Author's Chapter Notes:
I've decided to update much more quickly and catch up the story to the other sites its on. :) Thanks for reading
“Hello…earth to Buffy.” Dawn waved her hand slowly in front of Buffy’s face.

Spike, Spike, Spike, Spike, Spike’s alive. Buffy couldn’t stop the track playing through her mind. She had to find him. Where? How? She had so many questions. “Where?” She finally found voice to one of them.

Both Buffy and Dawn looked to Andrew for the answer. “Well…when I was on my vital mission to L.A. to retrieve Dana, the tortured slayer, which by the way…”

“Get to the point, Andrew. Where is he?” Buffy stared Andrew down, trying desperately to keep her resolve face intact and not let the tears she was holding spill down her cheeks.

“He’s with Angel.” Andrews voice was barely audible due to his receiving icy glares from both Summers women.

“In L.A.?” Dawn practically shouted into Andrew’s ear. “Why didn’t he say anything? Doesn’t he know where we are? Doesn’t he want to…” Dawn’s persistent questions faded off at the loud slam of the door to Buffy’s bedroom.

Three minutes late Buffy emerged fully dressed, a purse slung over her left shoulder and her keys in her right hand. She didn’t say a word just walked purposefully towards the door.

“Where are you going?” Dawn knew it was a stupid question. She knew exactly where Buffy was going, but she couldn’t just let her sister walk out without verbalizing her destination.

“To get him.” The words were soft and filled with hope as they broke away from Buffy’s mouth. The two Summers girls exchanged a knowing glance and a small smile before Buffy continued out the door.

“Oh, and, Buffy, good luck. Give him a good punch in the nose for me.”

Buffy just smiled at Dawn’s words. “Will do,” and with that she was out the door.

Three hours later, Buffy had booked and was currently on a flight to L.A. courtesy of the council’s account. It would take ten hours to get there and it would be the longest ten hours of her life. She was already running through scenarios in head; ones where they would run to each other with open arms all cheesy and romantic-like. Of course she’d have to find him first, but that wouldn’t be too hard. All she had to do was find Angel, force him to tell her and she was home free.

She also had her doubts though. What if the reason he didn’t tell her was because he didn’t love her anymore? She had given him plenty of reasons throughout the years to be angry with her, and maybe after he came back from wherever he was he had gotten over her…moved on. Thinking about it made her heart clench, so she didn’t. Buffy pushed the doubt from her mind. Spike loved her. He had always loved her and she had to believe that it hadn’t changed, and as much as she’d never wanted or accepted his love before she wanted it now. She had to hope that was good enough.


“What does the Great Poof want now?” Spike stated staring down at the cheap piece of plastic phone Angel had given him in case of emergencies. He hadn’t made it a habit of carrying the thing around with him, that being just another way he could piss the wanker off.

But now since he was actually home and the phone was for emergencies only he decided to give it an answer. “What’s the trouble, Peaches?” Spike said with a smirk swinging his legs to the edge of the bed and running a hand through his sleep-tossed locks.

“I’ve sent a car to come get you. We’ve got some…” There was a pause on the other end of the line, as if he couldn’t decide on the right word for the situation. “…issues that only you can deal with.” Spike could hear the irritation in Angel’s voice.

“Mind telling me what kinda issues you got there, mate?” Spike asked with a skeptical lift of his scarred eyebrow as he held the phone to his ear with his shoulder and pulled a black tee over his head.

With a frustrated huff Angel replied again, “Just get your ass over here. You’re the one sh…” He stopped mid-word making Spike even more curious as to what exactly was going on. Another very audible sigh escaped Angel’s lips.

“Fine, fine. I’m coming. Be there in a jiffy, boss,” Spike said with sarcasm oozing off each word. With that he shut the cellular, grabbed his coat and looked out the window, making sure to stay as far away from the sunlight as possible.

It was only early afternoon with the sun still lighting up the sky and he could see the car parked a few feet away from his door. Spike would have to make a run for it, but it wasn’t like he hadn’t made dashes huddled under his precious coat before. So with a deep sigh and cock of his head he reached for the knob, quickly running to the open door of the backseat of the sleek black limo.

“So mate, you got any idea what this ‘issue’ is then?” Spike questioned the driver, pulling his coat down from the top of his head and closing the door.

“No sir, Mr. Spike. I just go where they tell me.”

“Right then, guess I’m on my own.” Whatever this issue was, he as happy to be a part of it if it put Angel in such a foul mood. Plus, he was always up for a little violence especially if whatever little nasty was running about had Angel so spooked.

Slowly but surely Spike’s head began to work through the possibilities. It couldn’t have anything to do with last night; could it? The thing was Spike didn’t remember much of last night. He had been completely drunk and hadn’t become 100 percent sober until he’d woken up around noon. With these thoughts Spike’s curiosity only worsened, but he wouldn’t have to wait that much longer. He would be pulling up to good ‘ol Wolfram and Hart in 3…2…1…


Chapter End Notes:
Thanks ;)