Author's Chapter Notes:
I know you guys are waiting patiently for some more NC-17 stuff, but they both have to get over their doubts to get there and that is going to take some time. But hang in there, it will come. Please review and Enjoy!
Soon after, Buffy scrambled to leave. She said goodbye to William and politely waved to Rupert when he passed her on the way to the door. She was pretty sure they both heard the deafening squeak of her tires speeding away on the pavement. It was not the way she had planned to leave, but she knew if she had stayed any longer, something would have gone awry.

What was wrong with her? She was not supposed to be attracted to him! He was supposed to be the sure thing, the guy that she would never fall for. That was the point though, wasn’t it? To make him into someone Dru would fall for, and by correlation, Buffy as well. She just did not expect it to hit her so hard.

But she wanted him. That was quite clear from her maudlin display earlier. This was not some harlequin novel where the geek and popular girl got together. This was life where things like that just were not possible. Especially from her end of the deal. If she tried to be with him, she would have to give up everything.

She would have no friends, and even if they were not really her friends it was better than no one, she would be tormented daily, and definitely out casted. Buffy was only a Junior, which meant two more years in hell. If Dru found an excuse, even one, she would tell everyone lies about her. And everyone would believe her because no one would want to deal with the same punishment.

But William was turning out to be nothing like she thought. Instead of the shy, socially awkward, bumbling kid she thought him to be, he suddenly had personality and was sweet and funny, even. He played guitar and was strangely willing to go along with her plan, despite not knowing her very well at all. Buffy was attracted to him. Not just to the new look she created, but him: William.

Buffy turned into her large, circular driveway, parked, and shut off her car. Swinging her newly obtained keys around her pointer finger, she thoughtfully walked to the front door.

She passed through the familiar halls of the enormous mansion her father had provided. Buffy might have been upset by his absenteeism from her life, but he had never really been there in the first place. Not even when she was young did he bother to see her. If she were “lucky,” he would come to visit once a year for a weekend.

Hank Summers was not a bad man. He and Joyce, her mother, had been separated for a long time and he provided everything they needed. They probably would have gotten a divorce, but it was required of him to look like a family man for his political career. So the arrangement worked out for everyone. But it did not make the halls any warmer. Everything just felt cold.

Everything except for her room, where she plopped on her bed and stared at the starry night painted on her ceiling. How did everything become so complicated so quickly? Buffy wondered if she should just call the whole thing off. Then again, William had gone to severe lengths to follow through, the major example being his drastic hairstyle change. How could she say out of the blue, ‘Oh, by the way, it was all for nothing’?

So, Buffy decided to follow through. Things could not get much worse from her end as long as she remained separate from the situation. However, she worried for him. What if the plan did not work, and he had to deal with the rumors and the out casting rituals of her classmates? She did not want him to get hurt. She also would have to apologize for her abrupt escape earlier.

So, again, Buffy decided to follow through. With the final verdict in her head, she put all of her fears and doubts to the side. She closed her eyes and remembered his hot breath on her neck and the seeming electricity that shot through her when they touched.

She wasn’t breaking any rules if she just thought about him…

……………………

William was angry. Angry with himself, angry with his father and angry with Dru, even though he did not know her at all. He wanted to be angry at Buffy, but he just could not find it in himself. But William also had no outlet to put his anger. So, he remained seated on the floor and stared into space.

He did not know what to do with himself and as a result kept staring. Perhaps he was subconsciously hoping Buffy would reappear in his room, telling him that leaving so soon was not his fault. But he knew it was. William had gone too far, and not just the coming on to her part, but also the fight with his father. She did not need to hear that side of him. And he knew it was not true, but he felt like she secretly hated him for that.

William once again considered backing out of Buffy’s plan; it was definitely in both of their interests. He could go about his business and she could remain in the social circle she clearly despised being a part of. But Buffy would stop hanging out with him. She would ignore him completely; he knew it.

But he did not want to let her go. If this was the only chance he was going to have to be with her at any capacity, then come hell or high water he would be with her. William decided to stop feeling sorry for himself and to make the most of the time he had left with Buffy.

And as much as it pained him to think of, maybe if he ended up dating Dru, they could be in the same social circle, and he could be with her again.

Telling her his feelings, whatever they were at that point, would make her run in the other direction; he knew that now considering the Houdini act from earlier. But maybe... could it be that she felt something for him as well? Was that why she ran?

William stood up, prepared to walk to her house, wherever it was, to ask her what it all meant. William sat down again, this time on his bed. Even if he wanted to, it was too soon to have feelings like this. He knew it, even if he was not completely sure what he feelings were. Besides, with the tenseness between him and his father, he doubted Rupert would let him roam the night in search for a residence that he had no clue where to start looking for. He lay down and stared up at his ceiling.

So, he would stick with the plan. It was what Buffy wanted and that was enough for him for now. He really had nothing to lose anyway. Nothing except for her, of course.

He closed his eyes and remembered her hot breath coming in short pants beneath him and the electricity that shot through him when he touched her.

He wasn’t breaking any rules if he just thought about her… Was he?