Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys! I hope you all are still enjoying the story! I'm really glad everything liked the twist at the end of the last chapter. I'm sneaky like that ;) Next chapter may or may not have Spuffy goodness, but let's just say chances are high. Please review and enjoy! *Also, this is a shout out to coalitiongirl, BuffyRat, cordykitten and a few others who have reviewed consistently. You guys are the ones keeping me going, so thanks!
School on Friday came and went without a hitch. While William and Buffy suffered the distress of their parents’ news, they decided not to bring it up. Neither knew of the other’s misfortunes and they both wanted a first date without family drama.

In English, William confirmed their plans for the night. Buffy smiled, but she could not ignore her troubles for long. True, she did not want to share information that wasn’t necessary, but it mauled her mind.

Joyce was engaged to Angel’s father? How could it happen? The one boy she could not stand to be around would soon carry the title of her stepbrother. She wondered if he knew.

Buffy tried to push the promise of impending doom away for the time being. She had bigger problems like worrying about the date, for example. She was excited, but nervous about ruining things again. Buffy didn’t know why, but its seemed like something always happened to tear them apart. Even when they weren’t together, forces of the world wanted them to suffer if they were to stay a couple.

But Buffy was not afraid of a challenge. If something happened again, they would deal with it. She was so sick of either running the other way or buying into every naïveté someone like Dru created. She was not afraid anymore because she believed in William. He cared for her and she cared for him. They would protect one another. Hopefully it was enough because Buffy could feel something coming.

That ‘something’ was most likely Angel, considering his new position in her life, but she wanted to dwell on her gorgeous man candy instead. Buffy saw girls her age and older stare longingly at William and she had the urge to stick out her tongue at them. Sort of the ‘na nana na na’ approach. He was hers. Buffy surprised herself with a new feeling of possessiveness over him. She figured it was a good thing.

……………………

Final jeopardy. William sat impatiently in his living room, waiting for the three hours to pass until Buffy arrived. His leg jack-hammered on the wooden floor until dust below the couch flew into the air, clearly displaying beams of sunlight from outside the window. He stood up and paced. Three hours left.

William could not deal with the waiting. Why did he make it seven o’clock? Why didn’t he tell her to come around four or some time closer to the end of the school day? Then again, it gave him time to prepare for her arrival.

He had no clue what to prepare, though. William didn’t know what kind of movies she liked, or what food she would eat. He considered calling her to ask, but he did not want to seem too eager. Scaring her away was the last thing he wanted. He sat back down.

William hated second-guessing himself, but it was something he could not quiet since his mother left. He was constantly afraid of ruining everything good that happened to him, and now he was on the verge of a panic attack over Buffy.

Still, he realized he knew very little about Buffy. He knew she loved the color pink, apparently Alternative Scottish Rock bands and general musicians, hated Taco Bell and all things fast food, and he knew that she had a wealthy family. He had never seen either of Buffy’s parents, and she barely ever talked about them so he guessed they weren’t around much. William wondered if he would rather have that family dynamic than his own.

Giles came into the living room to announce his leaving with a tilt of his head. His son, while perturbed over the ordeal, nodded his head. Neither said anything, but a world of words surrounded them. Rupert stared at his son, unsure of his next action, then nodded. He did not want to get into another fight if he could help it. One day he and William would have a conversation over the events that tore them apart, but that was far off. He shut the door behind him on the way out.

……………………

7:03pm

William did not know which way was up. He didn’t know so many emotions could exist in one person at a time. He was nervous for making the right impression, angry with her because she was late, frustrated with himself because it was only by three minutes, distressed over his father and his date, happy at the prospect of finally being with Buffy, and overwhelmed with his newfound luck. It was a lot to take in.

He heard a car scratch against the gravel of the driveway. William’s heart beat faster, if possible, and then slowed when he saw Buffy gracefully walk toward the front door. He checked his hair in the mirror. He smiled a little remembering how babyish he acted when they bleached it.

The doorbell rang. William took a deep breath, let it out and opened the door to find Buffy doing the same. They both smiled.

“Come in,” he said lightly.

“Thanks.” Buffy giggled and William’s nervousness fell away. They stood in the hallway awkwardly, not saying anything. “So…”

“Oh! I have something to show you.” William took her hand and made his way up the stairs. Buffy felt like a little kid playing an imaginary game where William was the Prince, ready to save her from the infamous tower and dragon. He pulled on a string attached to the ceiling and brought down a set of stairs that assumedly led to the attic. When he reached the second step, she let go of his hand.

“You ok, luv?”

“Yeah! I’m fine… I’m just kind of creeped out by attics.” She nervously tucked a lock or hair behind her ear and looked sideways sheepishly.

“Don’t worry. I’ll protect you from the monsters,” he said with a wink. He held out his hand and she took it. When they reached the top, he lifted the door back up and locked it. Buffy turned around.

“Wow! Did you do this?” she exclaimed. William nodded and scratched the back of his head in the same sheepish style as Buffy had earlier. “This is amazing!”

It appeared William had been busy. An enormous, white screen covered up an entire wall, facing a projector hooked up in the back of the room. Three red couches semi-circled around it. Movie and band posters littered the newly painted blood red walls. The floor was covered in a thick, black carpet that hugged Buffy’s toes when she took her shoes off.

The ceiling was the most remarkable part of the room. Buffy’s breath caught in her throat as she stared in wonder at the intricately painted night sky. The stars glimmered and the moon’s face looked upon the couches. The planets, obviously not in their actual placement or size, glowed with deep oranges and blues, reds and greens. It was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen.

“Did… did you paint this?” she whispered disbelievingly.

“Yeah. I sort of took the idea from you… but I expanded it a little.”

“I didn’t know you could paint! William, oh William this is beautiful, really!” Buffy gave him dazzling smile that had him reeling.

“I’m glad you like it, pet.” He paused, and then decided to continue against his better judgment. “I figured, you know, if it gets cold or its cloudy you could always come over and watch the stars with me. If you wanted to…”

“I’d like that.” Buffy took a step closer to him. “So… what do you want to do now?” she spoke coyly.

“Whatever you want, luv,” he spoke hoarsely, staring at her luscious lips and wanting nothing more than to kiss her senseless. She was flush against him now, toying with the buttons of his shirt. He fought the urge to shudder.

“Ooh, whatever I want?” Buffy stroked her hand up his thigh. “You sure about that?”

“Um, y-yes. Y-your choice pet.” William could barely comprehend words at that point.

“Hmm, let’s see… And you’ll do anything I want?”

“Anything,” his eyes were black with desire. Buffy almost reached the zipper of his jeans, but then dropped her hand to her side. She lifted onto her toes and whispered in his ear.

“I want,” she licked the shell of his ear, “you to play a song for me on your guitar.”

“Huh?”


Chapter End Notes:
Hahaha, next chapter. It'll happen next chapter. :)