Author's Chapter Notes:
All character names belong to Joss Whedon (the MAN)
The next day at school, Buffy was nervous to implement her devious, new plan. First of all, she did not even know if William would go for it. Second of all, despite Buffy’s intense focus on the plan, she was not completely sure what she was trying to do. Buffy was not known for her schemes exactly, but how hard could it be? It was in so many movies and books; she figured it must be possible. All she knew was that she wanted to put Dru in her place. Everything would fall into line, and she would get her point across. Thus, Buffy decided maybe it was best to make it up as she went along. And William was the key. She had to make Dru fall for him, only to have him, just another worshipper, turn her down.

Into the classroom walked William. His clothes were, if possible, even baggier than the day before. His glasses hung on his face like binoculars, which was even further hidden by the dirt-brown, curly hair that hung in his face. Buffy suddenly had the feeling she needed to rework the plan. How and why would Dru ever want him? He basically had nothing to offer her. But maybe she could do it. She was Buffy. She could do anything! Couldn’t she?

……………………

William took his seat beside her. He glanced in her direction a few times, but she just stared straight ahead. She looked conflicted about something, so he decided not to intrude on her inner dialogue. If she was angry with him before, he was nervous what would become of him if he were to make it worse. So he remained silent and stared at his desk: a task he had mastered throughout his high school years.

Without warning, she turned to him. She was about to say something when the bell rang angrily over the speakers. Looking defeated, she turned back to her desk. William wished she would look at him. Again, she did.

Just as the teacher started talking.

……………………

Because of course, the moment she was about to make conversation, Mrs. Wilcox would begin her lectures on the importance of iambic pentameter in common conversation.

“Are you ok?” William looked at her concernedly.

“Uh, yeah. I’m fine.” She gave him a quick smile, but it faded as soon as she turned away.

William was about to give up hope, when Buffy turned to him again.

“Would you help me with something?”

“Um, sure luv… With what?” William was thrilled that she was asking him for help. That had to be a good sign, right?

“Meet me after school, ok? Outside of the gym.”

“I’ll-“ William began, only to be cut off by the teacher, yelling for silence. “I’ll be there,” he whispered. He tried to look as casual as he could, but his excitement took over.

For the rest of the day, William could not sit still. His leg jackhammered below his desk on several occasions while his eyes darted to the clock every few minutes. He was not used to girls being interested in him, or his help rather. Back in London, no one gave him a second glance. William tried to blend in there, but his awkwardness held sway. He had the reputation of a typical nerd without being asked a single question to prove his intellect. He supposed the glasses made his classmates assume his place in the high school hierarchy.

While never being shy per say, William did not speak much. He enjoyed talking to people and socializing when he had the opportunity, though he rarely did. So, he naturally became used to the lifestyle. But suddenly, in a town no one had heard of, in a place he did not want to be, where no one knew him or even noticed him, Buffy was there. The girl of his dreams was speaking to him; she wanted help from him! It did not even matter what she needed for he would get it done.

By eighth period, he had just about had it with his classes. The clock seemed to tick slower, if possible. With his head resting on his hand, William drifted to sleep…

Buffy met him by the gym after school. All suave and swagger, William prowled closer to the object of his desire. Suddenly, he slammed his fist against the wall near her head, trapping her body with his. With his blood quickening for her, he ached to touch her. One finger trailed down her neck, then slowly toward her breast. She hitched her breath when he reached the swell of her chest. While his finger slowly stroked down the length of her torso, William licked where he had grazed her neck. He nibbled on her earlobe as he stroked closer and closer to her core. His hands found bottom of her skirt and made their way to her panties. “Oh, Buffy. So wet, so ready for me. Do you want it Buffy?” he purred in her ear. ”Tell me you want me Buffy. Tell me you need me inside you.” His fingers caressed around, but never touching, her center.

“I want it William. I need you, baby.” William fell to his knees and tore off the offending garment. “I have to taste you.” His tongue tapped her clit softly, then licked a trail up her slit. He heard Buffy moan in pleasure. “More! Oh god, please, more!” she begged as he looked up at her writhing body. Satisfied with her response, he sucked hard on her nubbin. He groaned at the taste of her, and felt his cock harden. His flicked his tongue over her nubbin, resulting in a chorus of mewling. William inserted a finger into her dripping core. Buffy began to grind against him as he fingered her into oblivion. He could hear her screaming his name, “Oh my god! Ungh, William! WILLIAM!!”


“William!” the nasal voice of his math teacher startled him out of his fantasy. He sat upright, slightly disoriented by the ugly intrusion of his daydream. “Perhaps you will not sleep in my class in the future as you will miss important topics of discussion.” He smiled awkwardly. “For example, how the bell has rung and why you are still in my classroom. Now, I would appreciate it if you left as of this moment. I don’t want to spend any more time with you insects than absolutely necessary.” Finally noticing that only he and Mr. Snyder remained in the classroom, William shoved his books into his backpack and ran toward the gym, praying that Buffy would still be there.

……………………

Buffy waited anxiously by the gym. Five minutes after the bell and he still had not shown. Granted he may have needed to talk to a teacher, pack his book bag or something along those lines, but if Buffy wanted to put her plan in motion, she needed to begin as soon as possible. And out of the blue, Dru was in front of her.

“Hello Buffy,” she purred.

“Hey Dru.”

“So, I heard about your little breakdown in the courtyard the other day.” She eyed Buffy suspiciously, “Not going to make this a habit, are we? Because you know, all of this, your sweet little setup here, could, I don’t know,” Dru knocked a book out of her hands and watched with a smile as it landed in a small spill of green Gatorade, “fall?” Dru gave what any guy would consider a dazzling smile, but what Buffy knew was pure cruelty. “You just think about that.”

Suddenly, William came running down the hall to where Buffy was standing. “Hello luv. Thought I might miss you.” Then, he saw Dru standing beside him with a curious look on her pale face.

Never taking her eyes off of William, Dru said, “Glad to see you are moving up in the world. You know what I always say, ‘if you can’t make a man happy, practice from the bottom until your on top again. Ta ta!” Once again, she cackled as she turned her back and walked outside with her nose in the air.

Buffy looked after her with pure disdain. Then, she saw William’s defeated face. Although it angered her that, even after Dru’s demeaning statements, William still seemed to want her, she could not help but pity the guy. This only fueled her plan farther.

“Does she really always say that?” William murmured, breaking Buffy out of her reverie.
“Say what? Oh, that? I’ve never heard her say it before.” Buffy stared into space for a bit. William took notice.

“Are you ok. pet?”

“Yeah, yes. I’m fine.”

After a long pause, William said, “So are you going to tell me what you need help with?”

“Right, right. Ok. So, this may seem completely out of blue so just bare with me.” Buffy took a breath and began, “Ok. You are in love with Dru, like every other guy on the planet, right?” She did not wait for a response. “And Dru doesn’t seem to care for any one of them, or you for that matter, which drives me up the wall. So, I was kind of thinking that maybe we could help each other?” Buffy bit her lip and gave a soft, pleading smile. William decided that her smiles were addictive.

“And how would we go ‘bout doing this, luv?”

“You are going to help?” Buffy looked overly hopeful, but toned it down immediately after. “I mean, cause, if you don’t want to don’t feel any pressure or anything…”

“Well that depends on what we are doing. That would definitely help in the decision process.” William had already inwardly decided to help her with anything she asked.

“Ok, well I don’t have all of the details of the plan carefully laid out or anything, but here’s the gist: I know what Dru would want in a guy. Wish I didn’t, but I do. And no offense, but she considers you the bottom of the food chain. I want her to be proven wrong; that any guy could be the perfect guy, so she will no longer take every guy that pines after her for granted. I want her to pine after someone else. I want her to pine after you. And since you want her anyway, you will make her beg for you, and then finally she won’t be single anymore, and I will be free of her for good. You understand?”

“Uh-“

“Good. So you’ll do it?”

……………………

Buffy looked up at him with wide, expectant eyes. Despite his earlier decision, it seemed that Buffy had an extremely obscured understanding of him and he was no longer so sure that he wanted to be a part of it. Sure, it might get him closer to the girl of his dreams, but in helping her out, she might never feel anything more for him than an accomplice. She would keep him at a distance, using him to get back at Dru.

In the end, the pros outweighed the cons. “Alright. I’m in.”

Buffy gave him one brilliant smile and that was it: William knew he was doomed.


Chapter End Notes:
Ok, so I'm finally beginning to see where this plot is going. Please review :) Enjoy!