Chapter 19

Spike officially moved in a couple of weeks later, after he finally got rid of the cast the doctor made him wear, and he could not be happier about it. Being away from Buffy after what happened was out of the question, if he had his way, he’d never let her out of his sight again, but Spike knew she probably wouldn’t take too kindly to that. He kept an eye on the house next door, knowing that it was up for sale, and being cautious of anyone who decided to buy it. There was no way Spike would trust the neighbors with his girl now, especially not if they were men.

“Shit, who knew you had so much crap? Luckily this place is big enough for the both of you.”

Spike grinned, turning to address his friend. “Where the hell have you been, Harris? I was about to send out a search party. Have you and Anya been shagging in your apartment this whole time? I never knew you had it in you.”

Xander blushed, shaking his head. “Not exactly, we kind of got hitched in Vegas. It was a spur of the moment thing; we’ve been spending our honeymoon in Hawaii, which was a waste since we hardly ever left the room.”

Spike raised his eyebrows, that being the last thing he expected. “You eloped? How did that happen? You haven’t even known her that long.”

He shrugged. “When something feels right, you just have to go for it. Sorry for taking off like that, we didn’t really want to tell anyone about our plans, afraid someone would talk us out of it, but I don’t regret anything. Anya is truly amazing; I’ve never met anyone like her before. Yeah, she’s entirely too blunt sometimes, but that’s just part of her charm.”

Spike smiled, patting him on the back. “Good on you, Harris, I’m happy for you two. She’s a great woman. Not that I would really know or anything, hardly said two words to the bint, but she seems very lovely.”

“She told me you slept together.”

“Bloody hell,” Spike cursed and was about to respond, but Xander beat him to it.

“Don’t worry; I know it didn’t mean anything,” he claimed, changing the subject. “Angel mentioned about what happened here. I’m glad you’re okay. How’s Buffy doing?”

Spike took in a deep breath. “She’s fine, as far as I know. We try not to talk about it much. Buffy likes to put on a brave face, no matter how much she’s hurting, but I think she’ll be okay. It just takes time.”

Buffy chose that moment to walk in the house, smiling at the dark haired man. “Hey, Xander, I just saw Anya. I guess congratulations are in order.”

He returned her smile, accepting the hug she gave him. “Thanks, I better head back now. See you guys later.”

Buffy turned to Spike once he was gone. “Can you believe he got married?”

“I’m still trying to grasp the concept of Harris actually having a woman, let alone being married.”

“Not everyone is so against marriage, Spike. I hope you’ve gotten over that phase because I’m telling you right now, I plan on getting married one day, and I hope it’s to you,” she explained.

Spike raised his hands in surrender. “Dually noted, and I’m not so against it now. Since I have you back, it doesn’t seem like such a bad idea. You know, when the time is right.”

She wrapped her arms around his waist, pressing a brief kiss to his lips. “Good answer.”


* * * * *


Buffy’s eyes rolled back in her head as Spike feasted on her pussy, grabbing the edge of the bed when her orgasm hit.

Spike grinned in satisfaction, collecting all of the juices that gushed out of her. “Bloody best thing I’ve ever had in my mouth.”

“God, I’m completely numb.”

He chuckled, moving up to lie beside her. “You’re good on a man’s ego, I’ll give you that.”

Buffy rested her head against his chest, trying to get her breathing under control. “Do you ever think about the future?”

Spike was caught off guard by her question. “Sometimes, why do you ask?”

She shrugged, glancing up at him. “We talked about the possibility of marriage, but do you ever think about having children?”

“Of course, maybe a few years down the road. Once I know for a fact I won’t screw them up,” he said teasingly, noticing that she didn’t crack a smile. “Why are you wondering about that now?”

Buffy sat up, avoiding his gaze, and taking a deep breath before looking back at him. “Because there’s a chance that I could be pregnant.”

His eyes widened, sitting up as well. “Are you sure?”

“I’m not sure of anything, it’s just a chance. I’m a few weeks late, and that’s never happened before. It might be nothing, but I bought a pregnancy test earlier, that’s why I went out. I wanted you to be there when I took it.”

He ran his fingers through his hair, nodding after a moment. “Do you want to do that now?”

She shook her head. “I need to know first. I need to know that no matter what the results are, you’ll be okay with it. I know you said you’re not ready for a baby right now, but if I am pregnant, I just need to know that you’ll be there.”

“You think I would leave if I knew you were pregnant? No matter what happens, we’re in this together. I’m not going anywhere, you know that. Where is this coming from?”

Buffy let out the breath she didn’t even realize she was holding. “There’s something I have to tell you. I should have after you confessed about Drusilla, but I guess I didn’t know how.” A pause. “A little while after you left, I met Parker Abrams, we dated for a while, and things were great. I was finally starting to heal after losing you, and then I got pregnant. I was on the pill, and we always used condoms, so it came as a shock to me, but I was really happy. I couldn’t wait to tell Parker.” Her eyes teared up, but she was determined to get this off of her chest. “He became a completely different person when I told him, and I mean that literally. Parker was involved with drugs, and I never even knew, he picked the perfect time to be stoned off his ass. What should have been a wonderful moment quickly turned into a nightmare, he yelled, saying that I trapped him and lied about being on the pill, which wasn’t true. He didn’t want kids, and basically said it was my problem. To make a long story short, he walked out and that was the last I saw of him. He left me to raise a baby on my own, and I couldn’t handle that. I was so terrified, not ready for that kind of responsibility. It was then that I realized how much I missed you, and how I didn’t want a baby with anyone else, but it was too late. I got depressed, hardly ate, couldn’t sleep, it really took a toll on me. I was in bed one night and looked down to see my sheets covered in blood, so I called an ambulance. I was taken to the hospital, and found out not too long after that I lost the baby. I know it was all my fault; I didn’t take care of myself enough. The worst thing is that I actually felt relieved. What kind of person does that make me?”

Spike wiped his eyes of the tears that he shed during her declaration. “You were scared, it’s understandable. Fuck, that’s someone else on my list of people I would gladly murder. What is wrong with the fucking men in this world? And yeah, I’m included in that, how could we treat you so horribly? It’s not bloody fair. I’m so sorry, Buffy.”

She shook her head. “You have nothing to be sorry about. You’re one of the good ones, Will, the only one who matters. I know you never would have hurt me like that.”

“Never,” he swore, taking her in his arms. “If you are pregnant, it will be the happiest moment of my life. I’ll support you through everything; you have my word on that.”

More tears fell from her eyes as she clutched him tighter. “I know.”


* * * * *


They sat side by side, anxiously waiting for the timer to go off. When it finally did, Buffy took in a deep breath before turning to Spike.

“I guess this is it. You’ll be okay with whatever happens?”

He nodded, kissing her temple. “I’ll always be here for you.”

She nodded as well, heading into the bathroom to look at the pregnancy test, carrying it out with her and glancing up at her boyfriend. “It’s negative.”

Spike took her hand in his, pulling her back down to his side. “How do you feel about that?”

Buffy shrugged. “A little disappointed, I guess, but also kind of relieved. I do want children; I just don’t think I’m ready yet. Even though we’ve practically known each other for what seems like forever, we’re only really just starting out. I think a baby should be planned, when we’re both good and ready, and it should come after we’re married.”

Spike agreed, even though a part of him really hoped that she was pregnant, he would wait for when the time was right. “Any ideas as to when you want to get married?”

“It has to be something we both want. I don’t want you to think I expect a proposal anytime soon, I just need to know that we’re leading somewhere.”

He nodded again. “But if it was soon, would you accept it?”

“You know I would,” she claimed, without any hesitation.

Spike went over to their nightstand, searching through one of the drawers, until he came across a black box, pulling the object out and handing it to her.

Buffy took the box with shaky fingers, opening it to reveal an elegant, diamond ring. She gazed up at him, tears in her eyes. “What is this?”

He smiled. “This ring belonged to my mother; she made me promise to give it to the woman who would steal my heart one day. I’ve had it with me all this time, just waiting for the right moment to ask you.”

“Ask me what?” she wondered, needing to hear the words.

Spike kneeled down in front of her, taking the ring out of the box. “Buffy Anne Summers, will you do me the honor of being my wife?”

Buffy nodded, finding that speech was difficult at the moment, tears streaming down her face.

He kissed them away, placing the ring on her finger where it rightfully belonged. “I don’t want you to think that anything needs to be rushed. We can wait for as long as you want, there’s no hurry.”

She shook her head. “I think it’s safe to say that we won’t be waiting very long. I would have married you in high school if you asked me to.”

Spike felt tears of his own now, kissing her lips tenderly. Having her back in his life was a true blessing; there was no better feeling in the world. And this time around, he was definitely doing things right.

The End


Chapter End Notes:
And there you have it, I think I did all I could with this one. Thanks to those who read and reviewed!