Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey! Thank you so much for the reviews guys! I appreciate it so much, you have no idea. There is definitely going to be a lot more chapters of angsty goodness, but with integration of Spuffy. There is just so much to overcome. Giles (and his anonymous girlfriend), Dru, Angel, George, Joyce, Buffy and William... I hope you are prepared for the good times ahead! Love you all! Please review and enjoy :)
Sunday came and went. William spent the long hours considering what his father had said, even though he already knew the verdict. Rupert was right that when William put his whole heart into something, there was no going back. He was already too invested in their short, but meaningful, relationship to turn back. In normal circumstance, he would not even have bothered listening to his father.

But one sentence irked him. ” Is the William she likes the same William that you are?”

It floated in his head like the echo of a gong, ringing over and over again even when the sound seemed to disappear. Maybe it was best to not call or contact her for a day, no matter how it pained him to tear his hand from the phone every so often. William was surprised by the pull she had over him when they were only really dating for a few days.

He chuckled thinking about the circumstances of their meeting and how far they had come from that moment. But Buffy never really knew the real him, did she?

When they first met, he was so infatuated with the girl that he lost himself. Then, she changed his appearance, which gave him an immediate reputation. He felt like someone to be reckoned with instead of the quiet, mousy boy who acted out on occasion. William wondered which of the two she was dating.

The boy wandered up to the attic, picked up his guitar and wrote. While he didn’t consider what the song meant, he could feel the lyrics course through him before he wrote a word. The chords throbbed in his hands, in his lungs and chest. Whether he would ever play it for her was besides the point. He just needed an outlet before Monday came around.

……………………

Buffy didn’t want to talk to anyone. Joyce came into her room early Sunday morning to let her know of the arrival of her betrothed. The girl pulled the covers over her head in response. Not wanting to cause her daughter more pain than necessary, the woman slid quietly out of the room.

When the Aurelius’ pulled in the driveway, they beeped a long, obnoxious noise that pierced the air. It reached Buffy’s room, to her distaste. Feeling the need to be sociable and learn of her possible new father figure, she dressed in a pair of dark jeans, a white tank top and a red cardigan. While looking in the mirror, she couldn’t help but laugh at her resemblance to the American flag.

Buffy went into the living room to greet the infamous George, but found Angel sitting beside him, a suggestive smirk on his tan face. Before she had the chance to bolt, Joyce saw Angel and turned in her direction.

“Buffy! There you are. Come here, come here honey. I want you to meet George Aurelius, my fiancée. I’m sure you’ve already met Angel. Did you know that he’s captain of the football team?” she said, a smile threatening to rip her face in two.

“Yeah, I heard something like that.” Buffy did not blink once, causing Angel’s leer to fade into an intimidating and slightly demonic grin. Then, she turned her attention to the man sitting beside him.

George Aurelius was a pudgy, old man. If she didn’t know any better, she would have guessed he was gay from the flamboyant way he waved his arms when he talked. His balding head covered the few white hairs remaining by his ears and pillowing his neck. A fluffy grey white beard and moustache covered his mouth and the hairs flowed into his spit-ridden mouth as he spoke. His glasses were so thick that Buffy could not actually make out his eyes. He wore a pink, collared shirt that covered a chocolate brown turtleneck, and tan khakis. When he spoke with his soft, monotonic voice, he sounded self-important. He made jokes that only he thought were funny. Buffy tried to see deeper into the man, to find any reason why her mother would be attracted to him.

But he was such a dork.

Buffy looked back and forth from George to Angel, then back to George, trying to make out any similarities, but coming up empty. She could not believe that the captain of the football team, that the biggest player in school, that Dru’s boy toy was this man’s son. Then, she looked from her mother to George. Suddenly, she was struck by the image of the two of them on the end of the Titanic, raising their arms to “My Heart Will Go On.” She shuddered from the creepiness of the image. Buffy then realized that Joyce was speaking to her.

“… didn’t I, Buffy?” Buffy just stared into space.

“Um… huh?” Angel snickered.

“Buffy, sweetie, I asked what you were doing at school lately.”

“From what I hear, she’s doing Captain Peroxide,” he spoke under his breath. Unfortunately, the adults heard him.

“I’m sorry, excuse me?” Joyce looked puzzled. Then, it hit her that Captain Peroxide was the boy Buffy stayed out with. “Oh! Buffy! You never said you were serious about that boy!”

“Mother, please, not now.” Joyce considered it for a moment.

“Fine... but we are talking about this later,” she added, most likely for George and Angel’s benefit.

This was going to be a long day.

……………………

Two Days Earlier

“Angel?” Dru cooed after the last bell rang. Like a puppy, he waggled over to her, practically drooling with the prospect of sleeping with the beauty.

“Yes lover?”

“I have been thinking about what you told me. About your father and Mrs. Summers?”

“Yeah…?”

“And I was wondering if you would be interested in a little plan of mine.” Dru turned to face him more directly, chest propped up close to his face. “Of course, it might involve a little,” she slithered closer to him, “dirty work. Interested?” Angel did not consider the pros, cons, or even his part in the operation before nodding enthusiastically. “Good boy,” she patted his head. “Come sit with me.”

The two glided to a bench near the parking lot and sat down.

“Alright, my darling, listen to every word I say. Listen carefully. Remember what that nasty Buffy did to you over break?”

“Yeah! My jaw still clicks sometimes, listen…” he proceeded to move his jaw around with his palm until Dru swiped his hand away.

“It will go away. But aren’t you angry with her? Don’t you think she should pay for how she hurt you?” Dru caressed his cheek.

“But you said I couldn’t tell anybody. I remember, you said ‘If you tell anyone, I will make sure you never enter the school premises again and-‘” Angel whined to imitate her before Dru interrupted.

“Yes! Ok, I did say that. But now, it’s time to change all that. From now on, I want you to watch her. Interrupt her and her blonde boyfriend whenever the chance presents itself. This shouldn’t be difficult considering your new ‘in’ in her life. You’re father’s engagement is perfectly timed.”

“Sure. But what’s that gonna do? It’ll probably just make them angry at me.”

“Perhaps… but then they will become frustrated. They will fight with one another and they’ll break up. Then, I’ll make my move on William who will go out with me to make Buffy jealous. It will work, of course, and then she will come running to you.”

“Ok… then what?”

“Not so hasty, my darling. You will make sure he hears of all the nasties you and a Miss Buffy Summers did. Because they won’t be together anymore, he’ll believe you, no questions asked. The two lovebirds will implode. The End.”

“Sounds good. But, why do you want to ruin them so badly? Can’t you just, I don’t know, let it go?” Angel asked carefully.

“Let it go?! Do you know what he said to-“ Dru took a breath and went back to her typical, cool demeanor. “If I want revenge, I will have it. If I want the sky, you will get it for me in a tiffany’s box. I get what I want. Buffy is a parasite destroying everything I have worked for to get this reputation. You see all this? It’s mine. And it could all crumble like that,” Dru snapped her fingers. Her eyes were burning black. Angel had never seen a face so intimidating. Even if he didn’t have hope to get Dru in bed, he would have completed the task anyway. She wouldn’t do it physically, but she really could murder a person with a word.

Luckily that word was Buffy. Or kill. And not Angel.

“Arrange a meeting between your two families. I will tell you what to do; say, how to act and you will do it. Is that clear, my Angel?” She stroked his chin with a slender finger and scratched him lightly with a sharp, red nail.

“Whatever you say.”

“Exactly.” She got up and left dramatically, her long black coat billowing behind her blood red heels.

……………………

Two Days Later

Buffy sat uncomfortably in front of him. Angel smiled at her, inwardly laughing at her imminent fate. Dru always had a way of getting what she wanted. This case would not be any different. Buffy shifted her body weight looking for an escape route. She couldn’t have been more obvious. Then, she noticed Angel watching her in amusement. She bit her lip and looked down angrily. He was already getting to her.

Oh yeah, this was going to be easy.


Chapter End Notes:
Dun dun duuuuuuun