Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to all of you who have commented on my story thus far. You have no idea how much it means that people are actually reading my story and enjoying it. Just a warning – this chapter is kinda NC-17. Enjoy!

p.s. For any Jane Austen fans reading, I've included a little snippet from my favorite novel. Let's see if you can find it ;)
Chapter 8

He gazed into her eyes and stroked her hair. He had been wrestling with a question he wanted to ask her since she had told him she loved him, again. He thought about it even more now that he was gazing at her lovely face. He broke away from her and went to the dresser, opening the top drawer. He rummaged around until he found the small velvet box he had hidden there several weeks ago, hoping for a moment like this. He closed the drawer and turned around, noticing her confused expression. He hid the box behind his back and sauntered back to the bed.

"Close your eyes and hold out your hands," he directed. She looked at him, head tilted.

"What are you doing?" she asked slyly. He grinned the sly grin that always drove her nuts.

"Just do as I asked, wouldja?" he pleaded. She did as he requested, smiling. He placed the small box in her waiting hands and then told her to open her eyes. She opened her eyes and they immediately went to the small box. She took a sharp intake of breath and started trembling as her fingers tripped over each other as she tried to open the little box. He lowered himself to one knee and spoke.

"I have loved you for so long. The thought of coming back to you was the only thing that kept me going all these years. And then accidentally – well, I guess not accidentally if I'm to believe Captain Forehead – becoming human made me realize that a real human life isn't really a life if you don't have someone to share it with." Her hands were shaking and she hadn't been able to gain entry to the box. He took the little box out of her hands and opened it, revealing a beautiful antique white gold and platinum engagement ring with a baguette cut diamond in the center and a beautiful tulip design on the sides set with four brilliant cut claw set diamonds. Her hands flew to her mouth and she gasped. He took the ring out of its box and looked up at her, smiling.

"Buffy, you pierce my soul. You are the only one who ever has, even when I didn't have one. And you are the only one that I want to share my life, my bed and my whole self with. Will you marry me?"

She was still shaking and tears were starting to streak her face. She took her hands away from her mouth and reached out to touch the glistening ring with one hand. With her other, she reached out to touch his cheek. He leaned into her touch and watched her as she gingerly touched the ring. She seemed entranced by the ring and could only whisper, "Yes."

He closed his eyes and shook his head quickly, unsure if he had heard correctly.

"Speak up a bit, pet. What did you say?" She came to her senses finally and looked at him fully in the eyes.

"My answer is yes! I will marry you William. You have no idea how many times I've wanted to hear you ask that question. A million times yes! I will be Mrs. – wait, what is your last name now anyway?"

A smile started to spread across his face and he laughed.

"My full name is now William Albert Preston-Hughes. I know. Sounds a little poncey to me too. But, I figured if I wanted to become an author, I needed a poncey sounding last name." She smiled at him.

"Well, Mr. Preston-Hughes, would you please put that very pretty ring on my finger?" He took her left hand and slid the ring on her finger easily. It was a perfect fit. She kept switching her gaze from her hand to him and back again, a large smile filling her face. She finally looked back at him and reached her arms out to hug him, smothering his face with kisses.

He took it all in – her kisses, the way she smelled, her touch. She was his now – forever. She was going to marry him. His heart leapt again. Buffy, his Buffy, was going to be his wife. He didn't want to wait any longer. He wrapped his arms around her and starting kissing her, lightly at first, then more passionately. She responded by running her hands up and down his bare back, resting them finally in his wavy hair. He rose from his knee and she leaned back until she was lying on her back on the bed. He slowly lowered himself onto her. Her hands made contact with his jeans and worked to push them off his hips. His hands slid up her shirt, gently moving it up and over her head. Next, came her jeans. He straddled her and fumbled with the button for a minute before she came to his assistance and unbuttoned the top button. He unzipped the unruly jeans and slid them off, caressing her soft legs as he did so.

He gently grabbed one leg and started trailing kisses from her ankle to her inner thigh. She squirmed with pleasure. He looked up at her devilishly as he started kissing the soft skin of her belly and worked his way up to her mouth. Her tongue found his easily and pulled him into an intensely passionate kiss. His hands roamed freely up and down her leg, brushing his fingertips along her inner thigh. She could feel his hardness press up against her and she ached to have him inside of her. His hand found the clasp of her bra and deftly unhooked it. His free hand cupped her breast and massaged her nipple lightly until it hardened under his touch. He broke from their kiss and turned his attention to her breasts. He licked and sucked first one nipple, then the other. Her eyes were fluttering and she could feel her muscles start to pulsate in her groin. She moaned lightly. He looked up at her and gave her a cockeyed smiled. He continued with his licking and kissing and proceeded back down her stomach until he reached the top of her underwear. He hooked his thumbs under the silky fabric and shimmied it down until it was hanging onto one ankle. She kicked lightly and they landed on the floor.

He leaned back on his knees to take in her naked form lying in front of him. He hadn't been able to do this back in Sunnydale; she never would have let his gaze linger over her nakedness for more than a few seconds before. But everything was different now. She looked at him lovingly, hazel eyes gleaming and her golden hair surrounding her like a halo on the pillow. She was his angel. She sat up and pulled him down on top of her, whispering in his ear, "I want you to make love to me, William. I need you. I want you."

Not one to make a lady wait for anything, he slipped his boxer briefs off and lowered himself onto her again. Her legs parted to wrap around him as he used a hand to guide his throbbing erection into her. She gasped lightly when he entered her. He looked at her, concerned that he may have hurt her. She smiled at him and touched his face.

"I'm OK," she said softly. "I just haven't been with anyone since you." He looked at her confused.

"What about –" She cut him off.

"I didn't sleep with him. I couldn't." She twined her fingers in his hair and pulled his forehead toward hers.

"I didn't want anyone but you, William," she whispered as he started thrusting into her. He captured her mouth with his and continued his slow thrusting. He could feel her muscles contracting around his erection. He started thrusting a little faster and she threw her head back, letting him have access to her neck. He trailed kisses from her jawline down to the hollow at the base of her throat. Her hands tugged in his hair to pull him up to her face. Her teeth tugged at his bottom lip until she was able to suck it in. His tongue responded by exploring the inside of her waiting mouth. His pace quickened as he felt her muscles constricting him. She was going to climax soon and he wasn't sure how much longer he could last. He continued his thrusting, quicker now. She broke away from their kiss to look upon his face. Her legs wrapped around him even tighter. As she felt herself climaxing, she couldn't hold back the scream that had worked itself up from her depths.

"Oh God! William! William!" As she screamed his name, he felt his control crumble and his body start to pulsate. He wasn't able to hold back any longer and came inside of her, filling her up.

Their sweaty, gasping bodies stayed locked together, not wanting to separate. He panted and gazed down at his beautiful angel, wiping strands of hair off of her sweaty brow. He couldn't help but kiss her. She caressed his face. He rolled off of her reluctantly, landing on his side so he could face her. She continued to caress his face and gaze into his sparkling blue eyes. Suddenly her brow furrowed and her eyes started shifting.

"What's wrong, pet?" he inquired.

She said slowly, "Not sure. Were you using protection?" He thought for a minute – the condoms he had purchased when he went to the drugstore to buy her bubble bath were still in his drawer, unopened. He rolled onto his back.

"Bollocks!" he moaned, slapping his hand against his forehead. She propped herself up on the pillow with one hand.

"That would be a no then?" She smiled at him as he rolled over to look at her. Her eyebrows were raised and a coy smile played on her lips.

"I even bought the blasted things, not that I knew this was going to happen, but just to be prepared in case it did, ya know? Bugger all. Buffy, I'm sorry love." He reached his hand out to touch her cheek. She smiled at him.

"It's OK, Will. But if I end up pregnant, you better have a plan on how to support us, mister, 'cuz I have no job skills. Unless you count killing demons and herding teenage girls. Then, I'm a pro." He laughed, glad she wasn't angry with him.

"As a matter of fact, I do have a plan. I am writing my memoirs. 'The Adventures of Spike, Gentleman Vampire.' I figure with the whole undead craze going on now, I'd cash in. Of course I'm not going to tell the publisher it's a memoir. And I have changed some of the names of the innocent and not so innocent so as to avoid having my new life ended prematurely." She giggled. She loved him so much that it really didn't matter if she ended up pregnant or not. Although, she would be ecstatic if she found out she was carrying their child. Her retirement had started the moment he proposed to her and she planned on making the most of it.