Buffy was trying to figure out a way to diplomaticaly refuse Giles' request to see Angel forced to do the chicken dance. Even though it was purely in the interest of research. Of course.

It only took Buffy about four seconds of thought to realize that she couldn't deny Giles. Not after the hours of torture he had endured at the hands of a soulless Angel.

Spike started bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet, and Buffy would swear that she heard a giggle from the blonde vampire. Obviously he had picked her answer out of her mind.

She looked at Angel, trying to convey that he could do this on his own or he would be forced. He obviously understood, as evidenced by the way he jumped up and ran for the door using his vampire speed. Too bad for him that a former valley girl could talk faster than a vampire could run, even if she happened to be speaking in an ancient language.

Angel stopped suddenly in the center of the open space between the doors and the table. It was rather reminiscent of a dog reaching the end of his leash.

He spun around slowly, still fighting against the orders, and making Buffy angry. She growled louder and Willow and Xander gasped at seeing her green eyes flash silver and a small pair of fangs pushing at her bottom lip.

Angry at Angels defiance, Buffy not only made him do the dance, she also had him vocalize the silly little tune that always went along with the chicken dance.

Four times.

Oz pulled out his cell phone and began video taping the performance. For posterity of course.

Willow dissolved into a giggle fit that left her breathless with tears rolling down her face.

Anya watched with an almost indulgent smile, while Giles watched the angry, humiliated look on Angels face with a satisfied smile.

For the first time since seeing Buffy in Spike's arms, Xander wasn't exuding anger and disgust. Apparently it's hard to hold on to those emotions when you're otherwise busy laughing your ass off.

Spike was laughing and giving Angel advice. "Show some enthusiasm, man! No one wants to pay to see a lackluster performance like that! Show us those pearly whites!" Angel snarled at him, baring his teeth.

Buffy just rolled her eyes before finally releasing Angel from her bonds and letting the humiliated vampire run from the library so he could go brood in peace.

Spike turned to Buffy, mouth opening to say something that he never got the chance to say. As soon as he saw her silver eyes and small fangs, something inside him snapped. Hard enough for Buffy to feel it. Her eyes flared brighter in response, so that they seemed to be lit from within.

All signs of laughter disappeared from Spike's face as his demon took over and his face shifted. He crouched down and rammed his shoulder into Buffy's waist causing her to fold over his back. He then wrapped his arm around her legs gripping her thigh with one big hand and spun around to run from the library.

Before he made it to the door, Xander was already running to the weapons cage, searching frantically for the keys.

Giles knew that Buffy would have no problem removing herself from Spike's grip, so he merely watched.

She pulled his duster to one side, baring his denim clad ass and gripped one cheek while she smacked the other. Then she lifted her upper body away from him enough to look up and shoot her friends an evil, excited look just as they disappeared through the doors.

Willow, who was watching with a stunned look on her face turned bright red and averted her eyes to a corner of the library, being too embarrassed to risk meeting someone's eye. Oz chuckled and Anya cheered and wished them many orgasms.

Xander started swearing, being still unable to find the keys that Giles was unobtrusively slipping into his pocket. "Xander, there's no reason to go chasing after them. I'm fairly certain Buffy has no desire to be 'rescued'.

"What?!" Xander exclaimed, "did you see the way he went all bumpy before he snatched her up and ran? And now you want to just stand here while he kills her?"

"Giles is right, Xander. Buffy wanted to go with him." Willow said softly with another fierce blush. Oz chuckled.

"Oh, yes," Anya agreed, "They're about to give each other many orgasms. Honestly, I'm surprised they managed to hold off this long so early in the claim."

"Yes, erm, well," Giles paused as an image of Buffy grinning and slapping a master vampires ass replayed in his mind. "Perhaps tomorrow we could discuss all your knowledge of the claiming rituals and practices tomorrow, Anya?" Giles asked. "When she nodded, he came around the desk and began to usher the group out the door. "I think it's time for everyone to go home and get some rest for now, but we can continue this meeting tomorrow after school."

As soon as everyone was out and Giles had locked the front doors of the school he returned to his office and fell into his desk chair. He sighed and relived, yet again, the image of Buffy and Spike-his Slayer and a vampire for God's sake!- groping each other on their hasty way out the door.

"Oh good Lord." he muttered to himself just before reaching into a desk drawer and pulling out a bottle of Scotch. He had every intention of drinking until he could completely purge the disturbing image from his mind.


Chapter End Notes:
I couldn't figure out how to continue on with this oh-so-stimulating conversation (ran out of jokes), so I just had Spike and Buffy do what I would have wanted to do. Run away!!