Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks so much to Kristi who made me this fantastic banner!
Chapter 7

A sweet solace washed over Buffy at the feel of his cool skin pressed against her back. For the first time in a long time she felt peaceful. There was nothing she wanted that she didn’t already have. Letting that sweep over her, it seemed almost selfish to be so content, but hey, the so-called Powers That Be owed her a little something, and this was more than enough.

She heard Spike groan and felt him shift slightly behind her. It was a tight fit on his less than average sized bed, not that it bothered Buffy. It forced Spike to pull her tightly to his chest with barely any space between them. No complaints there.

Sensing Spike loosen his grip on her sides, Buffy began to sit up and swing her legs to the side of the bed. She pulled the sheet from the bed and wrapped it around herself leaving Spike completely exposed and sprawled out on the tiny bed. Buffy giggled noticing the small bit of drool escaping his mouth, and was suddenly glad she got up when she did.

As her eyes raked over his body more intently, she began to notice other things. For one, he was perfect. Every inch of him was shaped and striking. His hair had wormed its way out of its usual slicked back look to an untamed mass of small curls on his head. His face seemed so innocent even though a conscious Spike was far from it. He was a mix of dark and light, innocent and feral, a complete contradiction, and Buffy wouldn’t have it any other way.

“See something you like, pet?” The sound of his voice brought Buffy out of her reverie drawling her attention to his eyes. He was completely aware of his nudity; however, modestly was never one of his strong suits.

Spike laid back arms folded behind his head acting as a pseudo pillow. His eyes scanned her form wrapped in his crisp white sheet. God, he never thought he’d be here…that she’d be here. The last six months had been hell without her, and now here she was all flushed and glowing. It was a bloody miracle.

“Spike?” Buffy questioned him as she moved to sit at the foot of the bed.

“Yeah, love?” He was clearly disinterested in her speech as his eyes were still intently studying her. She just sighed and rolled her eyes at him. ‘Stupid, horny vampire,’ Buffy thought with a grin.

“Hello. Earth to Spike…” She leaned in closer to him as she spoke, placing a hand on either side of his form.

“Hmm…I’m here,” He uttered a little shakily. “You never answered my question,” Spike quickly surmised now completely out of his Buffy-induced haze.

“Well I would have if someone hadn’t fallen asleep on me…” Buffy said matter-of-factly as she plopped down onto her heels, which just happened to be on either side of Spike’s thighs.

He let out a small hiss in response to her movement, which only garnered a smirk from Buffy. “Wasn’t sleeping, kitten, just watching you…making sure you’re really here,” he finished dreamily.

“I know what you mean, but I’m here. This is really real Buffy.” She smiled and curled into his embrace finally settling her head against his bare chest and letting the sheet fall over both their bodies once more.

They sat in a comfortable silence both just enjoying being close. “We never really had this. Did we?” He glanced down at her for a second before responding.

“No, I guess we didn’t. We never really did anything like a normal couple, but then again-“

“We’re not exactly normal…” Buffy finished for him looking towards his eyes, which were faced towards the ceiling.

“Yeah, something like that.” His chest rose in an almost bitter laugh.

“Well that’s gonna’ change.” Buffy sat up a bit in Spike’s arms so she could effectively look into his eyes.

He raised a skeptical eyebrow at her. “Don’t think you and I will ever be normal, pet.”

“True…but that’s not what I mean. What I mean is we’re gonna’ do this right. We got a second chance, Spike, and I, for one, am not going to waste it.” Buffy finished her declaration in a huff looking at him expectantly.

Spike was in awe. This was a side of Buffy he rarely experienced, the side that fought for her man. He gave her a loving smile and pulled her closer to him. “Let’s not waste anymore time then.” He kissed her passionately, one hand placed lightly on her check and the other slowly makings its way down her side. Her arms in turn wrapped around his neck, her body falling into his embrace.

He broke from her to let her breathe and placed his forehead against hers. “I love you, Buffy.” His speech was low and husky and did nothing to cool Buffy down.

Pulling herself together, Buffy met his eyes. “I love you, Spike.”

At that, Spike couldn’t holdback any longer and pushed himself inside of her raining kisses up and down her neckline. He adjusted them so he was leaning into her from above. Her arms and legs immediately wrapped around him, as they both feel into ecstasy.

Buffy was lost in everything he was. He was everything she felt, everything she tasted or heard. She couldn’t escape him and didn’t want to. She noticed he was lingering at her neck, sensuously caressing her pulse point with his tongue then nipping lightly down her neckline to her shoulder. It was a pattern he continued to follow. Buffy considered this for a moment, and then she had an idea.

“You can…you know…” She spoke softly in between heavy gasps for air.

“What’s that, love?” He looked up at her questioningly but continued his slow movements inside of her.

“Bite me.” The words were so quite and breathy Spike barely heard them, advantages of vampire hearing he guessed. He glared up at her in response, movement ceasing.

“Bite you. Are you crazy…I could…I could hurt you.”

Buffy raised a hand to his face trying to sooth him. “I trust you.” The words took a moment to sink in. Her trust was the one thing he thought he’d never have. Even if he had her love, trust was a whole different package. “Besides,” she continued more playfully, “I can tell you want to the way you’re practically licking a hole right through my neck.” She smiled at him intertwining her fingers behind his head pulling him back towards her.

With an unsteady sigh, Spike resumed his thrusts and bent his head to her neck. He quickly found the spot where both Angel and Dracula had tasted her and decided to make it his. Lapping richly at the area, he changed into game face.

Buffy heard the slow crunch of his face changing and braced herself for the pain, but was surprised when none came. She felt him leisurely penetrate her neck with his fangs and at the first pull of her blood she felt nothing but bliss. Her eyelids fell closed and colors swirled before her eyes. It seemed cliché but she saw the fireworks…the stars.

‘Talking will just have to wait a little longer…’ Buffy thought as she drifted further into unconscious pleasure.


Chapter End Notes:
Comments are motivators :)