Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys! I am really getting into this story because of the great reviews. Thank you so much, it really means a lot. It keeps me on my toes in writing this thing. ALSO, I did receive a message concerning what Buffy's plan entails exactly, so I am outlining it here. Enjoy and please review!

:::Dru thinks she can have anything she wants. She makes fun of those who worship the ground she walks on. Buffy is a)sick of Dru’s behavior and b)sick of being Dru’s forced lapdog. When Dru makes fun of William, the boy who, as far as Buffy is concerned, has the least possible chance of getting with Dru, it is the last straw. Her plan is to change William into the perfect guy for Dru. In the process, she wants Dru to want him. Badly. So bad in fact that she will forget about all other boys in school and start going out with William. Then, when she finds out who he used to be, she would be put in her place for making assumptions. Also, when/if Dru is off the market, Buffy will be safe to date whoever she wants without Dru being able to step in. (Something happened between Dru, Buffy and Angel that will make this clearer). Buffy and William are both conflicted by the plan because of the mixed messages they receive from one another and because the pros and cons weigh pretty heavily. I hope that helps.
On Sunday morning, William awoke to the obnoxious ring he unfortunately chose for his cell phone. Wiping the sleep from his eyes with one hand, he tried to find the phone between his bed covers with the other. ”Hello?” he said drowsily.

“William?” replied a familiar voice.

“Buffy?” he could hear a sigh of relief on the other line.

“Oh, thank god. I thought I had called the wrong number.” He had not heard from her since Friday. It seemed like it had all gone down the tubes now, there was a bit of hope.

“No, it’s me. What time is it?” William struggled to find his glasses.

“Um, around 8:30. So… I was thinking we could work more on your look, you know? Maybe hang out today?” There was a pause. “Or maybe you have plans?”

“No! No plans. I’m free.” If she was going to give him another chance, he was going to take it. He only prayed that he could keep his libido in check.

“Ok, great! I’ll come pick you up in fifteen minutes and bring you back to my house. Is that enough time?”

“Yeah, sure.” William leapt out of bed and scrambled for an outfit. “See you then.”

“Bye.” He heard the dial tone before he could respond. Shifting through the piles of new clothes Buffy gave him, William attempted to make sense of an outfit. Almost everything was black and studded or ripped. He was trying on a pair of dark, but not quite black, jeans when his phone rang again.

“Hello?” he asked out of breath.

“William?”

“Yeah.”

“Why are you panting?” William thought of around fifty explanations for that one, but considering her reaction to his last verbose sexual endeavor, kept them all at bay.

“Was running upstairs. Heard the phone ring. What’s going on?”

“Right… Do you own contacts?”

“Yes, but I don’t like weari-“

“Great! Bring those with you. See you in a few!” Then her end clicked out. William was flustered. He sorted through the remaining bags, found a shirt that seemed a little looser than the rest and threw it on. He ran to the bathroom, tore open the medicine cabinet and took out all of its new contents in search of his long lost contacts box. The moment his hand reached it, he heard a beep from outside. He brushed his teeth as quickly as he could, stuck on a jacket and ran outside into the rain.

He buckled himself in as Buffy pulled out of the driveway. After a moment of silence, Buffy spoke. “You look good.”

“Thanks, but you dressed me. Well, not physically, obviously. You know…” he rambled. William took a deep breath. He worried that this would not be his only mess up of the day. But she wanted to be friends, so friends they would be. For now, anyway, he thought.

“Yeah,“ she chuckled. They drove in comfortable silence for a few more minutes until Buffy turned on the radio. “Oh my god! I love this song!” she cooed.

“What song is it, pet?” William smiled at her excitement. It seemed that the song had just started. The piano crackled a bit with the radio, but he could hear the basic tones. And as the song played on, her contented singing became contagious. Even though he didn’t know any of the words, he wanted to sing with her. Instead, he remained quiet throughout the remnants of the ride with only a hint of a smile gracing his face.

When they reached the gargantuan circular drive, William groaned inwardly. Not only would he have to vie for her attentions, but he also had to compete with those who shared her lifestyle. Probably guys like Angel, who he had not seen but had his suspicions about. Buffy stopped the car and walked toward her door. He followed and waited for her to use her key.

……………………

Buffy suddenly spun around and found herself only a few inches away from him. She could feel the heat eradiating from him. Looking more carefully, she saw that he definitely had a body under those baggy shirts. She lifted her head and was surprised by the sudden waves of electricity coursing through her, caused by his intense gaze. She could have sword his pupils were dilated more than usual, but it was still hard to tell behind his remarkably large glasses.

“Buffy,” he whispered.

“Y-y-yes?”

“Are you going to open the door?” It was a moment before Buffy could process what he said. Then, she scrambled to get the door.

“Right! Right, yes the door… Sorry. I have just been really spacey lately.” William let Buffy rant for a little while longer before he chuckled. “What?” He laughed lightly again.

“You’re adorable.” Buffy almost broke the door down in her attempt to get inside, which she did in due course. William followed her across a few different lobbies and hallways, up a large staircase, down a smaller one and finally into her room. She closed the door and smiled mischievously.

“Are you ready?”

“Depends…” Buffy pouted. “Yes, pet, I am ready willing and able,” he said with raised eyebrows and a smirk.

“Ok! First things first: put your contacts in. There is a bathroom over there if you need one.”

“That would be great, but… are you sure about all this? Are contacts really the answer here? I kind of, I don’t know; I like my glasses. Don’t they give me character?” he hinted a whine. Buffy looked at him firmly. No one was going to reign on her parade.

“William. Do you trust me?”

“Yes,” he said cautiously.

“Do you want her?” A minute went by without an answer. He looked at the floor, or something nearby it, and concentrated on his point of interest. “William?” she tried to catch his attention. She looked at him softly, “Do you want her?”

……………………

“God, yes,” he replied in a voice hoarse with desire. Of course, she did not take it that way. She never took it the right way. William could slap himself. While at home, the thought of hanging out with Buffy without sexual tension on at least his end seemed an easy task. But now…

“Good. Now go in there and follow my instructions!” She giggled a bit as he scooted into the blue tiled room. A while went by full of ‘ows’ and squeaks of discontent, until a crash caused him to yell aloud.

“Dammit! Oh, come on!” She could hear his muffled cry through the door. Hadn’t someone told her recently that most accidents occurred in bathrooms?

“Are you ok? What happened?”

“No, I just broke something and it spilled all over me and the floor. Sorry, luv, I didn’t see it there and then I moved and-“

“It’s fine William, really don’t worry about it. Just come out when you are done.”

He opened the door a few minutes later.

……………………

Buffy’s mouth went dry. She knew he was good looking, she could feel it, but she had no idea how truly gorgeous he was until that moment. And for the remainder of that moment, which seemed to last several minutes, she could only stare and appreciate his previously hidden form.

It was not just because he lost his glasses and was presently shirtless. It was the final look of him that had Buffy inwardly swooning. Meanwhile, William stared at her curiously. He began to swing his glasses between his fingers to bring her attention back to him.

“You look…” she could not find the words to properly describe him.

“Dashing? Handsome? Prominent? How about badass? Would badass work?” he teased. Buffy still could not say anything. She took a few steps toward him to look over him in more detail, she justified. When she reached him, she lifted her hands to his now present shoulders.

To say that William was well defined would have been an understatement. He looked like Adonis. He looked like he was cut out of marble, given life and placed in front of her to tease her to death.

“Sorry, your girly perfume spilled on my shirt and I, well…” he looked down abashedly. He looked adorable. He lifted his eyes back to hers and stayed still as she ran her fingers down his chest. And she was struck by a powerful sense of wanting. No, not wanting: needing. She needed to touch him, to taste him, or anything to be closer. She felt far away even though she was right beside him.

She raised her hand over his neck, behind his head, and pulled him into a kiss.


Chapter End Notes:
I'm evil with my cliff hangers ;) Stay tuned, more coming up soon!