Author's Chapter Notes:
I haven't been putting this on every chapter, (frankly it's depressing) so this will have to cover all the ones I have forgotten and probably will forget again:
I don't own anything. Not Buffy, or Dalton, and thank goodness not Angel, and it's obvious that I don't own Spike. If I did, he would never wear clothes. Ever. It's just a shame to hide that body.
Buffy made Angel finish the entire song and dance from the Thriller video. She had been prepared to feed him the steps and what little of the words she could remember through the minion link she had with him but to her complete and utter shock,not to mention Spike's intense amusement, he already knew the entire thing better than she did.

She was aware of the arrival of her friends but chose to ignore their reactions for now. Well...most of their reactions anyway. When she heard the unexpected and extremely rare sound of Oz's laughter she was unable to resist sending the werewolf a small smile that soon widened into a huge grin when he shot her a thumbs up while he pulled his cell phone out to record Angel's impromptu performance for the purpose of posterity. She got a huge thrill out of seeing the usually taciturn musician acting so light hearted, and Spike must have sensed it because she felt a wave of jealousy from him just before he gave her a good shake to reclaim her attention.

'Told ya Slayer, I don' share, so you better save those warm feelings for me.' he informed her through their still new mating claim.

'Cool it Big Bad,' she sent back. 'I'll save all the lustful feelings for you, but the fact of the matter is that I loved these people before I knew you existed. Well, not Oz, those warm fuzzies are more recent due to the help he gave me in adjusting to the new and improved senses, but seeing as there's nothing romantic about my feeling towards anyone else, you really need to get a little chilly with the whole possessive bit.'

Spike still didn't like it but he did manage to quell the jealousy somewhat. After all, she had a hell of a point. Just because they were mated now didn't mean he loved his dark princess any less. Although he was pretty brassed off about the fact that she'd been right in what she said before leaving him the last time.

Spike ambled down the street next to his new mate, trying to block all the nervous fear that was pouring off of her and into him through the claim. He really didn't feel like dealing with her roller coaster emotions right now. He had his own fears and doubts now that the first wave of lust and possession was over.

How the hell did he always end up in one supremely fucked up situation after another? Leave it up to him to end up being the first vampire mated to a Slayer. And not just any Slayer.

Nooo...that would be too easy for him. Nope, he had to go and claim the same Slayer who had repeatedly screwed up his life.

She put him in a wheel chair, and if that wasn't bad enough, she had to go and bring that bastard Angelus back to steal his dark princess away. And now she was the reason his ripe plum had left him for good? So he comes back to Sunnyhell to kille the little bint and prove himself worthy of Dru, and what the hell happens?

He fucks her against the wall in an alley and bonds himself to her for all eternity!

Covered in the Slayer, indeed! Was this what Dru had seen? Cuz if she had seen this going down and not warned him properly so he could prevent it, he'd hunt her down and dust the loony bint himself.

"Stop it Spike!" Buffy yelled at him, startling the other two vampires and the whelp who had opted to walk with them to the library, most likely to keep an eye on the scary vampire who was cuddling with his long time crush.

"The hell, Slayer?" Spike shouted back.

"Look, if you think I'm any happier about this situation than you are, then the peroxide must have leaked into your brain! Like I really wanted to go and mate myself to the most annoying vampire that ever existed! I think I'd rather find myself doomed to a sexless eternity with Angel, but it's too late for..."

Before she could finish that thought she found herself pinned to the large display window of the store they were passing. Spike was pushing her shoulders into the window and had his face right up to hers. His vamped out, snarling face.

And what the hell was wrong her that this possessive demon crap, game face and all, was extremely hot to her?

"I already tol' ya Slayer, you belong to me now and I dont' share. Peaches doesn't get to touch you anymore, not even in your thoughts. Understand?" he sneered at her.

"Oh, but I'm supposed to just smile and deal with it while your mourning the loss of your 'dark princess? I heard every thought going through your head, Spikey." she sneered. God he hated when she called him that! The stupid little bird knew it too. Always used to call him that when they were fighting, trying to piss him off enough to lose his cool.

She thrust one arm up into the air and twisted out of his grip, then she grabbed him by the throat and held him up in the air. Too bad I'm too short to do more than just barely get his toes off the ground, she thought with annoyance. "I don't share either blondey, so you better get those thoughts out of your head if you don't want me thinking about how it felt lose my virginity to your grandsire." She ignored his snarling and went on. "Obviously neither one of us is thrilled to be in this sitch, but it's happened. Apparently the demons in us saw something in each other that we haven't found yet." As she spoke he became aware of something like a wall in her mind that shut off the link between them. It made him feel weird to lose that connection. Wrong. Incomplete.

Not to mention insanely jealous. Did she do that so she could think of Peaches without his knowing? He snarled at the thought.

"But it happened and now we have to deal with the consequences. Like it or not, we belong to each other and we better learn how to deal with it before we kill each other," she finished before reluctantly setting him back on his feet.

Spike stood there and took a few unneeded breaths, trying to control the temper that wanted to rage out of control. "Open it back up, Slayer." he demanded. "Leave the connection open."

"No. Not until we figure out how to do this. I can't handle having you in my head telling me what I can and can't think. I'll watch what I say out of respect for the whole possessive asshole part of this claim thing, but I don't want you in my head right now. And I sure as hell don't want to hear thinking about your crazy ex. If I get another image of her naked, I'm either gonna have to puke, or dust her in front of you just before I dust you. And I don't really care at this point whether or not that will kill me. As long as I never have to listen to whine about how much you want your 'ripe plum'"

"You don't touch Druscilla, hear me!" he screamed at her, practically frothing at the mouth.

"Don't really want to. That's why I closed the link so I could quit feeling like it was necessary."

By this time they were crossing the parking lot of the high school where her friends had parked the van and gone inside to wait for them. Buffy looked back and saw Angel smirking at the fight and felt the smugness he was feeling. Even stronger than Angel's satisfaction however, was the wave of worry coming off of Dalton.

This wasn't looking good for Buffy. Her demon needed love and it didn't look like Spike was the one to give it to Dalton's beloved mistress. For the first time since Spike had turned him so he could use his medical knowledge and love of research to bring Druscilla's health and strength back, he didn't feel lonely and he didn't want to lose the woman responsible for his new sense of belonging. He only wished that the love he felt for her was the right type of love, romantic soulmate kind of love, because the way things were looking now, she wasn't going to find it with the mate she had taken.

As if that wasn't enough to worry about, it was now time to confess all to her Watcher, the man that Dalton knew was like a father to the woman he idolized. He was terrified of the man's reaction. He was closely linked to Buffy after reaffirming the childe claim so many times and so he knew that it would break Buffy to lose the love of this man.

Dalton had always been very peacable for a vampire, never enjoyed the hunt or the kill. He had been relieved when Buffy showed him that he could live without killing and helped him with controlling his demon, but if this man hurt Buffy, Dalton knew that he would kill the Brit himself. He would kill anyone that hurt his mistress.