He awoke screaming, thinking he was on fire. It took him a few seconds to realize he hadn't closed the curtains in his room at the Hyperion before he went to sleep. The sunlight streaming through the windows was a new and strange feeling that would take a lot of getting used to. He slowly rolled out of bed to close the curtains. As he tugged them close, his door swung violently open and Illyria was wielding a sword. He jumped and clutched his chest in alarm.
"I heard a scream like a female's. Do you require any assistance in the removal of the screaming female?" she asked rigidly, cocking her head to one side.
"Bloody hell! Why won't you learn how to knock like a normal person!" he screamed, feeling his pulse slowly returning to normal. He hadn't had a beating heart in almost 130 years, so the sensation took a little getting used to. He glared at Illyria before saying through clenched teeth, "Get the SODDING hell out of my room."
She turned and exited his room as quickly as she had arrived. One good thing about her was that she knew how to take an order, he thought. He climbed back into bed but was unable to fall back asleep. He lay there thinking about the dream that had awoken him so abruptly.
Buffy had been in trouble and had called out his name, but he wasn't able to reach her in time and she had fallen into the abyss. His unconscious had been plaguing him with dreams of her ever since he became human. He had managed to repress most of his thoughts of her when he was a vampire, but now it seemed to consume him. Would it fade away or was he destined to obsess over her for the rest of his days? He wasn't sure, but the guitar sitting next to his chair was beckoning him. His poetry had undergone a metamorphosis into writing music. And since his muse kept torturing him, it was only fitting that he would write a song for her.
________________________________________

She wiped the sweat from her brow and continued her assault on the punching bag. She never heard the door open or the soft footsteps on the stairs. Dawn had called to her several times and received no reply, until she yelled at the top of her lungs.
"BUFFY!" Dawn screamed harshly. Buffy spun around, fists at the ready. When she saw it was her sister, she lowered her hands and grabbed the towel that Dawn offered to her.
"Thanks, Dawnie. What time is it?" Buffy inquired, wiping her sweaty brow and neck.
"It's 10:30. Willow was wondering when you wanted to go. She's been itching to get out of the house and teleport somewhere for ages," Dawn said, chuckling. Willow's power had progressed even further past astral projection and she could now teleport, albeit with only a single passenger. It would make their mission to the States very interesting since Willow would have to keep popping back and forth, taking one girl at a time. It may have been tedious, but at least it was faster than normal air travel and didn't require any of those pesky passports.
Buffy smiled. "Tell Air Willow that as soon as I take a shower, I will be ready to go. What time is it back there? Won't we show up pretty late?" She hadn't had a need to check the time on the west coast for a long time, but she knew it would be late at night.
Dawn nodded her head. "Willow talked to Angel and he said you guys could stay at the hotel. He's not there right now, but Gunn and Illyria are there and he said you were welcome. Just have to buy your own food since Gunn doesn't live there and all he has stocked in the fridge is blood."
Buffy looked at her sister quizzically. "Where did Angel go?"
Dawn shrugged her shoulders. "Willow didn't say. Probably after some more evil Wolfram & Hart henchmen. Or another dragon." Buffy followed her sister up the stairs and was greeted to the smell of breakfast cooking. Her stomach growled loudly and made Dawn giggle. "You worked up quite an appetite. Good thing Tara made breakfast," she said.
"Buffy!" Willow yelled from the den. "I found one in Poland and two in northern Russia." Buffy hurried into the den.
"So does this mean we'll have to put off LA for a little while?" she asked expectantly.
"Yup, we need to get the European ones first before it gets too late," Willow stated. "We'll pop to LA after we pick these up."
Buffy seemed almost relieved they weren't going to California first. She hadn't been back there in six years and was very hesitant to return. She climbed the steps two at a time and reached her room in no time. She hastily rummaged through her drawers to find clothes before heading to take a quick shower. When she emerged clean and 100% sweat-free, she felt energized. Two trips in one day. She may actually sleep through the night tonight without a single bad dream. She hurriedly dried her hair and dressed before quickly descending the stairs to quickly enjoy the breakfast feast that awaited her.
The girl in Poland was a breeze to deal with. Katia seemed smart and capable and eager to learn more about her abilities. The Russian twins were another story. Stubborn was putting their reaction mildly. Larissa and Varya tried explaining to Buffy and Willow in broken English that they were fine by themselves and knew how to take care of all things supernatural. It took several hours of negotiating before the twins finally agreed to come to Rome and learn how to be proper Slayers. By the time Willow teleported them to LA, Buffy's head was throbbing and she was exhausted. She really hoped Angel's hotel had comfortable beds and a very deep bathtub because she desperately needed both.