Author's Chapter Notes:
So sorry for the long delay. *hangs head in shame*
Especially since I have no really good excuse for it seeing as how this chapter has been finished for a really long time and only needed light beta work on it. I hope I didn't lose a lot of readers but I understand if I did.
I'll cry...but I'll do it understandingly.
Spike grabbed Buffy's hand and squeezed it hard, both in warning and to hold her back when he felt her instant rage at the poofter's mocking words. As much as he would like to see her kick Angel's ass, this was his fight and letting her take it would only seem to confirm that Spike was as weak as the ponce was implying.

"Whatsa matter Peaches?" he asked with a low chuckle that sent shivers up and down Buffy's spine. "Still tweaked that I never cowered before the greatness of your gigantic brow?"

Buffy's giggle only caused his smirk to widen. 'I never really noticed before, but you're right. His forehead is huge' she said to him through the claim.

'Off course I'm right. I'm always right. And how could you not notice something so glaringly, painfully, and obviously huge?'

Buffy quickly shut off the communication part of the link, not wanting him to pick up on the fact that she had always been too busy trying to figure out how to get him to kiss her to worry about his forehead. Spike shot her a thoroughly disgusted look, her reaction having given him a clear idea as to the answer.

"Do you mean am I still upset that you never showed proper respect for your elders and betters? Am I still determined to teach you the proper way to…respect me? Yes, as a matter of fact, I am." Angel answered his mocking question in a smooth voice that Buffy had thought was gone with Angelus as he stepped forward in a predatory way. Buffy could feel her anger flowing through her body, preparing her muscles for battle. Spike pulled her behind his body, determined to handle this himself.

'I got this Pet. I've been waiting for this too long to let you fight this one for me.' he sent to her.

Not being accustomed to standing on the sidelines during a fight, Buffy was unable to stop the grumble that came out of her, but she acquiesced and stayed back. She could understand where Spike was coming from on this one.

"Let's have us a class right now then Teach." Spike said cheerfully, bouncing on his toes in a way that Buffy had always thought seemed like an excited kid waiting for a rollercoaster. A thought which both amused and intimidated her every time it crossed her mind before they fought. "I seem to have forgotten my lessons from before. Suppose you weren' such a great teacher, yeh?"

Angel roared loudly and charged at Spike, arms open wide with the painfully obvious intention of grabbing the smaller man and using his greater size to subdue him. He didn't even get close.

Spike waited for the right moment, still bouncing on his toes, then jumped in the air and spun around, his combat boot connecting with Angel's jaw with an audible crack that Buffy recognized as a broken bone. Angel stumbled to the side, recovered quickly and tried to take Spike out with a roundhouse. Again, he didn't come close. Spike ducked under his arm and quickly punched him in the gut, immediately following up with a sweeping kick to his ankles, effectively knocking the bigger man onto his back. Before Angel had the chance to push himself up both of Spike's boots landed on his chest, with Spike's full weight perched above them, crouching on top of his grandsire. "Sorry Teach, I must have missed class the day you had lessons on how to get your ass handed to you by a better fighter. You obviously aced that one, I see. Of course, I have yet to meet a better fighter than myself." he said, giving a light smack to Angel's broken jaw, his smirk growing impossibly wider at the sound of pain the light touch elicited.

"Hey!" Buffy protested his claims to superior fighting skills. How many times had she kicked his butt? Angel used the momentary distraction to try and buck the wiry blonde off of him but Spike merely pulled back and jabbed him in the temple, knocking him out, before looking up to grin triumphantly at his mate.

The mate who was feeling rather aroused from watching him beat down the poofter, he noticed. Unfortunately she had been joined by the whelp, Demongirl, Red, and Wolfboy. He started trying to think of an excuse to leave her friends behind.

"Sorry Pet, but you're really not a better fighter than me. You're just the only one who's good enough to fight me to a draw. I'd say you're my equal though." he grinned. Finding herself completely unable to resist his wide smile and sparkling eyes Buffy smiled back even though she felt only slightly mollified. She knew she was a better fighter than him. It was just the circumstances that had kept her from definitively beating him before.

"All right! Angel got his butt kicked, now all I need is for Buffy to kick Dead boys ass here and this will be the best night of my life!" Xander shouted enthusiastically.

One of Spike's eyebrows propped up and he looked at the whelp derisively. "Whelp needs to get laid, don' he? Why aren't you taking care of the boy all proper like, Anyanka?"

"Hey!" Xander protested loudly. "I'll have you know we-"

He was cut off when the girl in question shoved him aside to step forward and look down at the unconscious vampire as if he were an insect she was studying. "I've given him plenty of orgasms, but there's just no accounting for the preferences of teenage humans." she said almost absently. "Why isn't he dusty yet? It usually happens quicker than this." she asked curiously.

"Wasn' trying to dust him. As long as his minion claim is still strong, the Slayer'll feel it when he dusts, and with her being this close, it'll likely hurt a great deal seeing as how she had 'feelings' for him beforehand," he answered with a sneer stepping off of the brutally vanquished brunette and walking over to his mate. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her in close to his body and nuzzled his face into her silky, sweet smelling hair, and sending chills down her spine. "Liked that, did ya?" he asked, whispering softly for her ears only. Well the wolf boy probably heard but Spike wasn't concerned about that. The only thing he was concerned with right then was the wonderful scent of arousal rising off of his mate.

"It's always made me hot to watch you fight." she admitted, whispering softly so no one could hear. He was nibbling on her ear lobe and licking the column of her throat now. Two could play this game, she decided, feeling just a little irritated that it was so easy for him to get her aching to jump him. Maybe she could do the same to him with just words. "Especially when it was me you were fighting. I always had to go home and take care of myself after a run in with you unless I wanted to hear all the other vamps wonder what had me so excited." Spike growled and clutched her tighter digging his fingers into her hips. Just as he was deciding to throw her over his shoulder and take off like he had done the night before, Oz coughed softly, making Buffy aware that there was someone else who could hear her despite her whispers. She pulled away from Spike, growling softly when he tightened his grip but he wouldn't let her go.

She turned mortified eyes to Oz and blushed a deep red, making him smile and Spike laugh. She tried to jab Spike in the stomach but he was still holding her too tightly and she didn't have the room for enough leverage to do him any real damage. "Isn't Giles expecting us in the war room?" she asked desperate for a distraction to stop the questions she could see in Xander's expression from being asked. Oz would be polite and keep his mouth shut, but she had no doubt that Spike would be more than glad to tell everyone what she had said.

Damn evil vampire.

Just then she got her distraction. Angel moaned and started to stir as he woke up and everyone turned to watch him.

It took a few moments, but he did eventually open his eyes and look up, dismayed to see how many had witnessed him lose a fight to his grand childe. It was bad enough that Buffy, of all people had seen that, but at least she wouldn't tease him about it. Xander however… He wouldn't hear the end of this as long as the boy was living, he just knew it.

Too bad Angelus hadn't taken care of that while he was around and Angel had a working conscience that wouldn't allow him to do so.

"Yes." Anya answered Buffy's desperate query. "He gave me a call earlier to make sure I'd be there. I suppose he wants to grill me for information now, and the questions will never end. I should have kept my mouth shut yesterday and kept letting you people overlook me." She was smiling slightly despite her words and Buffy thought that maybe she was glad to finally have her knowledge and experience acknowledged.

"Speaking of which, I feel really stupid for not having realized that before Anya. I mean really, how did I not ever consider that we had over a thousand years of experience right there?" Buffy felt compelled to blurt out. She had thought about this a little bit earlier and decided that she blamed Xander just as much as she blamed herself. He was always treating Anya as though she wasn't all there, and Buffy had gone along with it just because he was the one that brought her around. That didn't stop Buffy from feeling foolish for never having thought about it before though..

"Yeah, that was kind of dumb Pet." Spike had to throw in. Just then Angel finally managed to get to his feet moaning loudly when he didn't get any of the pity or concern he felt that he should, and drawing Buffy's attention to him, saving Spike from any revenge she might have taken for him calling her dumb.

"As for you." she said coldly, the silver shine in her eyes making it clear that the Slayer was in control right now. "You will never speak to my mate that way again. He is now your master as much as I am your mistress, and you will show him the deference he is due as such. Go home, heal and then tomorrow I want you to leave Sunnydale. Go find out more about your curse and ways to anchor your soul to you permanently. Maybe once you can get laid every now and then you won't piss me off so much."

If he could have flushed, Angel would have, as it was he nodded, hung his head and began the walk of shame back to his apartment, followed by the sound of Spike and Xander's almost hysterical laughter.