He was just about to speak to her when he became aware of someone approaching. Two someones, actually. He couldn't hear them or smell them, but he knew they were coming nonetheless. It took him a moment to realize that he was picking up the knowledge through the claim they had just performed.

"Who?" he asked simply, knowing she would understand. He pushed her tighter against the wall, expecting her to try to move away from him, and couldn't help the smirk on his face when she clenched her legs tighter around his waist instead.

"My childe, and my minion." she answered.

He raised his eyebrows and looked at her with the question clearly written on his face. "I know you're not a vampire, Slayer. You'll have to explain a little more clearly than that."

"And I will. Later, when we go to the library. I still have to explain to Giles, Angel,and the gang, so I'll just tell everyone at once."

He growled at the mention of his Sire/Grandsire and bit down with his blunt teeth on his claim mark, making her shiver and clamp down on his already hardening cock. "He doesn't get you anymore, Slayer." he growled into her neck. "You belong to me now, and I don't share."

Although Spike was still feeling shell shocked and dizzy from the sudden turn around in his life and intentions towards this girl, there was one thing he didn't doubt at all. She was his, and he'd kill anyone that tried to change it. His demon had picked her without giving Spike a choice in the matter, but amazingly, that didn't bother Spike as much as he would have thought. After all, she was a hot little number, and he'd always enjoyed trading insults with her between kicks. Hell, he even liked her somewhat scary mum! It wasn't difficult to believe that womans daughter was the Slayer.

So this could work. It just might take a little...work.

"He already fucked up, Spike, don't worry. He did something really wrong and I just...reacted instinctively. I didn't even really know what I was doing but the demon part of me seemed to think it was right. Anyway he pissed me and my demon off really badly, so we made him our very first minion." She giggled at the look of surprise that was quickly followed by a loud roar of laughter that had her bouncing around on him. She had to tighten the grip her legs had on his waist and she still almost fell off.

He finally began to calm down and was reduced to giggles and hiccups that he buried in her neck. She could feel his humor through the new claim and even how ironically right he thought it was.

"So what'd the poof do to ya to desere that then, pet?" he asked between giggles.

"It's not important. Really. And he can never try to do it to me again now. Also, he'll probably think long and hard before he tries it with anyone else too." She realized that she was somewhat afraid of what his reaction would be to Angel's attempted claim. She could already feel the intense possessiveness he felt towards her, not to mention the almost insane jealousy that seemed reserved for all things Angel.

He looked at her soberly for a moment before deciding to let it go for now.

"And your childe?" he asked.

"That happened before I knew what was happening to me. I was scared and angry, so Iwent out on patrol because I really really wanted to kill something." He smiled a little, amused to learn that she had that in common with him. Looks like the side of good had a little evil too. He raised his eyebrow, encouraging her to continue when his smile caused her brain to misfire and her voice to dry up.

"I saw him and was going to kill him," she explained, "but he was so scared and submissive, I could smell it on him. The fear, and the... desire to please. My demon wanted him so she took over and made him our childe. You know him. Dalton?"

He smiled, pleased to hear that the one who shared such a close bond with her wasn't someone that he would perceive as competition. Her minion however... They had competed with each other since the very beginning.

Just then, the two under discussion raced into the alley and stopped at the sight of their mistress joined so intimately with a vampire they both knew so well.

Dalton read the contentment his mistress was feeling and smiled, feeling happy and hopeful for her. Angel only read the way his long time opponent was wrapped around the woman he wanted for himself and growled, crouching in preparation to attack, not looking any further than his eyes could see, and therefore not realizing how closely the two were linked beyond just their bodies.

The growl that rumbled out of his chest was one that he used as a Sire to control Spike. It had always worked before and he expected no differently now.

So it shocked the hell out of him when Spike turned to look at him and growled back before swiveling his hips, causing the woman Angel loved to throw her head back and moan in ecstasy and enraging Angel further. He tensed up to attack, but before he could Buffy turned to look at him, silver glinting in her eyes and growled a low command that made his knees buckle, causing him to drop to the filthy ground in the alley. The tone of command she used was so forceful that Dalton hit the ground beside him at the same time.

To Spike's surprise, his own knees quivered for an instant with the desire to follow her command before he clamped down on the muscles holding him up. He refused to be anything less than an equal to the woman he had just performed a mating claim with. He had lived for long enough as inferior to the one he loved, but he wouldn't do it with this woman.

She clamped her inner muscles and purred her happiness with the strength he had shown in resisting her command. He could feel through their new bond that she was pleased that he wouldn't bow down to her, but would instead face her as an equal. This turned him on so much that the sudden need for release overtook him and had him moving roughly in and out of her, driving her to the same state and the same need. It was quick and urgent this time, with his fingers rubbing her clit roughly to pull her along quickly, and her massaging his cock with those wonderful muscles while he drove in and out of her, bringing them both quickly to the completion they needed.

Dalton smiled in rapture, enjoying the emotions and sensations he was sharing with Buffy through their bond, and Angel groaned in pain and jealousy unable to tear his eyes away from the train wreck that was occurring in front of his disbelieving eyes.

When they came together and clamped down on each other's necks, he finally felt the bond they had created and understood that it was too late for him to have any hope. He couldn't hurt Spike anymore because to do so would hurt the woman he still loved and that was something he could never do. No matter how angry he was that she had not only not chosen him, but had chosen Spike! whom he despised so thoroughly and had always thought of as inferior to himself, he knew he could never bring himself to deliberately hurt Buffy.

Angel also knew that Spike would be inferior no more. Not when he got to partake of regular doses of Slayer's blood. He bowed his head in defeat and cursed the tears that he felt welling up in his eyes.

Thankfully, Buffy seemed to understand his distress and let him know, silently through their bond, that he could leave if he wanted. Grateful for her understanding, he did just that.

Spike finally released Buffy, allowing her to stand on her own feet. He held onto her for a moment while she regained control of her shaky muscles then zipped himself back into his jeans and helped her repair her halter top. He smiled and kept his mouth shut when he noticed her looking around for her underwear, but she felt his smugness through their bond and glared at him. He just smirked and waggled his eyebrow, until she gave up and tugged her skirt a little bit lower.

"Since there's no way I'm going on patrol like this, we may as well go to the library and talk to Giles," she decided, shooting another glare at Spike, whom she just knew had stolen her favorite thongs.

She spun away from him and walked to Dalton who was still kneeling in the mouth of the alley. She placed her hand on his head and told him to rise, ignoring the spears of jealousy she could feel coming off of Spike when she touched another man. When she went to place her hand on Dalton's chest however, she could ignore him no longer. He grabbed her hand in a bruising grip and yanked her away from her childe. "I told you, I don't share." he growled.

"This is, apparently, one of the many things we'll need to work out. The first one would be your feeding habits." she told him, glaring again.

"I know Slayer. You can't let me kill people while we're together." he sighed petulantly. Getting to the work part of the relatioship awfully quickly.

Dalton raised his hand as if he had something to say, but Spike beat him to it. "As long as you let me sip from you every now and then, I won't need anything else. Slayer's blood is more powerful and filling than anything else, even Sire's blood." he explained.

Dalton lowered his hand and nodded in agreement.

"Good." Buffy said. "Cuz somehow, I think it would hurt me a lot if I had to dust you now."

"That was a mating claim, Slayer." Spike said softly. "If you die now, I dust. If I dust, you die. Our lives are linked."

"Oh no!" Buffy cried out in distress. "That's not fair to you! I'm mortal! I will die! Why didn't you stop me?"

"You're not really mortal anymore, Slayer. You'll live as long as I do. Even if it's centuries. You'll age at the same rate as me too. So you won' t age at all now." he explained.

"Oh." She chewed on her lip for a moment. That was a lot to take in, and she'd definitely have to think about it more at another time. But on the lighter side of immortality... "So I get to have the body of an eighteen year old forever now? And still keep my soul and not have to live on a liquid diet? That is totally of the good."

Spike laughed and wrapped his arms around her, swinging her in a short circle. "Dru was right." he stated. He started to laugh again and then just looked at her in shock when she ripped herself out of his arms and slapped him across the face.

"I don't share either, Spike. You don't belong to her anymore, and I won't let you go back to her. I'd rather we were both dead first." she growled at him.

Dalton stepped back, out of the line of fire, feeling the jealousy and rage that was pumping through her body.

"I don't want to go back to the loony bird." Spike said with an exasperated tone. "I was only noting that she really did know what she was talking about when she said I was covered in you and wasn't hers anymore. I didn't understand what she meant by that until this very moment. I am covered in you. I'm drowning in you," he said softly leaning in to whisper in her ear and nuzzle his claim mark, "and I don't want to come up for air."

Being an eighteen year old girl, she did what any sensible eighteen year old girl would do at hearing those words from this man. She swooned into his arms and melted into his eyes, lifting her mouth towards him for a slow, sweet, exploratory kiss. When he pulled his mouth away and rested his forehead on hers she groaned in fear.

"Oh my god! Giles really is going to kill me now!"

Spike growled at the implied threat to his mate and had to fight the demon to keep control.

"I mean, he definitely hates Angel more than you, but at least Angel had a soul, he couldn't argue with his help. But you don't! He'll never understand."

Spike just looked at her, feeling her fear and her despair, wishing there was something he could do to make her feel better. But this time it was Dalton who came forth with the good , it was good news to her, anyway. It actually kind of scared the hell out of Spike. Not that he'd ever admit it.

"Actually he does have a soul now. Part of one anyway. When you claimed each other and then affirmed the claim again, you shared your soul with him. I had already read about it but wasn't sure I believed it until I saw it happen. You lit up with a beautiful golden light, Buffy. Then when the two of reaffirmed the claim with bites, it poured into him until you were both filled with it and glowing." Dalton explained.

"Don't think that that means I'm gonna go all broody and depressed like the great forehead did!" Spike said.

"I sure hope not!" Buffy answered grabbing his hand and leading the two men to the library and the confrontation with the only father figure in her life.