Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi all! I hope you are still enjoying the story, and I'm assuming you are if you have stayed with me this long. Happy Valentine's Day!!! And if you don't have a beau, well, that's what NC-17 fanfics are for ;) Please review and Enjoy!
William couldn’t think; couldn’t breath. Her scent overwhelmed his senses, clouding his judgment. Somewhere deep within him, he knew it was a terrible idea to go any farther with Buffy. Even still, he was intoxicated and could not help himself.

“One of us has too many clothes on,” Buffy said between kisses. William stood up to slip out of his pants. She was surprised to see that he went commando. Then, Buffy saw his hardened member and widened her eyes at the size.

Buffy stood up as well and began to remove her bra until William was positioned flush against her. “No, let me do it,” he said, his voice husky with yearning. He moved the straps off of her shoulders and afterward attempted to undo the hooks. After several failures, Buffy giggled and gently moved his hands away to get rid of the offending garment.

The mood of the room abruptly changed. Both naked and vulnerable, they stared in wonder only to look at the floor in embarrassment. William glanced back at her and knew that was it. He strategically maneuvered Buffy to stand near the couch. He lifted her in his arms and tenderly placed her on it lying down.

He moved on top of her, but Buffy’s nervous expression made him stop. “Luv? Are you alright?”

“Yeah, I just… I just thought you should know that I have never, you know, done this before.” Buffy did not once meet his eyes. While William was not expecting that due to her wanton demeanor and wildly erotic nature, part of him felt a relief he did not know he was missing. His realization was followed by a shuddering panic; he would be her first.

While he considered the news, his brows furrowed in concentration, Buffy tried to get up slowly. She believed he no longer wanted her or wanted the responsibility of taking her virginity. But William stopped her with a gentle touch on her arm.

“I am too.” She looked up at that.

“You are?” William’s shy reaction gave her the answer. “Oh…”

“Do you not want to…?”

“No, I… I do. Just…” she rambled.

“Just not with me.” William could not look her in the eye. He settled on the opposite side of the couch.

“No! I do, with you, I just… I don’t know. Maybe you were right. We should wait. It would be one thing if we had done this before, but I think it should be… I don’t know, special.”

While William agreed with her sentiment, he felt defeated from his closeness to having her completely then losing it in an instant. He wanted her so badly that his bones ached in their forced frigidity. Because he didn’t say anything and he looked absolutely crushed, Buffy scooted closer to William.

“Hey there,” she said as she tenderly lifted his chin; he met her eyes for a moment, but cast them down seconds later. “Listen to me. It will happen for us one day.” When he did not change his expression, Buffy continued. “William, look at me.” He did. “This is not your fault. And it is completely fine that you are a virgin. Honestly. We will get there when the time is right. Just know that I am not rejecting you. More like,” she giggled, “postponing it for a while.”

William laughed, feeling slightly better. He wasn’t angry with her for not giving it up, not even a little. He just wanted to hold her and keep her as his own. But Buffy was right: waiting would be the best course of action. William nodded his head in agreement.

The next couple of minutes were awkward as they put their clothes back on. When they sat down, the silence consumed them. Buffy glanced at William, caught him doing the same; this caused him to blink away in hopes that she didn’t. He could practically taste the uncomfortable tenseness around them. And still, not a word was spoken.

Eventually, William stood up again and walked toward the back of the room. “So… do you want to watch a movie?” Buffy let go of the breath she was holding.

“God, yes.” He chuckled as she swirled around on the couch to face him.

“Ok, do you have a genre in mind?”

“I don’t know. What do you have?”

“Anything you want, pet.” Buffy noticed the startlingly large case of DVDs he stood in front of.

“Wow, I didn’t realize you had so many! Where did you get all of these?” Buffy followed his example and made her way to the glass-door cabinet. After running her finger across the titles for a couple of minutes, it finally landed on The Lion King. William couldn’t help but burst out laughing. “What?” she pouted. “I like the Lion King!” Buffy crossed her arms in childish annoyance.

“No! I didn’t mean,” he couldn’t help laughing at her stance. “I like it too, I do. Otherwise, I wouldn’t own it. I’m kind of surprised you chose that one over all the rest. I think the movies people choose to watch tell a lot about them. I was not expecting The Lion King, of all things. He smiled, “I should have known.” Buffy, who only a moment ago found good humor, threw her arms to her sides.

“What should you have known? What is that supposed to mean?” She was compelled to re-cross her arms because that was the only other posture of defiance she found affective. He grinned adorably.

“I mean you are incredibly unpredictable. It’s one of the things I love best about you.” Nearing the end of the statement he grew quiet, but his smile still stayed on. Buffy giggled.

“Oh! Thanks.” Subsequent to taking out the movie, William led Buffy back to the couch with his hand on the small of her back. Sadly, that contact alone sent shocks through his system and was agonizing to ignore. He moved his hand away as she sat back down, then went to put the DVD into the player. “By the way, I really loved your song.” He turned back around, movie still in hand.

“You did?”

“Yeah, a lot! It was like… you were just so passionate. When you started to play, it seemed like you were Spike, like it was playing you instead of the other way around. The melody keeps swirling and buzzing in my head.” Buffy closed her eyes and hummed a bit of the tune. “It was beautiful, really. I can’t believe you thought you couldn’t play that well.” William decided to tease her a bit.

“So, what you’re really trying to say is that Spike is a better guitarist than I?” Buffy got it.

“Exactly. In fact, you should just leave the guitar with me. William is so out, and Spike,” she pretended to swoon with a hand on her forehead and fell lying down on the couch, “he’s so in!” The two looked and one another and couldn’t stop laughing.

“Or maybe, I am Spike and I’m playing William. Or, wait… now I’m confused.” They continued their hysterical interlude until William had the ab strength to put the DVD in. He went to join Buffy on the couch and put his arm around her. She snuggled next to him before looking at the clock.

“Woah, it’s that late?” she said.

“11:15pm? When did that happen?” William responded as Buffy yawned. “Maybe I should drive you home.”

“No! No, I don’t have a curfew and I’m having fun.” She cuddled closer and William wrapped his arm tighter around. While the title screen came up, he commented.

“You do know this is based on Hamlet, right?” Buffy stared at him in wonder.

“Really? How?”

“Well, it’s really a loose interpretation but Simba is Hamlet, his father dies, the kingdom is taken over by his uncle, the ghost of his father comes back to guide him. I mean, Timon and Pumba are Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, minus the death part.”

“Wow. That’s so cool! Disney is fantastic.” He nodded his head in agreement, and pressed play.

They were asleep by the English in The Circle of Life.

……………………

At 2:17am, Rupert returned home from his date. He regretted not kissing her on her front porch, but decided to go through with it next time. He went up the stairs to check on William, but he was not there.

He heard obnoxious songs from the attic and pulled down the chord that let him up there. When he reached the top of those stairs, he saw William and Buffy snuggling on the couch while some ghastly cartoon blasted on the giant screen.

Rupert was touched by the sight of them. Although he certainly was not fond of the girl who caused William’s breakdown a few weeks prior, he was proud of his son for finding someone he could be with. He genuinely smiled.

Not wanting to wake them, Rupert left to walk down the stairs. Unfortunately, he noticed a lacy, purple scrap of material lying beside the sofa.

Rupert did not want to know. Perhaps he would speak to William later and have the father son chat they never had. But for now, he didn’t want to know a thing.

At the bottom of the stairs, he pulled the chord back up and cleaned his glasses as he puttered to his room.


Chapter End Notes:
Sorry for the lack of Spuffy, but it will come into play later on. It'll be gratifying. Trust me. Stay tuned my lovelies!