Author's Chapter Notes:
I have to point to the warnings for this chapter. Please only read after you've looked over all of them. Spike is not the nice chipped one that we are used to and I want to write him true: conflicted, narcissistic and desperate for a different world.

how stupid could I be?
a simpleton could see
that you're no good for me
but you're the only one I see



"Drake will kill you."

The words hung in the air between them. She tried to look away from his eyes; tried to pretend that this awful choice was not what he was offering her. Drake's stony face loomed in her mind. He had knocked her out with one hit. But what were her other choices?

She could either accept a life with him as his mistress or be ruthlessly killed?

The thought was both frightening and dizzying.

Spike didn't move closer but she knew that he was watching her, waiting for her to make some kind of decision. Even as he asked her to pick, Buffy knew that he wouldn't care if she was sent back to Drake. It'd probably be less of a headache for him. But something in her didn’t want to make a decision; wanted to remain in the safe world of denial.

She had expected the solitary confinement. She could deal with torture but at some point she had expected that they would let her go, that Riley would find a way to save her.

And now she had nothing, no one. Except for Spike.

And he didn't even love her! How could she spend her life with somebody who only wanted sex? And what about her fiancé? The circle could hope all they liked that he would give up, but she knew different. He wouldn't be able to accept her just disappearing. He had never accepted anything without first trying to get his way. Their engagement had just been one manifestation of his desire for control. She could feel the beginnings of a giant headache just at the thought of Riley. No matter what Spike said, this would end badly.

Buffy felt herself start to tremble but instead bit down her lip, not caring when Spike gathered her into his arms. She felt ridiculously cold even as his hard, calloused hands pulled her against his satin shirt. He was oddly cool like the night air.

"What about my family?"

Spike peered down at her covered face. The tear track upon her cheek shone in the moonlight but otherwise she appeared statuesque. Maybe I've broken her… "You mean your lil' sis', yeah?"

She nodded, not bothering to question how he knew. Nothing in her life would ever be private again.

"We can keep her safe. I doubt the lil' chit would get into too much trouble at Berkley anyway."

"You mean Drake won't go after her?"

"Not as long as you're mine" Spike assured her. "We're equals now and the sod won't be able to challenge me about who I take for a mistress."

Buffy merely nodded, her hands pushing against hard muscle as she struggled to stand again. Everything was moving too fast. I just need it to stop. Her skin felt hot and flustered and it was only when Spike finally let go that she felt herself finally breathe properly. When had her life turned into this nightmare? She stared at Spike. He was nothing but a monster. No matter the lies that he kept spinning, there had to be a way out. Her mouth felt dry as she backed slowly away from him. "Do we need to talk anymore?" she asked. "I don’t think I can handle anymore surprises."

He laughed. Who did she think he was? Some kind of servant that she could dismiss? Al his early tenderness made him feel sick now, embarrassment curling at the tip of his spine. She was nothing but an ignorant, foolish girl. But still my girl.

"Do you have a decision?"

Buffy stared at him, aghast. Surely he didn’t want to settle the deal now? Not after just telling her that she could never return to any semblance of a normal life. "You bastard" she spat the words at him. "How dare you try and pressure me to –"

"I need to know you stupid bint!" Spike roared at her, his patience completely lost. "I have to give him an answer soon and we've wasted so much time already. Bloody Angel will be on the doorstep before I know it and then I'll have to defend you against him." He stormed into the bedroom after her, not caring as she tried to ignore him.

"ANSWER ME!"

Buffy crawled into the bed, her back to him the whole time. "I'd rather die" came the petulant reply.

Well, that fucking does it. Spike thought. His veins were bursting with the need to hurt someone, to attack something for this situation. She was meant to be a reward for his hard work and loyalty. Instead Buffy had left him irritated and without release. He wanted to tear his hair out and rip apart the bedroom. His hand itched for the need to punch something. God help the men below. Wesley would likely cop a beating. Without thinking, he reached for her but she quailed in fear. "You will fucking obey me!" His fist slammed into the wall, plaster bursting into the air as Buffy left out a frightened scream.

He didn't want to feel sympathy for her. She was meant to be a sex toy, something to pass the time with as he drove his rivals mad. Instead he had a bed full of woman and no sex.

Spike was sick of it.

Stalking over to the bed, he stared angrily at her shaking frame. "I'll bloody show you what it means to die" he roared. He ripped back the covers on the bed, desperation coloring his actions with a ferocity that he normally didn't show. She drove him mad, what with her insane arguments and lack of sense. Didn't she know what this would cost him? Her death would've been far easier to arrange then the lengths he was putting himself through at the moment. His hands closed around her throat and now he saw true terror in her eyes. She thrashed in the bed, her hands clawing at his face with fear. His eyes raked down her body. Uncaring of her feelings, his hands tore at her clothes until she was bare at the chest and only barely covered in a lacy thong. He recognised it as one that had been bought by Mrs. Whinchester but couldn't help but leer.

Gods she was gorgeous. He growled in the back of his throat as he noted the fading bruises around her breasts and the raised scars on her wrists. Where had she been before him? Who had touched her saintly body?

Angel the pillock, Riley…

The thought drove him mad with jealously and his lips latched onto a pert nipple not caring as she screamed even louder. His hand unconsciously cupped her sex, a hot sweet smell perfuming the air. She had never been had like this; she would never be taken by another after him. He pumped one finger into her slick passage and groaned as she tightened around him.

"Spike, please stop… Look at me Spike. I'll do it I'll be yours, just not tonight." She was sobbing now, her hands fisted in his hair as though holding onto him would somehow anchor her to this world. "I promise I will".

"No, 've waited long enough." His hand tightened around her throat as he pushed his fingers in deeper. Her protests were changing now, keening cries becoming pleasured as he kept up a bruising pace. "You'll be mine, no matter whether you say yes or no. You're mine Buffy, you hear me?" His voice rasped as he looked down at her tear stained face. Her hair shook with the force of her orgasms even as she struggled to get free of him. But it was a weak effort. Years of workouts and fights and clawing through the ranks to stay alive, had made Spike hard and not even a trained officer would be able to throw him off.

"Please Spike, not yet." Buffy opened her eyes to look at him, petrified at the once beautiful face contorted with rage.

It was the face of a monster.

"You promise" he pressed. His hand was wet with her juices but the only sensation he could feel was her fear. Had he gone too far?

"Buffy, luv…"

"Don’t call me that" she wrenched her body away from him, desperately trying to pull the bed sheets across herself. If he made another move towards her, she swore she'd run through the halls naked, damn the consequences. A sob tore from her throat as he began to shed his clothes. What did he want now?

Spike cursed himself silently as he slid underneath the covers. There was a gulf between them but for now it was enough.

"Buffy" he whispered and then he couldn't keep his hands off of her. The sheets tangled around her legs as he dragged her against him. His lips covered her neck, shame fueling him as he felt the raised bumps around her throat. Mine. "You're mine" he mumbled, kisses falling in the small of her back. "You're mine Elizabeth Anne Summers. You'll never be touched by another." He felt her gasp but continued to repeat the words. If he said them enough times then it would be true, no matter what Angel or any of the bastards said. He drew her against him until they were inseparable, the sensation of her heartbeat flooding into his chest. "Say you're mine."

Spike hated himself for asking her, but he needed to know now. If Angel came here without her being firmly established as his, then everything would go to hell. Drake would not forgive him if Spike murdered his younger brother. Even though the great git deserves it.

She nodded, disgust filling her even as she acquiesced to him. "Please let's just sleep tonight", she pleaded.

"Alright pet" shame threatened to engulf him as he curled at her side. What if she turns into Dru? He went to touch her back and then hesitated. She was so frail, so beautiful and perfect and he scared her. Acted like Angel and threatened her to the point where her breaths were shattered.