Author's Chapter Notes:
Feeling kind of frisky tonight, so here's a second chapter...
Oh yeah. I don't own anything or any of the characters, I just like to get them naked and make them do dirty things...
Buffy burst through the library doors with her back held straight and her head held high. Yeah, she was terrified of the reaction her friends would have once they heard the whole story but that didn't mean she was going to slink around and act like a criminal. She was pretty sure everyone would have a huge problem with the mating claim she'd done with Spike even if they were accepting of everything else they were going to learn tonight, so she may as well as go into this the way she intended to continue. Assured in her choices and confident. Even if it was a split second decision that may have had more to do with hormones than sense.

She was feeling pretty conflicted about it herself at the moment, with Spike being such an ass, but she refused to let herself think about it right now when there was another 'battle' she had to fight. The ability to push everything else aside and focus on business was definitely one of the better things she'd gotten along with her calling. It enabled her to forget about whatever fear she may be feeling and perform her duties to the best of her abilities without distraction. So what if she went home afterwards and broke down in the shower while the radio blared away on the counter covering the sounds of her sobbing?

As long as she was in control while it was important and lives or even dimensions were on the line, noone had to know that inside the tough Slayer exterior she was still a frightened little girl. And that was why she'd closed the link with Spike earlier. The closer she came to the library and the discussion she dreaded so much, the more they were arguing over extremely stupid things. She might not like that he was thinking about Dru but he had spent a century with the...woman...vampiress...crazy ho.

She could understand that he would be thinking about her now as he stood on the verge of beginning another relationship. One that probably went against everything he thought he knew about himself. They were really in a similar situation here and she could feel for his mixed emotions about the thing, but with her freaking out so bad about the coming confrontation, and him no doubt picking up on her wild emotions, the first fight since the beginning of their 'relationship' was inevitable.

She'd closed the link so that she could keep her emotions seperate from the coming 'battle'. Otherwise there was no way she'd be able to confront this head long. Even with the link closed however, she could feel his anger and irritation and...something else, she wasn't sure what, pounding at her with an almost physical sensation of waves rolling over her. Angry waves. She thought that it might be worth trying to see if she could batter him with waves of lust, or amusement, maybe she could make him giggle like a little girl again. Some other time of course. And so it was that she knew she was ready to face this, no matter what the outcome. It was when she became irreverant and couldn't control the puns and quips and completely innappropriate to the moment thoughts that she was the most battle ready.

"So how you doing Giles? I'll bet you're a little bit dizzy right now. Having everything you thought you knew turned upside down will do that, I know." she said lightly.

With her entire focus centered on Giles and waiting for his reaction she didn't notice the slightly awed and somewhat proud look that Spike was giving her, but Dalton did and he couldn't help but smile widely. There might be hope for an eternity for his mistress after all. The happiness and hope he felt upon seeing the way Spike was looking at Buffy was transferred to her through their bond and it was obvious to the vampires and possibly the werewolf if not the humans when she relaxed and lost the feeling of defensiveness allowing her trio of protectors to relax.

Giles continued to polish his glasses, obviously searching for the words to use, and returning a small measure of Buffy's nervousness.

"So what's the what, Giles? Have you decided to kill me or keep me? Or turn me in to the council which is basically the same as killing me, only without the balls." she asked softly, somehow succeeding in keeping all confrontational tones out of her voice.

Too bad vampires were instinctually confrontational.

At the mention of a possibility of danger to her from the older man there was suddenly a wall of angry, growling fangs, amber eyes and extended claws between the Slayer and her Watcher. Giles had just replaced his glasses, having found the right words with the help of his anger at her for asking that question. How could she even consider that he would want to turn her in or even, Powers forbid, kill her himself? He was thrown off for a moment when he was suddenly confronted by three angry vampires, but he only blinked at them a few times before speaking loudly enough to be heard above the continuous growling.

"Buffy, I could never kill you for any reason. I'm sorry to say that I probably wouldn't be able to do it even if you'd been turned into a vampire, which is obviously not the case here. I love you, foolish girl. Like the daughter I never wanted." he said to the girl he couldn't even see for the wall of taller angry vampires.

Buffy was so relieved at Giles' response that the barrier she had put up in her mind to keep Spike completely out of her head crumbled to dust, obliterated by the flood of emotions that both the insecure girl Buffy and the Slayer Buffy were experiencing. When Spike was hit so unexpectedly by the torrent of raw, unconditional love that Buffy was sending to her Watcher, the force of it knocked him to his knees.

Not noticing anything other than the need to look in Giles' eyes and confirm his love, Buffy easily flipped over the vampires landing neatly, directly in front of the stunned englishman. What she saw in his eyes obviously reassured her, because she immediately flung her self into his arms, wrapping hers about his torso and burying her face in his chest, unexpectedly overcome by tears of release.

Sobbing loudly, she was finally able to relieve herself of all the tension and strain she had been feeling for so many weeks now. Although initially stunned by the breakdown of a girl that he knew was phenominally strong, both physically and mentally, Giles quickly overcame his usual hesitation towards public displays and quickly scooped her up and walked the two steps to his desk chair, where he sat with her cradled on his lap while he rubbed her back as she heaved with sobs. The teenagers stared, stunned by disbelief at first, but they were quickly overcome by discomfort at witnessing what seemed to be such an intensely personal moment and looked away. All except for Anya who merely watched with a wide, pleased grin until Xander pulled her away and turned her back to the couple.

Angel and Dalton also tried to give the two some privacy by turning and walking through the stacks as if in search of reading material. Spike however found himself pacing the area in front of the desk with a low snarl vibrating his chest.

He had been knocked for a loop by the initial wave of emotions coming from his mate and had spent a short moment feeling utter awe that anyone could feel such overwhelming emotions, but his awe was quickly followed by anger because now that he had experienced one wall that kept him completely out of her thoughts, he could recognize another, smaller one that seemed to be blocking something specific, and jealousy that those emotions weren't aimed at him.

And how stupid was that? He didn't love the Slayer and he didn't want her love, so why should he feel jealous? Then the watcher had gathered her in his arms to comfort her and his jealousy had quickly turned into a violent, possessive rage that he was fighting against with every bit of control he had ever learned.

He kept reminding himself of the words she had said to him about loving them before she knew him, but not feeling romantic towards any of them. (Which he knew was a damn lie. It was her 'romantic feelings' towards Angel that had sent him raging in to tear up Spikes relationship with Dru, dammit!) Searching her now, he knew there was nothing sexual at all, only filial thoughts in the love she was swamping him with, but all the same, his demon was enraged at the sight of his mate in the arms of another male, and Spike wasn't sure how much longer he would be able to control his demonic instincts.