingly in an effort to calm her.

“Maybe they are visions of what could happen, scenarios of what might unfold. The question is, who is showing you these events, and why?” she pondered.

“I dunno, but whoever it is, it’s not the PTB, I don’t think. If it was, they would have just sent Whistler, or someone equally annoying.”

“Yes, that’s true.” Tara agreed, having heard of the demon before, though she wasn’t really paying attention to what Buffy was saying, as she was concentrated on trying to figure out these apparent visions.

“Tara, if what I saw… if Willow…” she trailed off, not knowing what else to say.

“I am not sure if what you saw will come to pass, Buffy, but I can promise you that I will try my best to make sure Willow never reaches that point. We all know she’s been having issues, but it won’t get that bad. Willow’s a good person, Buffy.” The witch assured her.

“I-I know, Tara, it’s just—“


”You think you can just do that to me? You think I'd let you get away with that? Think again!”

Buffy spasmed as she heard the gunshot and felt the bullet go in. Within seconds she had broken out into a cold sweat. She could feel the blood pooling on her chest. “Oh, god, I’m dying.” She thought.

“Oh, god! Oh, no! Please… please, come on! Come on, Tara! Please, come on, baby.” Buffy was suddenly standing on the second floor of her house. Tara was laying limp in Willow’s arms, a gaping bullet wound in her chest. The Slayer tried to stop the tears, but they fell. A black cloud formed over Willow’s head, and when the witch looked up, her eyes were pitch black.

“By Osiris, I command you, bring her back. Hear me, keeper of darkness!” Suddenly, a face formed from the thunderstorm-like mist.

“Witch! How dare you invoke Osiris in this task?”

“Please, please bring her back.” Willow begged, the tears streaming down her cheeks.

“You may not violate the laws of natural passing.” The face responded in a fearsome voice.

“How—How is this natural?” the witch asked desperately.

“It is a human death, by human means!”

“But, I—“

“You raised one killed by mystical forces, this is not the same. She is taken by natural order. It is done!”

“No, there has to be a way…” she sobbed.

“It is done!!!” The voice thundered.

“NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!” Willow yelled, and as she did, something resembling a vortex came forth from her mouth and went straight for the giant face, making it scream in pain, and promptly disappear.



“Buffy! Buffy!”

At the screaming of her name her eyes snapped open.

“Oh god, Tara.” Buffy cried as she held the girl. She had seen Tara’s limp, lifeless body, and that was a sight that would stay with her for a long time.

“It h-happened again, didn’t it?” Tara asked, gently.

“Y-yes, but it lasted longer this time… much longer.” Buffy responded, still shaken up by what she had seen.

"Buffy we have to figure this out. It may just be visions now, but what if it starts hurting you physically? That much strain on the brain can't be good."

"I know. Look, I'm gonna call Giles. I know he's far away, but he still might be able to help. It's my last option considering I don't really want Willow involved in this." Buffy sighed.

"B-Buffy... don't you think maybe... you should involve the people in your visions? Maybe them being aware of what could happen will help to prevent it." Tara suggested softly.

"I get what you're saying Tara, and it's not a bad idea, but it's too soon. I wanna have more information before I go around judging anyone."

*************************************************************************
“How many more times do I have to bleedin’ tell you? I am not going to rape you!” Spike growled at Buffy, unable to understand how she would believe that for even a second. Sure, some visions had told her, but Spike knew himself. He would never do that to her… not ever.

“Spike, I saw you! Look, I really don’t wanna talk about this anymore ok?” with that, she started walking away, hoping he wouldn’t follow.

“Slayer!” the way he roared at her made her stop dead in her tracks.

The vampire slammed her up against the nearest crypt wall and snarled at her.

“I don’t give a piss what you saw. That… wasn’t… me! I would never… I love you! You can turn your face in disgust all you want, sweetheart, but you know it’s true. Deep inside, you know.”

“No, I don’t. That’s the problem.” And with that, she walked away.


Chapter End Notes:
Plz comment