Author's Chapter Notes:
After a LONG hiatus I have started writing again. (Yay!) My previous pen name was Azrielle6969 (or Azrielle) Pari (THE MOST AWESOMEST!!!!) Changed my account name for me, so that I could access my previous fics and re-write them as I have changed drastically as a writer since the last time I posted anything.


This is a SPUFFY story with mention of B/A, Angel told Buffy to move on, she has an idea to make him jealous and want her back. Let’s just see what happens. Oh, and I LOVE to mess with timelines.

This story is un-beta’d so if you see any errors please inform me.

Dialogue borrowed from “Buffyverse DB” http://vrya.net/bdb/index.php

This will be NC-17, possible bloodplay (*evil grin*) as Spike IS still a vampire

This is for MARYPERK!!! (How did you remember this one?)
Joyce picked up the paper Buffy had left on the counter and read Spike’s heartfelt words. By the time she was finished reading she had tears falling down her face. ‘Why would anyone disapprove of someone loving her this much?’ She wondered.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

Insistent knocking at the door made Giles frown. ‘Who in blue blazes…I’m not expecting anyone.’ Walking towards the door he replaced the glasses on his face. “Buffy?”

“Giles…I need help.” She said softly. He could see her trembling; her eyes were red rimmed and puffy. It was quite obvious to him that she had been crying before she arrived.

Leaving the door open, without inviting her in he walked over to the table and sat down.

“You think he turned me? You think I’d let him do that?” She asked incredulously. She walked in and stood beside him tapping her foot impatiently.

“Buffy it’s not that simple. Spike kidnapped…” Giles glanced at the mark on her neck. He was furious. “He bit you? You let him bite you?”

“You don’t understand…”

“I’m sorry Buffy…but you must understand…Spike…he is an evil soulless monster who gives no thought to anyone else’s feelings…He is a shell of the man he once was with a demon residing in his flesh…”

Buffy glared angrily at him. She walked out of his flat wordlessly, Giles calling her name didn’t even penetrate her anger as she stormed out of the house. ‘I’ll trust my own bloody instincts thank you very much watcher-man.’ She was so angry she didn’t even notice she’d used one of Spike’s words.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

She walked aimlessly. She couldn’t even cry anymore, she had used up all of her tears already. ‘Where is he?’

Suddenly an idea popped into her head and she took off in another direction.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

Getting no satisfaction from the bottle he downed Spike just wanted to go home. He left Willy’s and walked all the way there with his head down, not even enjoying the sun. He walked into his Crypt, slamming the door behind himself.

“Blondie bear!” Harmony shrieked throwing herself at Spike.

“Bloody hell.” He muttered pushing her away. ‘Forgot about the bint.’ Sighing he rolled his eyes. “It's been fun while it lasted, Harm, but I think it'd be best now if you hit the road. I’ll be back tonight and you best not be here.”

“What? Why?” She whined.

“I just can’t deal with you anymore…” He said running his hand through his hair.

“It’s her isn’t it? The slayer.” Harmony snarled. “I’m gonna get that bitch.”

Spike’s arm shot out and he had her by the throat before she could even blink. “I would really rethink that if I were you Harm. I think it would be best if you left Sunnydale…”

“Alright alright. What’s your damage?” She growled grabbing him by the wrist.

“I’m…I’m just gonna go. I mean it Harm. Leave. Sunnydale. For good.”

“Ok…Ok…Sheesh…I can smell her all over you…if you think I’d want you back now…” She choked back a sob.

“Shut your gob.” Spike growled as he walked out into the sun.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

“Slayer.” Willy welcomed Buffy into the bar.

“Willy. Have you seen Spike?” She asked.

“He…he uh…he was here earlier…but he left a little while ago…” Willy said nervously wringing his hands.

“Did he say where he was going?” She asked.

“I think he mumbled something about home…but I’m not sure. Is this about him being able to walk in the sun?” Willy asked intrigued by the fact that a Master Vampire could.

“No. It has nothing to do with that…um…if you see him again could you tell him I was looking for him? It’s really important…” Buffy said softly.

“Sure Slayer…sure…”

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

Buffy stalked silently towards her goal. She pushed open the crypt door silently. She could feel her ‘Spidey sense’ going off, but knew it wasn’t Spike.

She glanced around and no one was on the upper level so she made her way downstairs. “Harmony…have you seen Spike?” Harmony turned to her with fear in her eyes.

“You’re not here to fight me…are you?” She asked timidly.

“No…I’m really not. Just looking for Spike…” Buffy held up her hands palms out.

“He left…He asked me to move out of Sunnydale…as you can see I’m packing…” Harmony whined.

“He asked you to leave?” Buffy questioned.

“Yeah. He’s in love with you…” Harmony said softly, tears forming in her eyes.

“I know…I have to find him…”

“I knew he didn’t want to kill you. I’ve known for a long time…longer than he has…It’s why Dru left him you know…She knew too…”

“Oh…I didn’t know that…” Buffy said softly. “I have to find him…”

“Oh my god! Are those bite marks? Did he…bite you?” Harmony squealed.

“He…uh Angel said he claimed me…” Buffy said tracing her fingertips over the mark her vampire left.

“Claimed you? If he did that you’ll be able to find him easily…” Harmony smiled.

“Really? How?” Buffy asked excitement shining in her eyes.

“If I tell you…you’re not gonna hurt him are you? I know he isn’t always…”

“I’m not gonna hurt him. I promise…I just really need to…”

“Find him. I know. Ok…close your eyes and concentrate…you’ll be able to feel him. I mean really feel him. He’ll call to you…your mark there…” She pointed at the still inflamed skin. “It’ll tingle…”

“Thanks Harmony. I really appreciate your help.” Buffy smiled.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

Spike knew Buffy would either be in class or making up with Angel, his next destination was decided. He made his way over to Revello Drive. He honestly couldn’t think of anywhere else to go when he needed comfort.

Tapping softly on the door he waited.

“Spike.” Joyce opened the door. “Come on in…”

“I could really use a cuppa Joyce…” His voice was raw with emotion.

“Of course…” She said kindly. “I’ve even stocked up on those tiny marshmallows you like so much.”

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

Angrily Angel paced the length of his room. ‘Well my old room anyway. Hasn’t really been mine in a long time. Much better than going into their room.’

He couldn’t think about that room anymore. He couldn’t go into that room, actually no one could go in there. Angel had trashed it. Slashing the bed with his claws he ripped it to pieces. He had knocked over the bedside table, shattering it, and howling in a fit of fury he urinated all over the whole mess. It went a long way towards disguising the scent that still lingered in the air.

That’s why he was upstairs in his room. He couldn’t think down there…couldn’t deny what was right in front of him down there. He couldn’t deny the fact that their mixed scent still lingered down there.

Angel lay down on the bed. ‘Need some sleep. When the sun goes down I’ll go to Buffy’s and talk some sense into her.’ Being as tired as he was sleep came easily to him.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

“Where is Buffy?” Joyce asked.

“Might be at school, or maybe she’s still making up with that bloody ponce.” Spike answered bitterly.

“She went to look for you…I guess she didn’t find you…” Joyce placed a steaming mug in front of him.

Spike didn’t know how to reply to that. He glanced down into his mug and kept his gaze locked there.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

Buffy stepped out into the sunlight. She closed her eyes and concentrated on Spike, on the feelings she could feel growing inside of her. She reached out to him.

She could feel herself being drawn forward, almost as if tendrils of mist were pulling her towards him.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

“You can stay till she gets back if you’d like.” Joyce offered quietly.

Spike nodded. ‘Need to see her, make sure she’s ok.’ Spike took a sip of the hot chocolate, savouring it. Joyce sat down beside him and just let him be silent. When he was finished his mug she offered him another.

“Thank you Joyce. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.” Spike looked right into her eyes and Joyce smiled.

“No problem Spike. My door is always open if you want a cuppa…or just some company.”

“You’re a bit of alright.” Spike smiled sadly. “Don’t know how much the slayer’s gonna want me around though…”

Suddenly he felt her behind him. Closing his eyes he waited for her to enter the room.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

Buffy got a few blocks away from her house. She could feel his mark upon her skin tingling, begging for him to be near. She broke into a dead run. He was calling to her, pulling her willing body to him. Buffy was exhilarated by the feeling. Grinning she pushed open the door to her house.

She stopped outside the kitchen door. Her heart was triphammering in her chest. ‘Calm down Buffy.’ She admonished herself as she took a few deep breaths.

Pushing the door in slowly her eyes were instantly drawn to him.

His eyes flew open and met hers. Neither of them noticed Joyce leave the room.

She gasped when she saw the intensity of his feelings in his eyes. “Spike…” It was a whisper, a caress of his name.

“Buffy…”

Three long strides and she was in front of him. “Spike…I long for you…I burn for you…when you left…it was…it was a big mistake…I didn’t want you to go…I want to be with you.” She took a step closer; cupping his face in both hands she kissed him softly.

Spike was too stunned to respond. Buffy pulled back slightly and smiled at him. “You are gorgeous, with or without vampface. You’re mine Spike, all mine and I’ll never let you go.” She said passionately.

Spike’s fingers wound themselves into her hair. They leaned towards each other and shared a sensual kiss. “Mmm missed you…” He whispered against her mouth.

“Missed you too…so much…” Her fingers curled into his hair and she tugged him where she wanted him, hissing in pleasure as his tongue came in contact with his mark.

“Spike…” She threw her head back and held him tighter, his blunt teeth dragging over the sensitized flesh.

“My girl…my Buffy…” He whispered against her tender skin.

“Always Spike…” She whispered back.

The phone ringing startled them and they reluctantly pulled apart. Joyce answered it from the living room.

“Hello?”

“Joyce. It’s Rupert…are we still welcome there tonight?” Giles asked.

“Yes of course…” Joyce smiled into the phone. She was looking forward to having a houseful for dinner. Since Buffy had moved into the dorm she had been pretty lonely.

“We’ll see you around six then.” He replied.

She knocked softly on the kitchen door. “Buffy?”

“Yeah Mom, come on in…”

“We’re going to have some company for dinner…”

“That’s nice…” She murmured, not taking her eyes off of Spike. “We’re just gonna go outside in the back yard and lay on the grass in the sun…”

“Ok…I’ll call you when dinner’s almost ready…” Joyce smiled softly at them as they walked out of the house hand in hand.

They walked out into the middle of her yard, fingers still entwined. “You chose me…I can’t believe you chose me…” Spike whispered pulling her down beside him to sit on the grass.

She studied him for a few moments, loving the way he looked in the sun. It made the blue of his eyes more intense somehow. She could see his passion, his love for her shining just below the surface.

“We need to talk Spike…” Buffy said softly. “If we’re gonna be together…we need to sort everything out, so that there are no misunderstandings…no regrets….”

“Only thing I regret luv is walking out on you...” Spike pulled her against him. “I just need you close to me right now…” He murmured.

“Why did you leave? I called after you…I tried to follow you, but I just couldn’t…all my strength left me…” She nestled closer to him. “I was devastated…it hurt so much to watch you walk away like that…” She could feel tears forming, just from thinking about it.

“Shhh Luv. I didn’t mean to hurt you…that’s what I was tryin’ to avoid…I saw how upset you were when you saw it was Angel…and I saw in your eyes that you still love him…I just want you to be happy Buffy…if he can do that for you I was willing to step aside…”

“Don’t take this the wrong way ok?” She turned to him and held his gaze. “I do still love him. But not in the way you think. I’m not in love with him anymore. He will always hold a special place in my heart but what we had is over. He told me he wanted me back…wanted to be with me again…before the words even left his mouth I knew that wasn’t what I wanted. I want you Spike. With every fibre of my being. I want you.”

“You’ve got me baby…I belong to you as I have no other…what I feel for you…” Spike closed his eyes. “I love you so much…have for a long time…and when we made love…twas the best day of my whole existence.”

Buffy leaned in and gave him a chaste kiss. “I know…it was like that for me too…it was amazing.” She smiled. “By the way…I ran into Harmony when I was looking for you…”

Spike growled low in his throat. “That bint. I’m sorry luv…I forgot all about her bein’ at my crypt…” He hung his head in shame.

“Hey…Spike it’s ok. She told me how to find you…how to let your claim lead me to you…”

“My claim?” He asked incredulously. “What do you mean my claim?”

“When you bit me…when you were sleeping…” She could feel a deep painful knot of fear beginning to form in her stomach. ‘What if he didn’t mean to do it? What if it was a mistake?’ She took a deep calming breath, trying to get herself under control. “You…you didn’t mean to?” She asked trying to keep the vulnerability out of her voice.

“Oh luv.” Spike lifted her chin and gazed into her eyes. “Not that I didn’t want to…I just…I wish I would have done it with your consent…when I was actually awake enough to enjoy it…”

“You didn’t know?” She asked.

“I blocked it from my mind, the whole bite, how it made me feel, everything. Didn’t want to remember hurting you…” He said softly.

“Well you’re just gonna have to do it again aren’t you?” She asked coyly.

“Don’t play with me girl…” He growled softly. She tilted her head so he could see the mark he placed on her flesh. He let out a feral growl and leaned in, running his tongue over the abraded flesh. He nipped gently with blunt teeth causing her to moan in pleasure.

“Spike…” She whispered. She pulled back to gaze into his eyes. “Promise me you’ll never leave me…”

“Never luv. I’d have to be dust…”

“Buffy! Spike! Dinner’s almost ready…could you come in and set the table?” Joyce called from the house.

Buffy and Spike glanced towards the house. “Betcha I can beat you there…” She was off and running before she finished speaking.

Giggling and shrieking she ran towards the house. She could feel him behind her, getting closer and closer. Spike put on a burst of speed and caught her just as she reached the top step. Grabbing her around the waist her threw her over his shoulder and carried a giggling Buffy into the house.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

Angel awoke with the sunset. He growled softly to himself before getting out of bed. Grabbing his jacket he walked out the door.
‘I have to tell Giles about the claim, and the fact the Spike didn’t dust…I have to get her back…get her away from him.’ Angel decided as he made his way towards her house.


&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

“What are you doing here?” Buffy asked hostilely as when she saw who was on the other side of the door.

“Buffy I…I’m sorry for the way I behaved earlier…I just worry about you…” Giles said softly. “I was quite stunned to see that you let him bite you…can we please work through it?” Giles asked. ‘I have figured out why you are defending him. Now I just have to make you see it.’ He smiled tentatively.

“We can try…” She offered. ‘I swear if you say anything about Spike…’ She left that thought unfinished.

Ushering Giles into the living room she returned to the kitchen to see if there was anything else her mom needed her to do.

“What’s wrong sweet?” Spike asked placing a soft hand on her arm. He could tell by her posture that she was angry.

“Giles just got here. I think we’re in for a long night.” She said tightly.

“It’s ok luv. We have each other, we’ll work it out.” Spike soothed taking her into his arms.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

“Oh my god mother, you made enough food for an army.” She grinned glancing at all of the food Joyce had spread over the kitchen counters.

“There will be seven of us.” Joyce said “Now…take these in the dining room and set the table please…” She said handing Buffy a stack of plates and silverware.

“What can I do?” Spike asked.

“Could you carry the bread tray in for me?” Joyce asked.

Spike took the tray into the dining room, giving Buffy a quick kiss he returned to the kitchen to await further instruction. Joyce kept handing him different items to carry in.

When Buffy was finished setting the table she joined them in the kitchen. “What’s next?” Buffy asked.

The doorbell rang. “How about getting that for me while I help Spike finish carrying stuff into the dining room?” Joyce asked.

“Cool. I can do that.” Buffy smiled. She gave Spike a quick kiss before going to answer the door.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&


“Buffy!” Willow screeched grabbing her friend in a crushing embrace. “I’m so glad you’re ok.” She whispered.

“I didn’t mean to worry you Will.” Buffy said softly.

“It’s ok. You’re fine now right?” Willow hugged her again.

“Giles is in the living room. Why don’t we head in there?” Buffy said as the doorbell chimed once again. “Or you head on in and I’ll get the door…”

Willow smiled and walked into the living room.

“Buffy. Are you ok?” Xander asked hugging her tightly.

“I’m fine Xand…” Buffy smiled.

“She said she’s fine Xander. You can let go of her now.” Anya ground out through clenched teeth.

Buffy pulled back and smiled. “Hey Anya.”

“Hey Buffy. No offence but Xander is mine.”

“I know he’s yours Anya…” She smiled. ‘Besides I have someone of my own.’ Gesturing towards the living room she sighed. “You guys go on in. I have to check with mom to see if there’s anything she needs me to do…”

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

“How could you invite them all here?” Buffy asked fiercely.

“I invited them yesterday…I didn’t know where you were Buffy and they were so concerned…”

“I know but…they’re just gonna try to get between me and Spike.” Buffy said softly as she rubbed her eyes.

Spike came up behind her and pulled her back flush with his front. “Mind if I have a word with your eldest?” Spike asked Joyce.

She flashed him a relieved smile. “I’ll go and check on our guests…” She said swiftly exiting the kitchen.

Spike stroked her stomach lightly. “Would it be easier on you if I were to leave pet? Come back after the scoobies have gone?” Spike murmured.

“I don’t want you to go…” Buffy whispered. She turned in his arms and rested her head on his shoulder. “I just want them to accept it…I know they won’t…at least not right away…but it doesn’t change what I want Spike.”

“I know it doesn’t luv…I just want to make it as easy as possible for you luv…” Spike said soothingly. “It’s not your mum’s fault…”

Faintly they heard the doorbell ring again.

“What would make it easiest on me Spike is if you were there with me…beside me…like you should be…”

Spike nodded. He started growling deep in his chest. “Angel’s here…”

Buffy closed her eyes. She felt him too. “What do we do?”

“We go and face em’. Together.” Spike said softly hugging her close.

“Let’s go then.” She smiled and tugged gently on his hand.

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&

Everyone was seated at the dining room table by the time Buffy and Spike entered.

Angel looked up and growled. “Couldn’t you at least shower? I can still smell him between your legs.” He spat out.

The whole room was silent except the feral growling coming form deep within Spike’s chest.

Buffy’s eyes widened in shock. She glared at Angel with unshed tears in her eyes. “I thought I told you to leave town.”

“I’m not leaving until I’m sure he’s gone.” Angel growled jerking his head towards Spike.

“Let it go luv. He’s just jealous…” Spike leaned down to whisper in her ear.

Ignoring Angel they took their seats. The room stayed silent.

“Rupert…would you please pass the potatoes?” Joyce asked to break the silence. It was the only words spoken through the entire meal.

Everyone was staring at Buffy and Spike, watching their interaction with great interest. Everyone noticed the little touches, and discrete smiles the couple shared.

“Why don’t we all head into the living room?” Joyce asked when everyone was done. “I think we have a few things to discuss.”

&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&.&


Chapter End Notes:
TBC