Author's Chapter Notes:
Giles finds out some truths and Spike realises he is more involved then he meant to be.

I wrote this chapter in honour of my amazing Beta a way of saying Happy birthday, i hope you like it sweetie.

A huge thanks to my Beta Serendipity (Christine) for going over this chapter for me and getting it back to me super fast thanks sweetie your the best. Also a huge thanks to Edgehead (Mel) so the awesome banner, i love it so much sweetie!
Chapter 4

Unintentionally Involved

Buffy moved from the training room into the main part of the Magic box. She wondered if she had done the right thing by telling Willow how Anna had brought her back, but she knew that she had. Willow needed to hear the truth, that yes there were ways of bringing someone back from the dead, but that it had real and severe consequences, she just hoped that Willow did the right thing with the information, and let Faith rest in peace.

Buffy was jarred from her thoughts when Giles approached her.

“Ah, Buffy, are you ready for your training session?” he asked, looking up from the book he was holding.

“Did we have a training session planned? Cause I thought today was my day off” she asked looking confused.

“Well, no, not planned, but I thought seeing as you are here…” he started to explain, but she quickly cut him off.

“I actually have plans, I promised Dawn we would have lunch together and then go see a movie, if that’s okay?”

“Of course, by all means go.”

“Are you sure? I could probably cancel”

“Don’t be silly, Buffy, you have been training daily since you got here, a day off would do you a world of good, and Dawn could do with a day of fun herself,” he said, leading her towards the entrance, only to be stopped short by a blanket covered Spike running in the door. Giles thanked the Gods that there were no customers in the store at the time. Tossing the blanket to the ground, Spike patted himself down to make sure no part of him was on fire.

“Buffy, please don’t be alarmed. This is Spike, the ally of Faith’s I was telling you about.”

She smiled. “Yeah we’ve met.” She laughed. “Hey.

“Hi, luv,” he replied, smiling. “Could get lost in those eyes and that smile,” he couldn’t help but think. “God she’s so gorgeous.”

They at stared at each other a moment longer before Giles cleared his throat, interrupting them.

“How do you know each other?”

“Spike’s been patrolling with me pretty much every night since I got here.”

“Really?” Giles asked confused.

Spike looked down when the older man looked at him questioningly.

“Yeah, anyway, I have to go. I was meant to meet Dawn ten minutes ago” she said, bouncing past Spike and towards the door. “I’ll see you at seven, right, Spike?” she asked, turning back to face him.

“Sure, pet.”

She nodded, opening the door and disappearing outside.

Spike stood for a moment longer, feeling Giles’ eyes burning into his skin. Looking up, Spike muttered, “don’t look at me like that.” Then, he turned and headed out to the training room, Giles following closely behind him. Giles watched as Spike took off his duster, he dropped it over a chair, before moving to the boxing bag and began to train.

Spike tried to ignore the fact that Giles was just about burning holes right through him with his intense staring. For a full five minutes he was able to, but it became more then clear that Giles wasn’t going to just drop it and leave him be.

Sighing in frustration, he turned to face the annoying watcher. “What?” he snapped.

Giles smirked. “I thought you wanted nothing to do with her?”

“I didn’t… I don’t… look our meeting, it was an accident.”

“I very much doubt that.”

“Look, that first night she got here I was out patrolling, I didn’t think she would come out the first night but when I saw her heading into the cemetery, I mistook her for some ditz taking a short cut home,” he started to explain, turning back to the punching bag, but Giles moved to stand in front of him.

“And?”

“And nothing, I followed her. That’s when I realized she was the Slayer. I was going to leave, but she sensed me.” Spike knew he was lying, but he figured the watcher didn’t need to know the whole truth about him following Buffy for hours that night, he would only read too much into it.

“And then what happened?” he asked curiously.

“We talked, I explained who I was, and she gave me the old Slayer warning.” Giles looked confused for a moment. “Betray me and I’ll stake you,” Spike explained.

“Ah and since then?”

“Well, at first we just kinda bumped into each other, but after a few nights, we started meeting up and patrolling together. I figured four hands are always better than two.”

Giles nodded, removing his glasses and giving them a clean. “Well, I suppose you’re right, but I have to say I’m a little surprised, you seemed so reluctant to… get involved with another Slayer,” Giles said, trying to choose his word carefully.

“Oi! I’m not getting involved with anyone, understand? I’m just helping the bird out,” Spike snapped, turning to face him as Giles walked toward the door.

“No, of course.” Giles nodded, desperately trying to keep his smirk at bay when he looked up at the annoyed vampire.

“Look, if you would prefer me not to patrol with her, just say the word, Watcher.”

“No, no, of course not.”

“Good. So, shut your bloody gob about it. Just smile and nod, and be glad I’m out there looking over her shoulder, okay?”

“Okay,” Giles said, smiling.

“Good.” Spike grunted, turning back to the punching bag and laying into it.
Giles said no more, he simply smiled remembering how Buffy and Spike acted when they were together just minutes before. It was clear that they both liked each other, Giles just hoped this time it worked out for Spike.

He had to admit he had learned to trust the vampire, but he hated to admit that he had grown quite fond of him. It was impossible not to like him, though. He’d done so much for them, it was hard to pretend he wasn’t part of the group. Giles knew Spike would never admit it, though, he was always saying he didn’t want to be a scoobie. Smiling, Giles turned leaving Spike to take his frustrations out on the poor punching bag.


Chapter End Notes:
So what do you guys think?? any good?? should i go on?? let me know : )