Author's Chapter Notes:
The support I've gotten for this is incredible and I can't thank you guys enough, you're all awesome! I hope you like this one, I was in the middle of making them about to become enemies for a while when it hit me: what about frienemies? I can do that!
“Excuse me?” she asked, clearly confused.



“Me ‘n my mates, we’re here for you and yours.” he explained, thinking she looked adorable with the small crease between her eyes that came from not knowing what was going on.



“S’plainy?”



“We’re rollers kitten, here on a little mission to whoop you on the track.”



He had expected her to get mad, to poke her finger in his chest and speak through clenched teeth, to deny the challenge even. What he hadn’t expected was for her to throw her head back and laugh up into the night sky like he was bug shagging bonkers.



“S’thing funny?” he asked, his pride beginning to sting just a little.



She wiped a tear from her face, “Yes, something’s funny.”



“Care to share?”



“You really think you can beat us on the oval?”



“Yes.” His answer was blunt, to the point.



“Care to make a wager then?” she asked, soft voice hiding the dare in her words.



“Can’t fancy why not, s’not like I have anything to lose.” he taunted smugly and lit a smoke, exhaling into her face. She chose to ignore it, this time. “What’ll it be then?” he prodded. “If you win I have to buy you a purse, maybe some matching shoes?”



She tried not to overreact to the situation, she really did, but she wasn’t made of sugar and spice and everything nice right now, right now she wasn’t just a girl, she was ‘Slayer’, and Slayer had the pride of her team as number one on her long list of priorities.



“You quit the team.”



“WHAT? You’re off your bird, deals off.”



“What are you so afraid of William?” she snapped, using his formal name purposefully.



“Nothing Elizabeth”, two could play at that game, “I just think it’s a little extreme now, don’t you?”



“I suppose if I was afraid of losing it would be.” came her snide remark.



Dawn giggled as she watched her obviously angered sister through the window with the other girls.



“Damn, B’s either going to punch him or fuck him" Faith muttered with a leer.


Willow gasped and covered Dawn’s ears, “Watch your language Faith, Dawn’s here.”



At that moment Dawn opted not to tell anyone she could still hear them all plainly.



Anya took a look at the two blonds arguing in the parking lot, “They would have hot children, also, Buffy could benefit from an orgasm party right now, she’s too stressed out.”



Dawn’s giggles had Willow glaring at her at giving her the order to go pick a song from the Jukebox.



Cordy, as per usual, seemed disinterested but couldn’t help but silently with the outspoken blond and the brazen brunette.



“I…I think he seemed nice” Tara piped up and Willow squeezed her hand affectionately. “Me too” the redhead agreed.



“I think there’s definitely some increased Oxytocin levels in the near future.”

“What?” Faith asked, looking at Fred in bewilderment.



Fred smiled and pushed her reading glasses up higher, “I think they’re going to screw too.”



Faith threw her head back and laughed, “Why didn’t you just say so?”



“I did” Fred teased back and Faith lovingly ruffled her hair, the two girls having become unlikely friends early on.



Dawn walked back to the table and offered Willow a sugary sweet smile as the sound of the music reached their ears.



I’ve been really tryin baby

Tryin to hold back this feeling for so long

And if you feel like I feel

Let’s get it on, ow baby

Let’s get it on, let’s love baby

Let’s get it on, sugar

Let’s get it on, woo



Willow sighed.





“And what happens if you lose, would you really want to have to step down because of a stupid bet?”



He was thinking of her, not himself, secure in his unfounded beliefs that there was no way in hell the Ungentlemen would lose.



Her ire deflated a bit and he smiled, “Why don’t we keep this friendly, m’not looking for enemies Buffy.”



Neither one knowing the conditions of the contract that were hidden in fine print of the soon to be signed papers.



She nodded her head and bit her lip, it wasn’t her decision to make for the rest of the team anyway. “Ok Spike, what do you suggest then?”



“A date."



Her eyebrow lifted and the corners of her lips turned upward, “You want to make a bet with me in the hopes that I’ll lose so I’ll go out with you?”



He shrugged his shoulders and smirked, “That’s what it sounds like kitten.”



“And if you lose?”



"I escort you on an evening out.” he answered, smirk widening.





"You don't even know if I have a boyfriend.” she pointed out, eyes dancing with mirth.



“My mistake” he purred and leaned in to whisper in her ear, “Do you have a boyfriend, Buffy Summers?”



The sound sent chills down her spine and she found herself tilting her lips to his ear, whispering back, “No William, I don’t."



He took a step back from her, not wanting her to see what the sound of her voice and her proximity had managed to do to his body.



“Well then, do we have a deal?” he asked, hand stretched outward, waiting to be shook.



She put her tiny hand into his, “Deal.”



“Care to seal it?” he asked suggestively, teasing but hopeful none the less.



Buffy pondered for exactly 3 seconds on whether or not to do it, and 3 seconds was all it took for her to come to several conclusions:



1. He was hot.

2. He had stopped Parker from making her face a punching bag.

3. He was hot.

4. He was British.

5. She wanted to…because:

6. He was hot.



Spike almost groaned at the contact that had him surprised and more aroused than he cared to admit. Her lips were so soft and inviting and it didn’t take him long to coax them open, his tongue gently caressing hers in a lazy but lusty manner.



“WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo” came the muted sounds of girls screaming from behind the glass of the dinner’s windows.



“YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh” came the muted sounds of guys screaming from behind the glass of the window’s of their cars.



They broke apart laughing.



“I guess that’s our cue.” she said with a smile, a blush staining her cheeks. She pulled his hand to her and produced a pen.



“Where were you keeping that?” he asked genuinely intrigued but she ignored the question in favor of scrawling her number on the top of his hand.



“If you want to practice for the bet, give me a call.”



Spike watched her walk away, appreciating the view, before shaking his head with a smile and climbing onto his bike.



Maybe Sunnyhell wouldn’t be so bad after all, he mused, revving the engine.



Chapter End Notes:
Hoped you liked it guys :)
I'll be posting a banner for the guys team soon, lyrics are from Marvin Gaye's 'Let's Get it On'