Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys! I know I usually post faster than this, but I had writers block all day. Thankfully, my friend and I went over the remainder of the plot and I plan on posting quickly again. Hopefully. I am so glad you all are enjoying it again because there were a few chapters in there where I lost a lot of readers. Stick through until the end and see how the plot thickens, see the unexpected twists, and the Spuffy love headed your way. Please review and Enjoy! :)
Two weeks passed without change.

William tried to acclimate into his studies and life at Sunnydale High. Surprisingly, the student body was suddenly very welcoming, specifically the female population. While this may have made him exceedingly happy back in London, it only depressed him now. After his appearance change, girls suddenly flocked to him; they waited at his locker, tried finding him after school and giggled when he passed in the hallways.

His new ‘badass’ persona had the teen girls swooning and the teachers nervous. They now expected him to be like every thug that every flunked out. It astonished William how much an environment could change after so short a period of time.

After their spout, Dru refused to speak to or even look at William. While she made it clear to her cronies he was still a geek, truthfully Dru was scared of him. No one ever stood up to her. No one. If they did, she would ruin their reputations. But there was only so much she could do and William was not the typical student.

Firstly, he wouldn’t give a damn if his reputation changed. No one would tease him or bother him now because he looked like a kid you did not want to mess with. While he made several friends in his classes, none were close enough to him to be worth stealing. Besides, if she even attempted to ruin him, Dru knew that he would physically hurt her. He wouldn’t hesitate.

However, Dru was not going to give up so easily. William may have won the battle, but he knew nothing of the lengths she would go to bring an enemy down. Dru did not have the entire population of Sunnydale High on their toes for nothing.

Buffy, on the other hand, isolated herself. Her former friends meant nothing to her, especially Dru, who was not speaking to her anyway. Also, William and Buffy had not conversed since the emotional upheaval in his front yard.

Buffy tried calling her parents after the event for much needed sagacity, but her mother could not talk for very long and her father was nowhere to be found. She wondered when her life had taken such a complete turn.

William and Buffy wanted each other. Despite the attention he suddenly received, Buffy was the only one who meant anything. Some of the cackling hyenas started noticing him staring at Buffy. Whenever she caught William in the act, he would turn away and ignore her completely.

They were giving each other space. And it was killing them both.

Mrs. Wilcox’s class was the worst. Sitting next to one another, they could feel the electricity crackling between them. The longing to touch was unbearable. It was so excruciating, in fact, that both of them received straight D’s in the class. Because they spent so much time focusing, they didn’t hear a word she said. The dismal contents of the lectures did not make it any easier.

Sadly, the period of time sitting next to him was the best of Buffy’s day. Every other activity left her apathetic. It was now clear to her how she felt about him and her feelings only grew from there.

Unfortunately, neither William nor Buffy could get their heads out of their asses long enough to realize that they were in love.

……………………

William had had enough. Space between them be damned. He could no longer handle the separation anxiety that seemed to increase exponentially by the day. How much time could she possibly need to sort things out? Buffy wanted him; that much he knew.

And that was enough for him at that point.

Thoughts running wildly through his mind, William ran to catch up with Buffy when school ended one day. She was still quite a few feet away from her car.

“Buffy! BUFFY!” he yelled as he tried to grab her attention. It worked because she, along with several other students in the crowd walking in the parking lot, turned in surprise.

“William… How have you been?” she smiled shyly, trying her best to look nonchalant. Buffy did not want her hopes up too high.

She nervously tucked a lock of hair behind her ear; William’s fingers itched to caress her cheek. He finally reached her, panting heavily from running around the school to find her.

“Fine,” he breathed. “You?”

“Fine! I have been fine… also, I guess. I haven’t seen you around much lately. Well, of course minus English because you know, we sit together and everything. I mean next to each other! We sit next to…” Buffy stopped when she saw William chuckle. “What?”

“You are adorable when you ramble, do you know that?” he smiled and laughed lightly. Buffy’s smile made her glow and William could have sworn his heart fluttered.

“So… what’s up?” she asked hesitantly, worried that he had decided he’d rather be alone.

“Ok, here it goes… god, I’m such a jerk. I can’t do this,” he stated pathetically.

“William, please.”

“Alright, I know I am supposed to leave you alone and give you space, but I just can’t take any more of this. I need to be with you. Now, I don’t know how you feel about me but I’m putting everything out on the line. I really like you Buffy and I think that if you gave me the chance, I could make you happy. To sum up, Buffy, would you go out with me?”

About a minute of silence passed, but it felt like a year. “Now might be a good time to respond, luv.” While William exuded confidence, his nerves racked through his body like electrical shocks.

“No more space, then?” she queried.

“No more space. It’s… it’s just too much, Buffy. I know we both have issues with the circumstances and there is a lot to work through, but the truth is tha-“ Buffy grabbed him hard and smashed her mouth against his.

She hoped he could feel her overwhelming happiness and relief through the kiss. William wrapped his arms around her and held her against him. He could not get enough of her. Running his fingers through her golden locks, he tasted her. She was his goddess. “Buffy…” he said hoarsely.

Buffy looked into his eyes, black with desire, and kissed him again. She had someone to talk to, once more. He did not know it, but he was the only one she cared about because he cared for her in return.

The two stopped when they heard the snickers, sighs and ‘get a room’s of the crowd of immature students surrounding them. They looked at the ground slightly embarrassed, but too ecstatic to care.

“So, you’ll go out with me then?”

“Yes,” she giggled. “I’ll go out with you. Sheesh.” Buffy grinned at the goofy expression on William’s face.

“How is Friday night? My house? We could watch a movie or something. Or-or we could go out! Anywhere you want.”

“Calm down!” she laughed harder. “Wow, I didn’t expect you to plan something like that one day in advance.”

“Well I do not want to let you go anytime soon, and what better time than the present to get started. Come on Buffy. We’ve dealt with some crazy stuff recently and we deserve some fun.”

“Then fun shall be had, kind sir,” she teased as she bowed emphatically.

“Great! Come over at seven?” William could barely stand still.

“I will be there.”

Their lips met for just a moment, and then they parted. The second her back was turned he jumped up silently screaming ‘YES!’ with a power fist in the air. Buffy practically skipped to her car. Neither of them could wait for tomorrow.

Unfortunately, they did notice furious Dru amongst the crowd, inwardly planning to take them both down once and for all.