"Breakfast is here!" Shoving the door open, Warren peeked into the bedroom with his tray. In the bed lay a blonde girl, her hair bright in the morning sun. The big bully had sent him up here, merely barking the orders into the kitchen. None of the other staff dared to take it up to Spike's apartment.

So of course it fell on Warren.

Placing the tray on the bedside table he crept closer. She was beautiful in a unique way, her eyelashes framing high cheekbones and lush lips. Her nose reminded him of a button, cute yet still lovely.

Warren stretched out a hand and-

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

Cursing himself Warren stepped back until he was against the wall, shaking in fear as Don pushed his way into the room.

"I wasn't going to do anything, I swear."

"Shut it" Don said, his own voice low. Spike would kill them both if he found them in here. "Walk over slowly and I promise I won't tell the boss what you were going to do."

"You won't?" Warren asked, surprised. He walked out of the room slowly, past Don as the much larger man nodded his affirmation. Turning once the door was shut, Warren smiled with relief. "Thanks for that man. I was so worried you were Spike…"

"Shut your fucking mouth. You're lucky I'm not Spike but I'm still going to punish you anyway."

True fear raced across his face as Don grabbed hold of his throat. "Where are you taking me?"

"Below."



She could smell something lovely and warm and mapley? Forcing her eyes open, Buffy felt her mouth water as she spotted a tray of what was undoubtedly pancakes.

"Finally" she breathed. Between the odd bread and water slipped through during the middle of night, she had received nothing else for the better part of a week. Being alone had driven her nearly insane, particularly when her only outlet was the window facing down onto the grounds. She knew Spike was there. Sometimes when her thoughts kept her awake, she would hear him outside the door, talking in hushed tones to others, ordering those who were below him. Hunter was the only one who actually talked to her and even he couldn't answer when she would leave the accursed room.

Maybe today it would finally happen.

Not bothering with delicacy or manners, she shoved pancake into her mouth and groaned with pleasure. It was almost as good as her mothers. A tremble shook her for a second as she considered Dawn. Would she know that she was missing or merely think that her mission was taking too long? Had Riley told anyone about what was happening to her?

Lost in her thoughts, she didn't notice him before he entered the room. He was grinning like the whole situation was a joke, calm and secure whilst she was kept on edge. Classic hostage 101 strategy. God she hated this and hated him with his muscled chest and tight dress pants which perfectly showed hard thighs and a perfect ass. Yes hate was definitely the emotion that Buffy associated with Spike.

"Settling in well, luv?" Spike cursed himself silently at the endearment. She was here to be punished and broken, not coddled. He envisioned their relationship in the same manner as Angel's with Drusilla. She would come to depend on him for everything, and he would be the final master. It was the only real option given Angel's feelings for the chit. He couldn't simply allow her to roam free. Although looking at her pert arse, Spike considered allowing it if she was nude.

"Sleep well?"

"I'd sleep a lot better if you let me go!" She pushed away her breakfast not caring if they left her a loaf by the door and ignored her for a month. She'd rather starve then give in.

Spike nodded as though understanding her motives. "I don't think you understand the situation, love. I can't let you go ever."

"You can't or you won't?"

Spike eyed her, surprise flickering across his brow. What did she care? "I guess it’s a bit of both, now that I think about it. Haven't had a woman around for a long while now." Not since trying to share Dru. Plus there's the whole leverage part." The leer was unnecessary but it made her flinch.

"What do you mean?"

I can't believe I'm explaining myself to some chit. "You" Spike growled. "You're the leverage, on Angel, on Riley, even on sodding me."

"That doesn't make any sense." Buffy stood up then, her face showing all the anguish that she couldn't rationalize away. "I didn't even succeed."

Spike guffawed, his tone menacing. "I don't think you ever were going to."

"WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? ARE YOU EVER GOING TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING TO ME?!" She shoved him then, not caring what could happen. Who did they think they were keeping her like this?

Spike snapped. "I don't fucking have to! I own you pet. The sooner you understand that the better. Besides, don't you want me luv? This situation doesn't have to be all that bad." Spike reached for her, steeling himself as a loud slap landed on his cheek. Dru would've tried to lay me out by now. Again she tried to hit him and this time Spike was ready. Twisting her wrists until she couldn't use them, Spike forced her back onto the bed. "You're never going to win this pet. I have you and I'll use you and the only thing you can do is try and make yourself useful enough that I don't let you float down the Hudson."

"I'd rather wear cement shoes then be yours."

Fed up Spike let her go. "Keep acting this way, and you'll get your wish."




Spike tried to calm himself. Somewhere, she was above him, no doubt cursing his name in some not-quite-colourful language. But he couldn't bring himself to go upstairs now. Not after what Wesley had told him. It was enough to shake any man but knowing Angel personally made it all the worse.

Drake was going to forgive him.

Just the idea of it made him want to rush upstairs and just take her, fuck the waiting, fuck trying to gain any form of trust from her. He didn't deserve the mercy.

And now Spike wasn't sure that she did either. Hunter thought the whole thing was nuts. He could tell from the way the big man's eyes would linger on him in the hallways as he went about his tasks. He'd never actually said but that wasn't allowed unless it put them in danger. So far it hadn't but Angel was unpredictable and rotten to the fucking core. He tried t imagine how Buffy could ever fall for such a creature. In the time at Masters she must have seen something that would prove his character. But no; she sobbed for her poor bloody Angel and lowered her eyes when he mentioned the Captain of Cardboard and dirty tricks. She was better then both of them for all that was worth but who cared now? Hunter didn't. He thought that they could get to Riley without her, no problems. And Drake hated her too, so where was the danger in letting her fall into some shallow grave?

It made sense. Spike was willing to admit that Drake's favour was not a terrible thing to have, but she didn't deserve it, not the way that other women did. She'd walked in freely to Masters home but it wasn't the same as a normal whore. Spike could admire the effort to try and do the right thing, even if he disagreed with her mission. She was dedicated though. The way that I was dedicated to Dru.

Sighing, Spike made his way down to the gym. It was large, covering the length of the building and contained showers, toilets and a sauna. It was paradise for someone like him and the only way that he could relax. Throwing himself against the first bag, he didn't bother to bind his fists, trying to punch his way through the bag itself. If only it were that simple. He only started panting after the fourth round but still he kept on.

Left hook.

Knee.

Left then right then under hook.

Knee again.

Not even the rhythm was soothing to him. Unbidden Buffy's breasts appeared in his mind. He had known from the first time Drake hauled her out in front of the captains that she was beautiful. But with her hair smelling like shampoo and fresh water, her skin glistening and warm? Spike didn't know how to ignore her beauty, much less try and get his way. Pushing away the bag, Spike stalked to the showers and stripped. Muscled arms warm and pumped from his workout rested against the tiled wall as hot water streamed down his back.

Do you want me luv? Buffy looked at him, hazel eyes wide with lust, fear and just a hint of curiosity. He moved forward again, this time reaching for her waist. But this time she didn't struggle. Spike imagined her falling into him, her lips tickling his collarbone. His hand lowered to his raging cock, and hissed at the feel of his rough palms against smooth skin. Spike imagined her before him, knees bent as she lowered her mouth over his cock. She would smile at him, lick her lips and just touch the tip, teasing, trying to get him to explode. Gasping Spike shuddered with release, washing his hands in the now cold shower.


Deep in her bedroom, Buffy turned onto her side. For a minute there she could almost feel Spike. What is happening to me?