Chapter 11

Buffy flinched when the wine glass broke, rolling her eyes as she pulled him over to the kitchen sink to run cold water on his now cut finger.

“That was really stupid.”

He shook his head. “You should have warned me to get rid of anything breakable before we talked.”

She gave a small smile. “My mistake, I forgot about your temper.”

“And he’s in jail now?”

Buffy nodded. “Yep, I don’t know for how long, but I think it’s safe to say that I’ll never see him again.” She put a band aid on his finger once the bleeding stopped, but he didn’t even notice.

“I almost wish he would show his face around here. I’d like to beat the shit out of him.”

“That wouldn’t solve anything,” she explained calmly. “He’s getting what he deserves; prison is just the place for him. I’m sure Warren has already become someone’s bitch. It couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.”

He cracked a smile, but the rage was still there. “I just…when I think about what you had to go through, and knowing I wasn’t around. God, I should have been there for you. I was such a bloody coward for leaving. Can you ever forgive me?”

Buffy waved her hand in the air. “It’s already forgiven, Spike, you need to stop feeling guilty about what happened. It’s all in the past now, we’re moving forward.”

“Could you do me a favor?” he wondered, taking a deep breath before continuing. “Don’t call me that, I’m not Spike when I’m with you. I just want to be William again.”

She smiled, kissing his injured finger. “Good, because I really missed William, but I have to admit, that name is kind of growing on me. It makes you seem sexy, dangerous, but in a good way. Not that William wasn’t sexy, but he was a different kind of sexy. Am I making any sense?”

He kissed her lips, not able to resist when she babbled like that. “You are so adorable.” She blushed, which proved his point. “Things are going to be different from now on. I promise you, Buffy, I’m not going anywhere. Never again, you’re stuck with me.”

“That works out nicely, then.” She kissed him this time, and no more words needed to be said.


* * * * *


“Okay, I know that I’m accepting of this now, but are the public displays of affection really necessary?”

Spike pulled his mouth away from the blonde in his lap, flashing his friend a grin. “Sorry, mate, but you know how hard it is to keep your hands off of her.”

Buffy blushed, burying her face against his shoulder. Being with William again was amazing, it had been two months since they got back together, and she didn’t regret it for a second, but still felt kind of awkward about broadcasting their newfound relationship around her ex.

Angel agreed. “I know that all too well, but you should really think about getting a room or something. It’s making me nauseous.”

Spike rolled his eyes. “Oh, like watching you snog your bird doesn’t? Shut up and let me be happy for once.”

He couldn’t argue with that. Angel had been with Cordelia for a few weeks now, and they were just as nauseating of a couple. It was nice, both him and Spike being in a relationship at the same time. Even if it was with his former girlfriend, he was just glad to know that everything was going well for them.

Xander shook his head. “If anyone should be complaining, it’s me; at least you two have someone. I’ve been single for longer than I care to admit.”

“How about that phone sex operator you’ve been romancing, Harris?”

If it was possible, he blushed even harder than Buffy. “We’re not dating, obviously. It’s against the rules for her to get involved with clients; we’re not even allowed to meet. She’s just nice to talk to every now and then. Anya’s a great girl, but I have to face reality, all we’ll ever have is the phone.”

Spike smirked. “I don’t know about that, you might have more than you think.”


* * * * *


He kissed every inch of her body, delighted when she let out a gasp. Spike lifted her shirt higher, exposing her gorgeous breasts to his gaze, licking his lips at the sight of her rosy nipples. He couldn’t resist taking the delectable bud in his mouth and sucking on it, then giving the same care to the other one.

Buffy threw her head back, shutting her eyes at the sensations that went through her.

“So bloody delicious,” he commented, giving her a leer. “I wonder how the rest of you tastes.”

Buffy panicked when he reached for her panties, pushing him away. “That’s okay, you don’t really have to. I know most guys don’t like doing that.”

He raised his eyebrows. “Most guys being your wanker of an ex? I’m nothing like him, baby. Trust me, I like it just fine. You should know that.” There had to be more than just her worries that he wouldn’t enjoy going down on her, seeing as how he’d done it before, even though it felt like a lifetime ago. She was squirming and pushing at his shoulders like just the idea of him revealing her pussy to his gaze was terrifying, and he realized why once he finally moved the fabric out of the way. Spike glanced up at her in shock, noticing the tears that were now in her eyes. “Oh, sweetheart, did he do this to you?”

She nodded, avoiding his concerned look. “He…He liked to make me bleed. Pain with the pleasure, he always said it got him off, even though I didn’t want it. He never cared about what I wanted.”

Spike felt his eyes tear up, tracing over one of the scars on her thigh, feeling beyond sick about what that fucker reduced her to.

“I didn’t taste good. Warren said I had to make up for that, and he would grab a knife…”

“Stop, please, I can’t hear anymore,” he spoke up, effectively cutting her off and moving away from her.

Buffy sat up, lowering her shirt, the tears streaming down her face. “You’re disgusted with me now.”

His head shot up to stare at her, noticing the distress on her face and feeling like an utter git for making her feel worse. Spike took her in his arms, soothing her as best he could. “No, baby, I could never be disgusted with you. I’m only disgusted with what that bastard did to you. No matter what he said, he had no right to treat you that way. You didn’t do anything wrong. He was a very sick man, and he tried to bring you down with him.” Spike held her until the crying stopped, knowing that Buffy had to get it all out; she’d been keeping everything in for far too long now. Once she calmed down, he raised her head to look at him. “Is this why you never slept with Angel?”

She took in a calming breath. “Partly, I didn’t want him to know, but I also wasn’t ready. I don’t think I ever could have given myself fully to him, and that’s why I held back. I want that with you, Will, I really do, but I don’t think I’m ready yet. I hope you can understand.”

Spike nodded, kissing her forehead tenderly. “I’ll wait for as long as you need, love. There’s no hurry, I’m not going anywhere.”

Buffy sighed in relief. He said that before, but for the first time, she really believed that he was here to stay.