Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you enjoy this installment. Not much happens except some more lovin'.
Chapter 10

The happy couple ascended the stairs, hand in hand, happily discussing what kind of wedding they'd like. When they reached the end of the hall, he reached for the doorknob to his room. She broke her hand away from his and opened the door to her room. He looked at her, confused.

"Uh, pet, the bed is this way." She went into her room and ignored him, packing her belongings up. He leaned against the doorframe, arms crossed in front of him.

"What're you doin'?" She turned around, bag in hand.

"Packing," she stated. He dropped his arms and walked into the room.

"Yeah, I can see that. Why?" he asked, slightly panicked. She stopped her packing and noticed his wild eyes. She walked over to him and took his hands in hers.

"I am packing because I'm not staying in this room – I'm staying in your room." She pecked him on the cheek and continued her packing. He let out a sigh of relief. He was very ready for this day to end and was hoping tomorrow would be less of a rollercoaster. She finished her packing and sat down on the bed. He sat down next to her, putting his arm around her.

"Something wrong, love?" he asked. She turned to look at him.

"Nope, nothing's wrong. For once, everything is right. I just – I was thinking about everything that's happened today. How quickly everything's happened. Finding out you're alive, then you proposing, and now me retiring. It just feels like things that should have taken a couple of years to happen just – Boom! - happened in one day. But then, I have been waiting for six years for my life to start. I just don't want to waste one more minute."

She reached out and placed her hand on the back of his head and leaned in for a kiss. He tightened his grip around her and pulled her closer to him. She interpreted his tighter grip as an invitation to lie down. She leaned back on the bed, bringing him with her. The only time they broke their kiss was to remove various articles of clothing. As he removed her underwear, he placed gentle kisses along her inner thigh and continued until he reached her ankle.

She moaned softly as his soft lips made contact with her inner thigh. She ached to have him inside of her again. She knew they should be more careful when they made love again, but protection be damned. She wanted to get pregnant with their child. Every cell in body was screaming to become a wife and mother now that the only man she wanted to be with was back in her life and wanted to be with her too.

His gaze caught hers and she silently pleaded with him to quit teasing her and join their bodies together again. He obliged by slipping himself into her tight, wet groin. He moaned softly. It felt like coming home, being inside of her. He began to thrust, slowly at first then more quickly as her muscles started contracting. Her fingers twisted in his hair as she kissed him deeply and explored his mouth with her tongue. Her screams of ecstasy were muffled by their kiss. As he thrust into her several more times, he lost all control and exploded inside of her as she reached orgasm. Their joint climaxes rattled the bed and he could hear it creak slightly. When all of his seed had been expelled, he broke their kiss and they both looked at each other, panting. He was still holding up her hips with his hand, letting their muscles complete their pulsating before letting her down. He rolled onto his back and she snuggled up against his chest, arm holding onto him. When their breathing had slowed enough to speak, he looked down at her. He broke the silence first.

"You do know the condoms were in the other room, don't you? Not my fault this time, pet." She kissed his chest and looked up at him.

"I know. Don't want 'em." He looked at her, puzzled.

'What do you mean 'don't want 'em'?" She propped herself up on her hand to look at him in the eyes.

"I don't want to use them." She smiled at him. "I want to have a baby. Our baby. And I want to marry you and I want to start living. No more demons, no more patrolling. I want to be a wife and mother."

She looked at him, eyes sparkling. She was being honest with him and she wasn't quite sure how he was going to react. He leaned and kissed her deeply. His hand moved to her abdomen, gently touching the soft skin.

"Well then, should we keep practicing or do you think the little bit has already taken hold in there?" She smiled broadly at him and reached out to pull him on top of her again.

They made love several more times throughout the night, finally passing out from sheer exhaustion near dawn. Her body was thirsting for him and couldn't get enough. She was sure she was ovulating and that might explain part of her horniness, but it was also because he was the best lover she'd ever had.

He was gentle, but he also knew how to thrust into her enough to drive her wild with desire. He was her drug and she was addicted. She awoke, startled at first, but then calmed down when she felt his arm tighten around her. She squirmed around to face him and his sparkling blue eyes met her hazel ones.

"Mornin' love," he yawned. She smiled at him.

"Morning. Just checking to make sure this wasn't a dream. I was just afraid I was going to wake up in Rome and you wouldn't be there." He stroked her hair.

"I was just thinking the same thing. Except instead of Rome, I was hoping I wasn't back in hell." She brushed his cheek with her fingers, her engagement ring catching the sunlight and sparkling. She broke into a broad smile.

"Nope, definitely not hell. So what do you want to do today, Mr. Preston-Hughes?" His hand had moved to tracing the outline her body was making under the sheet.

"Mmmm. I'm not sure, Ms. Summers. What would you like to do today?" As he asked, her stomach growled loudly. She chuckled.

"Well I think food should be first on the list." He pulled her toward him and she felt his hardness against her thigh.

"Are you sure you don't want some morning exercise, kitten?" He started kissing her neck, working his way up to her mouth. She started kissing him deeply when her stomach let out another loud growl. She broke the kiss and chuckled again.

"I think somebody's hungry. You don't want to starve your son or daughter, do you?" she asked jokingly. He shook his head, resigned to the fact that more lovemaking would have to wait.

"No, I don't want the nibblet to starve. I just want to make his mummy scream and moan again." She looked at him sternly. "Fine," he conceded, rolling out of bed. "Let's go get you and the bit some breakfast."

She hopped out of bed, gathering up her clothes and her bag. She reached the door and opened it a crack to check down the hallway. With the coast clear, they snuck across the hall and back to his room.

Showered and dressed, they descended the stairs and were greeted by Willow and a mountain of luggage. She spotted the happy couple and rushed to hug her friend.

"Whatcha doing here, Wil?" Buffy asked the overly happy redhead. Her friend broke the hug and reached for Buffy's left hand to admire the engagement ring.

"I thought you might need your clothes and stuff. And I couldn't wait to see the ring. I mean, wow! This thing is beautiful. Blinding even." She looked at William. "Good job on the jewelry picking, buddy," she said, landing a friendly punch on his shoulder. William grinned.

"As long as she doesn't decide to chuck it at my head, I think we're ok." Buffy turned to him and swatted his arm.

"There will be no chucking of this ring. It's too pretty to use as a weapon." She turned her hand to admire the ring. Willow looked at her friend and all she could see was happiness. She looked at William, who was looking at Buffy, and saw a man totally in love. It made her heart happy to see Buffy finally happy and with a man who had loved her for so long.

"Well, I need to get going. Oh, by the way, your papers are in the front pouch of the big suitcase, William. Giles had me bring them since Angel took off." Buffy looked at her friend, concern growing on her face.

"What do you mean, 'took off'? Where did he go?" Willow shrugged.

"Not sure. Giles said Angel tore out of the building while he was on the phone with you last night. No idea where he went or if he's coming back." Buffy furrowed her brow. She hoped he wouldn't do anything stupid, but she knew he was upset. William put his arm around her.

"He's a big vampire; he can take care of himself. He's just gone off to pout for awhile." She looked up at him, catching his smirk before it left his face. Willow could see an argument brewing and quickly said her goodbyes. Buffy spun around to face him after her friend had left.

"Ya know, this whole 'I won the big prize and you didn't' attitude – really not sexy." She placed her hands on her hips and glared at him. He rolled his eyes. "Listen, love, there is something about the whole prophecy about me being human that he's not telling us. And I have a gut feeling that it has to do with you. That's why he's gone off – he couldn't stop whatever it was from happening and now he's gone to pout about not getting his way." She remembered the journal entry she found in Angel's office last night and thought there had to be more to it. She made a mental note to call Giles later and ask him what he knew about it. But Giles and the prophecy would have to wait until after breakfast. Her stomach let out another low growl as they hopped onto the motorcycle and she was hoping the diner he was taking her to was close by because she was in serious need of food after their marathon sex session.